• 08-29-2010 10:58 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Interesting thread. I do think a lot of people aren't satisfied with their results...which is a shame. Even good doctors can't 100% guarantee a good result I guess...it's a risk.


    Hair loss still sucks really bad in the 21st century...

    I kinda respect you guys for not saying the names of your doctors...but just say it? Why not? I think it is fair.

    Mr. 4000, I thought you made a decent post but then...you ended it saying "why use propecia and rogaine"

    That is one of the dumbest things anyone can say, really. Rogaine/minoxidil has basically given me the result of one or more good hairtransplants on it's own! Propecia looks like it is helping me maintain the rest.

    So, if I decide to get a hair transplant in the future....should I stop using these drugs? Hell no.Your blaming your doctor for hair loss. Hair transplants aren't a cure.



    I am really sorry to hear your frustration and disappointment though.


    Please though, consider mentioning your doctors.
  • 08-29-2010 11:08 AM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Interesting thread. I do think a lot of people aren't satisfied with their results...which is a shame. Even good doctors can't 100% guarantee a good result I guess...it's a risk.


    Hair loss still sucks really bad in the 21st century...

    I kinda respect you guys for not saying the names of your doctors...but just say it? Why not? I think it is fair.

    Mr. 4000, I thought you made a decent post but then...you ended it saying "why use propecia and rogaine"

    That is one of the dumbest things anyone can say, really. Rogaine/minoxidil has basically given me the result of one or more good hairtransplants on it's own! Propecia looks like it is helping me maintain the rest.

    So, if I decide to get a hair transplant in the future....should I stop using these drugs? Hell no.Your blaming your doctor for hair loss. Hair transplants aren't a cure.



    I am really sorry to hear your frustration and disappointment though.


    Please though, consider mentioning your doctors.

    I blaming my doc for a bad hair transplant. Every patient expects their graft to grow, plain and simple.

    Some people can't use the hairloss drugs because of their side effects, which I believe the understated by the clinical studies.

    That is probably the reason people choose to have a HT in the first place.

    My post was not derived from you positive response to propec and minox, it was based on my experience with having a HT, after trying the drugs with no success.

    but thanks for your input anyway, and I'm glad it is working for you.

    This thread is not about me, lets keep it on topic.

    We want people to post if they were happy or not with their procedure. PLain and simple, cut and dry.

    I said NO.
  • 08-29-2010 11:17 AM
    KeepTheHair
    So, your blaming the doctor but not naming him?

    If rogaine did nothing for you then don't use it, I agree. But you have to use propecia if it doesn't give you sides or you will just lose more and more hair.


    I was actually considering a hair transplant again recently but really I don't think it's a good idea. I mean... I have decent hair..just not great. I think I can potentially make things much much worse. I think if hair transplants where risk free then spencer would not be using concealer but would have rather had FUE done. I think he did the smart and responsible thing and didn't do it. I think if you still have a decent head of hair that a hairtransplant can do more harm than good.

    It really sucks that we don't have any cost effective and risk free methods to solve this problem. I think we will in the coming years though, just a pitty it's going to take so damn long.
  • 08-29-2010 11:31 AM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    So, your blaming the doctor but not naming him?

    If rogaine did nothing for you then don't use it, I agree. But you have to use propecia if it doesn't give you sides or you will just lose more and more hair.


    I was actually considering a hair transplant again recently but really I don't think it's a good idea. I mean... I have decent hair..just not great. I think I can potentially make things much much worse. I think if hair transplants where risk free then spencer would not be using concealer but would have rather had FUE done. I think he did the smart and responsible thing and didn't do it. I think if you still have a decent head of hair that a hairtransplant can do more harm than good.

    It really sucks that we don't have any cost effective and risk free methods to solve this problem. I think we will in the coming years though, just a pitty it's going to take so damn long.

    yes I will not name the doctor and compromise the ability to work with him to find a solution. If we find a solution/fix then I will be happy, right now I'm not.

    I do not disagree with anything you are saying about the drugs, it does give me side effects, so I can't take it.
  • 08-29-2010 11:36 AM
    KeepTheHair
    I see, that makes sense.


    Good luck to you. I hope you and your doctor can work something out. Let us know.
  • 08-29-2010 11:57 AM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I see, that makes sense.


    Good luck to you. I hope you and your doctor can work something out. Let us know.

