• 03-17-2012 04:42 PM
    jgold
    FDA RE-TESTING PROPECIA due to complaints
    I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but I just wanted to put it out there.

http://ducknetweb.blogspot.com/2012/...-propecia.html
  • 03-17-2012 05:21 PM
    ryan555
    To be clear, they are reviewing the data, not re-testing the product.
  • 03-17-2012 05:33 PM
    WashedOut
    Good thing if you ask me hopefully it will give us a more definitive understanding of the drug and likelihood of side effects.
  • 03-18-2012 06:28 PM
    skipstah70
    About ****ing time.
  • 03-18-2012 06:42 PM
    chrisis
    Quote:

The study said that 94% of a group of 71 developed problems due to the side effects from the drug. The side effect of the drug are: erectile dysfunction, impotence, greatly reduced libido, testicular pain, problems with orgasms and gynecomastia – an over-development of the male breast.
    94%??? That's 4 men out of the 71 who did NOT report side effects. Stunning if true.
  • 03-18-2012 08:16 PM
    the_charger
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    94%??? That's 4 men out of the 71 who did NOT report side effects. Stunning if true.

im actually surprised its not 100%. After all, these 71 men were chosen from a group of guys that were already complaining of permanent sexual problems. I think all of them were from p-help.com
  • 03-18-2012 09:05 PM
    jgold
    basically all of them were from p-help, and they all had side effects, the reason its 94% is because he had to discredit those who previously had anxiety or similar issues or who had taken anti depressants. thats my understanding
  • 03-18-2012 11:52 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    What a ****ing joke !!! So these guys doing the "study" basically reversed the numbers. Instead of saying 2% of the people had side effects they flip it and make it close to the same % but without side effects. So they're saying virtually all participants had side effects! They can shove their study up their a****.
  • 03-19-2012 05:46 AM
    chrisis
    If they had already had side effects then it's not a very plausible study and I don't know what they were trying to achieve.

Could someone point out where that info was? Doesn't seem to appear on the link.

Maybe they were trying to establish the persistence of side effects after men stop taking finasteride? Either way, it's unclear both what the intention of the study was and who the participants were.

Pretty bad study and bad write-up. No wonder we're all so damn confused.
  • 03-19-2012 01:02 PM
    jgold

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth