Started RU 3 Weeks ago

Printable View

• 04-14-2013 08:55 PM
    jlantern
    Yes I use a scale. I would just tell her what it is.

As far as results go, ive noticed some small hairs pop up and a lot of shedding. I think im at the end of this round of shedding. Given the template for how these treatments work I would guess a few months out before I get an idea of how this is going to work
  • 04-14-2013 09:12 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Hellouser: Excuse me if you have stated your results with RU on this forum, but what has been your experience with this result wise? Has anyone seen hairline improvement? I had issues with FIN sides, which basically made me aware I'm androgen sensitive. Will using RU cause similar sides because FIN damn near destroyed me the year I was on it.

After 2 months of being on RU and Minoxidil 5%, Nizoral 3-4 times a week and Saw Palmetto (160mg-550mg per day) I'm seeing a ridiculous amount of new hairs growing in at the hair line. And not like a few per centimetre sq, a LOT. They're all thing however and looks blonde, but also about half a centimetre in length, I noticed them a few weeks ago so this is definitely a result or at least terrific maintenance. I can't see the results from the vertex in my scalp, but I'm hoping there is growth there as well.

I added CB into my regimen a week ago, so it should improve the results as well.

No side effects at all except from decreased libido most likely from Saw Palmetto.
  • 04-14-2013 09:43 PM
    jlantern
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    After 2 months of being on RU and Minoxidil 5%, Nizoral 3-4 times a week and Saw Palmetto (160mg-550mg per day) I'm seeing a ridiculous amount of new hairs growing in at the hair line. And not like a few per centimetre sq, a LOT. They're all thing however and looks blonde, but also about half a centimetre in length, I noticed them a few weeks ago so this is definitely a result or at least terrific maintenance. I can't see the results from the vertex in my scalp, but I'm hoping there is growth there as well.

I added CB into my regimen a week ago, so it should improve the results as well.

No side effects at all except from decreased libido most likely from Saw Palmetto.

Keep me updated on the CB I might add it too, I have left over spiro ive been using EOD
  • 04-14-2013 09:52 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlantern View Post
    Keep me updated on the CB I might add it too, I have left over spiro ive been using EOD

Spiro is such a weak DHT inhibitor though. Although, I wish I had used it in my early 20s just when I starting balding.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUCK.

As each day passes, I'm more and more inclined to give BNP-32 a shot.

I'll definitely let you know how CB goes as I've been keep a log of my hair for the last 2 years. Too bad only NOW have I started to see results of any kind.
  • 04-14-2013 10:33 PM
    HARIRI
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Spiro is such a weak DHT inhibitor though. Although, I wish I had used it in my early 20s just when I starting balding.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUCK.

I agree with you. According to Dr. Lee, 5% Azelaic Acid is a better DHT inhibitor topical than Spiro. Spiro is more for women than men.
  • 04-15-2013 04:35 PM
    jlantern
    Good thing ive been using liporgain for minox now
  • 04-16-2013 05:11 PM
    torontostringer
    I still seem to be maintaining on the crown and small little hairs on the temple. I want to start making my own batches. Please don't make fun of my math skills, but how does 100 mg RU in 1 ml solution make sense? If I want to make a 2 ounce solution that's about 61 ml. How many grams should be added in?

thanks
  • 04-16-2013 06:42 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by torontostringer View Post
    I still seem to be maintaining on the crown and small little hairs on the temple. I want to start making my own batches. Please don't make fun of my math skills, but how does 100 mg RU in 1 ml solution make sense? If I want to make a 2 ounce solution that's about 61 ml. How many grams should be added in?

thanks

If you want to use 100mg/1ml and you want to make 61ml to use full of RU, you'll need 6.1 grams. I wont convert that to ounces as the imperial system is a joke and I see youre from Toronto.

:)
  • 04-16-2013 09:29 PM
    jlantern
    I use KB, which is a 5 percent solution out of the bottle, that means 1ml = 50mg or so of RU. Its easy and KB gets good reviews, either way what hellouser said is correct.

As far as my condition, ive stopped SHEDDING. I might see 1 hair when applying or showering. This is encouraging considering my temple areas keep getting longer. I think because of the shedding I experienced early on with starting RU I am going to wait a few weeks for a hair cut and watch the hair line and crown area.

Good luck gents keep us updated
  • 04-16-2013 10:11 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlantern View Post
    I use KB, which is a 5 percent solution out of the bottle, that means 1ml = 50mg or so of RU. Its easy and KB gets good reviews, either way what hellouser said is correct.

As far as my condition, ive stopped SHEDDING. I might see 1 hair when applying or showering. This is encouraging considering my temple areas keep getting longer. I think because of the shedding I experienced early on with starting RU I am going to wait a few weeks for a hair cut and watch the hair line and crown area.

Good luck gents keep us updated

My shedding how also slowed down :) and the hairs at the hairline are regrowing nicely. Still a lot more to go, but I'll be taking some photographs soon to show progress as I'm going in for a haircut on saturday. Havent got a haircut since January! This is goign to be scary.

I should note, I'm 80% set to get on a peptide treatment as well, using BNP in a gel at 50-200mcg/g of gel. I spoke with a friend of mine who's a chemist at the canadian military and said peptides I shouldnt worry about even if topically. I'm getting really excited, I *really* hope it can fill in the friggin lost temples, most of the patients that went through the trial saw incredible growth that nothing else could match, not even a hair transplant. I'll definitely be posting pics if and when I go through with it. I'm thinking of getting on Finasteride for the very brief period of time as well to potentially improve regrowth from peptides. Treatments lasted between 7-21 days, twice a day. I'm going to have to figure out how to apply my topicals throughout the day though; CB in morning, BNP at 6pm and again at 1am? Hmm..... may shave head as well. Never shaved and am curious how i'd look anyway (wanna do it before I die). Shaved head would probably yield even better results with RU and CB as none of the liquid would get caught in my hair.

So far though, RU is working wonders.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
04-22-2024 04:24 PM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By northeastguy