washing hair everyday

Printable View

• 10-29-2011 06:32 AM
    bertrumhenderson
    washing hair everyday
    is it bad? i wear product everyday becuz my hair naturally sticks up and looks stupid, so i need to wash it the next day since my hair is then full of product, and is oily.
  • 10-29-2011 06:49 AM
    Tracy C
    It probably depends on the shampoo you are using. You want to avoid washing your hair every day if you can. If you need to wash your hair every day, you need to make sure you are using a shampoo that is very gentle. I work out almost every day, so I need to wash my hair almost every evening. I use Aveeno "NOURISH + MOISTURIZE" shampoo, conditioner and leave-in treatment because they are gentle enough to use every day.

If you are treating hair loss and Nizoral is part of your regimen, you should not wash with Nizoral every day. Once or twice per week is more than enough, unless your doctor has specifically told you to use Nizoral more often than that. Also, if you use Nizoral, you need to condition your hair every day because Nizoral can dry your hair out.
  • 10-29-2011 08:33 AM
    bertrumhenderson
    would baby shampoo be any use?
  • 10-29-2011 08:47 AM
    Tracy C
    Baby shampoo is very gentle, so I would think so. You still need to use a conditioner though.
  • 10-30-2011 08:16 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Sulfate free shampoos are generally more gentle than most other shampoos and can usually be used on a daily basis without a problem.
  • 10-31-2011 02:18 AM
    Amercancer
    What about using minoxidil, do I still have to wash everyday?
  • 10-31-2011 08:55 AM
    Tracy C
    Minoxidil should be applied to a clean scalp. You do not need to wash if you know your scalp is clean. If you know you need to wash, wash.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth