+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Rogaine does nothing for your MPB. It won't help. It will just temporarily help. It does NOTHING for MPB. It's a growth stimulant. Your hair is still getting worse.

I take finasteride. But also, I use spiro on my hairline to make sure DHT can't make it worse than it is. It's okaayy... right now. I can live with it but really I don't want it to get any worse that is why I use a topical anti androgen as well. If I only use minox it will just keep getting worse and worse.

i am just wondering, if your on Propecia and you use Rogaine for just 1 month for instance just purley to try and regrow hair. Are you able to drop the Rogaine and just hold onto that new hair with Propecia.

I am confused because, they say that Rogaine is a life time commitment (until it stops working of course, if it does), but cant just Propecia be used to keep that new hair you gave grown with Rogaine?

nope, they work very differently. The growth stimulation is needed for the hair to remain. It doesn't actually "repair" hair. They just grow better wheny uo use minox. if you stop they stop they go back to a previous state.

If your hair hasn't been gone for too long they might mature again to a certain level but this is very rare, especially for the temple area. So you have to stick with both treatments to keep their benefits.

I would have to disagree. I had been using rogaine for about 3 months, then added propecia to my reg. then continued on with rogaine for another 3.. After a while I became tired of applying bc it is a pain in the ass, so I decided to stop.. None of my hair shed afterwards and my hair remained intact from the propecia...They both work differently but still accomplisht the same goal, so in a sense they do do the same thing. Propecia blocks DHT which kills hair follices... rogaine I guess acts as a shield and keeps the hair healthy as well.. same thing. which is why when I discontinued one, the propecia still keep my hair healthy and alive because it was blocking DHT from getting to it..so there you go.

I forgot to answer your question, Yes if you regrow hair from rogaine I think it would stay.. mainly because if you're a good responder to propecia, its hair that you would have regrown anway from propecia use.....I may be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by brentipold View Post
    I forgot to answer your question, Yes if you regrow hair from rogaine I think it would stay.. mainly because if you're a good responder to propecia, its hair that you would have regrown anway from propecia use.....I may be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
    Your wrong, very much so.

pretty certain i'm right actually.... bc, it would be hair that was going to probably respond from propecia in the first place..

Hey, guys! In case you don't already know my story, I was on my third course of Accutane & my hair started falling out around day 14, so I threw the stuff out after I took my last pill on day 18. My doc insists the hair will grow back, but I didn't want to take any chances. So, I'm done with Accutane. Anyway, my doc also said that despite the fact that I stopped taking the pill, my hair will continue for fall out for a while. I guess it just has to go through this shedding cycle before it can start growing back again - which sucks! So, I was just wondering if anyone has tried using Rogaine while dealing with Ac****ane - induced hair loss? Have you had any luck with it? (I'm a chick, by the way, so male patterned baldness does not apply.) Thanks!

I know these posts were ages ago and you might not see this comment but it came up through google..

anyway about two months ago I noticed thinning at the crown of my head of my head so I started taking kirkland minoxidil and I have been taking propecia for 2 weeks. and basically the hair at the front was completely normal before all of this but since I have been on these I believe shedding has occured but the thing is im barely losing anything on the crown everything is coming off from the front and mid-front of my hair.. my hairline hasnt been affected as the loss seems to be coming from an inch or so from the hair line.. I can't run my fingers through my hair without having about 5 to 10 hairs come out (they all have a little white thing on the end, not sure if its skin) and its very very annoying and very worrying as my front was fine and it seems these drugs are making it all fall out there and nowhere else for some reason..

my theory is that i started shedding from the minooxidil and then i started shedding again from the propecia, but I am wondering if I should discontinue minoxidil use because it seems to be worse when I have applied it and it seems to make my hair at the front very thin and dry

Nothing is noticeable yet unless i look really close in the mirror or if i part my hair then you can really tell at the front. any advice or past experiences would be very helpfull. I have accepted that I am going bald but I am young so I was hoping to get a few extra years with these treatments. my older brother was at a worse stagge prior to getting on these meds and he isnt on anything and because of this stuff over the past 6 weeks i have probably surpassed him which is very worrying, please tell me propecia will start working soon

Default Minoxidil 5%

I have front mid scalp loss. Will minoxidil work to stop shed and mayb some regrowth. Still sheding after two weeks of use.