23 years young, balding?

Printable View

• 03-24-2020 05:01 PM
    shagtastic69
    1 Attachment(s)
    23 years young, balding?
    I need some advice because I'm lost. 4 years ago I had great hair but ultimately decided to cut it. Now that I'm growing it back i'm finding this on top of my head. Am I balding? I'm pretty concerned being the age I am and all.
  • 03-24-2020 10:55 PM
    christophermitchell
    Hi,

It could possibly be hairloss, but I’m not sure... from what i see, you took the picture right above the light, which make your skin more apparent through your hair. Do you have hairloss history in your family ? And Try to post more picture

Cheers
  • 03-25-2020 08:27 AM
    SheriGoddart85
    Not sure, but you better go and see a doctor. maybe it is lack of vitamins, maybe something else.
  • 04-05-2020 12:33 PM
    Hair R Research
    sorry you have this worry so young. It's difficult to say whether you're thinning. Hair loss isn't always progressive (if it is that), some men can recede frontally only for decades. Don't feel you have to take immediate action or go to a GP, you can if you want to, but it also is okay to pause, wait and see. Should always be your decision.
  • 05-04-2020 06:46 PM
    Ht2
    There appears to be some miniaturisation around the crown and it could be the start of the balding process for you.

This statement is tempered with:

1. You’ve parted your hair to clearly show us;
    2. You’ve said you’re growing your hair out so it is long - longer and heavier than usual. As such, the weight of your hair may just showing partings/roots more than if it was shorter and lighter.
    3. You’re standing under strong lighting.

If you can, get a consult with a trichologist or a hair transplant surgeon who will properly examine your hair. If you are balding, you’ll have potentially caught it early and there are options out there to slow/reverse any loss.
  • 05-12-2020 08:34 PM
    jamesjacobs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shagtastic69 View Post
    I need some advice because I'm lost. 4 years ago I had great hair but ultimately decided to cut it. Now that I'm growing it back i'm finding this on top of my head. Am I balding? I'm pretty concerned being the age I am and all. 8 ball pool

I feel your pain. First thing you should do is talk to your doctor, make sure its not a symptom of anything else. My hair has thinned dramatically in the past year or so, and is starting to recede as well. If it gives you any idea, I was losing enough hair during the morning shower that I had to skim it off the shower drain grate so it didn't plug during the shower.
  • 09-15-2020 06:19 PM
    shagtastic69
    Mpb
    Hey guys! Figured I would bump an old thread, with covid going on right now it was hard to get an appointment as soon as I did. I went to the doctor and was told I had male pattern baldness. They recommended finasteride and rogaine both and go from there. I appreciate the feedback everyone has given me, thanks!
  • 09-20-2020 02:48 AM
    VIP
    I recommend you read this book:

Everything a man Needs to Know to Prevent Hair Loss
  • 09-27-2020 09:06 AM
    PeakyBlinder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shagtastic69 View Post
    Hey guys! Figured I would bump an old thread, with covid going on right now it was hard to get an appointment as soon as I did. I went to the doctor and was told I had male pattern baldness. They recommended finasteride and rogaine both and go from there. I appreciate the feedback everyone has given me, thanks!

Did you start your rogaine and finasteride journey? how is it going? All the best!
  • 10-04-2020 05:27 AM
    saraiolpa
    Hair loss isn't always progressive (if it is that), some men can recede frontally only for decades.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 10:12 AM
An inconvenient truth about FUE
Today 07:24 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Today 07:24 AM