Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandle
    • Feb 2014

Need to start something...

I'm 29 yrs old and have been slowly shedding from age 23-24, until recently I think it may be getting a little hastened. More people seem to comment anyways...
    which btw, WTF Yes, I do know I am thinning out on top. does anyone else get people asking them this? Honestly... W T F.
    I digress...
    I have always had fine hairs, but A LOT of them, I had a bushy head of hair until my younger 20s. My fiance and I have recently broken up and I am in need to get back in the game, however my confidence is slightly hindered due to the above stated reason. I would really like to start some treatment before I actually start getting a bald spot on my crown. Temples are inching back as well...

My question, before I dive into heavy research - Dutasteride or Finasteride? Who takes one or the other? Both? What are the occurring side effects, if any? How is the regrowth/seizing of shedding/overall outcome of the product? and do any side effects stick around after you stop the product?

My main concern is the possible sexual side effects... I know this doesn't occur in all people, but that's what this thread is for! Information!

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • Aonyx262
    • Aug 2014

Hey!

Finasteride has variable effects on different people. I actually take both Finasteride and Dutasteride. I haven't noticed huge results as of yet (4 months into finasteride, 1 month dutasteride), but I can say, I have had no side effects whatsoever. Not only do not ALL people have sexual side effects, but very few people actually have them.

Good Luck!

Comment

• RanDave
      • Nov 2014

Hello
      My haircut is very short, however the thinning hair at the vertex is quite visible. And, yes people do ask me about it. It confuses me, but, you know, I decided not to pay much attention to what they say as nobody is perfect.

I'm now on Finasteride. I'm not a long-term user, and could not tell about the great results, but can tell that it has no side effects for me.

Comment

Working...