    Yes sir Keep, I surely will.
  • 09-02-2010 08:56 PM
    mhoffma1
    No regrets - please sir I want some more (hair)
    I've had one HT and my doc did an incredible job - don't regret it in the slightest - only wish I had the cash to get one more to fill the crown. Kept taking propecia afterward as it stopped my hair loss many years ago and continues to do the job. My scar is almost invisible. He was expensive though - but this wasn't something I was going to skimp on!
  • 09-10-2010 06:39 PM
    Mr. 4000
    where are the people who had work done? Are you happy with your work or did you need more?
  • 09-15-2010 01:07 PM
    gillenator
    I had four seperate procedures starting in 1996. My graft total to date is roughly 6900 strip grafts. Am I satisfied 100%? No. But I did my reserach over the years and kept my goals and expectations within my limitations. I am happy overall and never had anyone stare at my hair and ask me if I had a HT.
  • 02-25-2011 05:43 PM
    muso
    I've had several hair restoration procedures old (early 90's) and recent strip fut. with an ISHRS doctor to try and fix the mess caused by the earlier older procedures both old and new performed by the same doctor here in Australia.

    [B]Two very very bad life changing things have happenned to me:1./ Coming home from work when I was an 18 year old kid and finding my mother dead in her bed (she was only 49) I'm almost that age now.

    [/B]2./ Attempting to remedy my hairloss problem surgically: There was no internet back then, very few books and very few straight answers from anyone involved in medicine at all. The yellow pages and whatever literature the doctor gave you was all you had to go by. Ashley and Martin tried to sell me a $1,500 couse of shampoo which ofcourse would not have worked.
    If you were looking to remedy your hairloss surgically before 1996 you were probably going to end up in big trouble (until 1996 when someone finally discovered how to use a microscope, treatments were still in the 1950's)

    I even saw a specialist (Dermatologist) who also advised of the limited and morbid options available at the time around 1992-1993....so I did everything right.....the only thing I did wrong was go through with it.

    Now many years later after living under a cap or wig I attempted to tidy the mess up with some modern FUT but after 12 months it has not grown properly, the area is more scalp than skin, comparing the photos which I took post op to my present condition only about half of the grafts have grown and the ones that have are weak and thin, I do however have fine straight hair but the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant so they should be thicker, maybe 12 months is too early, or more than likely the scarring from earlier surgery has created an unfavourable environment for the FUT transplants.

    They say life is about experiences, well my experience has led me to a greater understanding of the full meaning of certain verbal cliche's which have been around for a long time, here is some which I relate to my experience ad hope that younger men out there considering a transplant may think about, some I've added myself and some I've just read on similar forums.

    Don't cut what can be untied:
    Don't make permanent decisions when in a temporary state of mind:
    Regret if really severe turns into anger and depression and lasts a life time:
    A bad hair transplant goes deeper than the body...it cuts into the soul:
    Suicide.....a permanent solution to a temporary problem, don't try it, work through your problems here on earth, the afterlife probably does not have a solution:
    Remember todays "state of the art" hair transplant is tomorrow's butchery:
    If you have to sign a waiver before surgery is the surgeon any good?
    The Scalpel has been no friend of mine and has changed my life forever, from the first cut onwards it is forever!
    If you are uncertain what to do, especially if emotion is involved..DO NOTHING
    The saying "a step in the wrong direction is better than standing still" DOES NOT APPLY TO HAIR TRANSPLANTS:

    The real winners in the hairloss battle are the guys who shave their heads and are proud of themselves, from the first day of surgery (excluding FUE) a shaved head is not an option.....ever.

    In my opinion the entire hairloss industry over the decades both surgical and non surgical has been an utter disgrace, compare the cost of a hair transplant with other cosmetic procedures (liposuction, nose job etc) they don't cost $30,000 and offer far more predictable results from what I have read. A full hair transplant should at the very best cost $10,000 and I don't care how much work is involved. I sincerely hope that soon one of the companies like Histogen succeeds in finding a viable cure, I wish them all the best, if they do it will keep greedy HT doctors in check and at the very least bring hair transplant costs down to an acceptable level.
    Given mankind's natural greed I am astonished that a cure has not been found yet.......the pot of gold would be similar to oil company revenue.

    I wish Histogen and other similar companies all the best to finding a cure so that hairloss sufferers all over the world can actually get something universally viable for their money

    In spite of my negative journey I am happy to hear of the patients who are pleased with their results, but please think carefully about it especially if you are still young (in your 20's with an unpredictable hairloss forecast)

    Thanks for reading this post which turned out more like a thesis than a post.

    If I can stop just one young man from having to go through the grief and torment which I have had to, then that's one less in the world which is a good thing :)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

(19m) Not sure if I'm balding or not
Yesterday 08:23 AM
Last Post By BaldBearded
Today 09:34 AM
Does RU 58841 really work?
06-21-2018 03:56 PM
by JuanP
Last Post By Geo88
Today 09:33 AM
5 year followup on Asian hair repair Dr. Lindsey
12-11-2017 07:45 AM
Last Post By profilecain
Today 05:33 AM