Went to a doctor and he advised taking Nanogen Serum and..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppxrare
    • Feb 2012

Went to a doctor and he advised taking Nanogen Serum and..

and Perfectil pills, I asked him about rogaine and he said its old treatment now and said to take Nanogen serum instead. So has anyone tried it? any news? because I have searched over the internet and didn't find any information on people who used it.

I'm a 19 year old male who's starting to experience hair loss at the front and some at the back but till now i can cover it and have it seem like a full set of hair with a slightly receding hairline but I fear I'm getting to the point where I wont be able to do that.

PS: Sorry this is a repost from the hairloss treatment thread, i don't know where to post it so i figured to post in both.
  • StressedToTheBald
    Inactive
    • Jan 2012

My advice is the same.. Whatever You do, don't take propecia..

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
      My advice is the same.. Whatever You do, don't take propecia..
      ^ he will be banned soon... I wouldn't take his advice on anything

Comment

• ppxrare
        • Feb 2012

He didn't really give me much advice... Where I live, we don't have propecia. I'm just asking about Nanogen serum

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by ppxrare
          He didn't really give me much advice... Where I live, we don't have propecia. I'm just asking about Nanogen serum
          Question:Where are you from?

Perfectil pills - overpriced and incomplete... get this instead:
          http://www.vitacost.com/Country-Life-Maxi-Hair (cheaper and has more vitamins)

Nanogem Serum - never heard of it but it looks interesting. Researching it now...

Comment

• mcw
            • Feb 2012

why are you hating on propecia so much, just curious

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

I asked him about rogaine and he said its old treatment now and said to take Nanogen serum instead.
              Rogaine is proven to regrow hair. That Nanogen stuff is not proven to regrow hair. Rogaine is FDA approved to regrow hair. That Nanogen stuff is not.

It's your money.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                Inactive
                • Jan 2012

I haven't had experience with Nanogen. My advice actually was - don't let anyone persuade You to take propecia. Propecia promoters here as You will see go around and tell new people seeking for help that nothing else but propecia works or is proven, which is not the case, propecia neither works with everyone nor its safe..

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                  Inactive
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mcw
                  why are you hating on propecia so much, just curious
                  I preach against it simply because its hazardous drug with extremely serious side effects and has ruined the lives of many people. Its now officially reported as hazard, confirmed to be dangerous by top professors and MDs. With all these latest news and studies beeing available, risks are exposed, and until this drug gets banned or marked with new hazard labels by FDA, no one should take it in the meantime. Plenty of propecia promoters here go around and persuade new people how perfectly safe and miraculous drug this is, how its the only solution and nothing else works. They're selling it like its a bubble gum, even though it can ruin peoples' lives. I'm just trying to save a few lives from beeing ruined if You don't mind.

Comment

• Jan 2012

My advice actually was - don't let anyone persuade You to take propecia.
                    AND don't let anyone persuade you to NOT take Propecia.

You should judge drug's safety based on the scientific studies and not some random people on the Internet forums.... Here are some of those studies:

In men with male pattern hair loss, finasteride 1 mg/d slowed the progression of hair loss and increased hair growth in clinical trials over 2 years.

Based on global photographic assessment, finasteride (1 mg) is able to increase hair growth in all areas of the scalp affected by male pattern hair loss.

Before now, there has been no study of finasteride use exceeding 1 year in Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA) except the study subsequently conducted from the development phase. Since the launch of finasteride, no study in a larger population had been reported. Ethnic variation of the ons …

read them, know the risks and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Comment

• Jan 2012

I preach against it simply because its hazardous drug with extremely serious side effects and has ruined the lives of many people.
                      sure sure.... you're probably doing more harm than good

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

More BS...
                        It is well past time for you stop shoveling the barrel loads of BS you keep shoveling. You don't know anything. You are just a fool on a mission to load this forum down with a mountain of nonsense - and it got old over a week ago. The whole point of this specific forum is to steer people away from the BS people like you keep dishing out, not load them down with it. You do not belong here. You are doing more harm than good.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                          • Sep 2010

Nanogen serum isn't proven to work. If you want to experiment with unproven treatments, I strongly recommend also using proven ones. This way you'll know you're doing something about your hair loss, instead of just hoping you are.

The treatments known to work for male-pattern hair loss are finasteride, ketconazole shampoo, minoxidil and dutasteride. The first three are the standard regimen for fighting hair loss in males; dutasteride's long-term effects when used for hereditary hair loss are something of an unknown right now.
                          If finasteride isn't available in your country, there are members of this forum who routinely buy it online. You can check some other threads for advice on where to go (or someone can post it here).

StressedToTheBald is not a useful source for information. He is either just trolling or has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...