• 06-13-2011 01:23 AM
    insearchofhairtx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    actually it looks pretty good! If you get transdermal hair replication go to someone who specializes in it! I have seen and heard horror stories.This is not the same as tattoo.
    The guy in Florida started it and is the only one that makes his own needles.I got my scar done(ht) at goodlook ink in MN.looks good!
    good luck!good for u not getting ht.I wish i would've waited!Now big scar.

Hi t-bone,

I am also interested in this procedure. How long have you done it? and Can you share your current photos with me. I will keep it to just myself (ucifall2000@yahoo.com)

Thanks
  • 06-13-2011 03:55 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Just one thing to consider. Let's imagine for a moment that in 5 or 10 years hair multiplication/cloning or stem cell reactivation or whatever comes along and it can really give you back a good head of hair. Ask yourself this, how would you feel having gone ahead with SMP? (or indeed FUT for that matter) There's no going back with this. If you're not entirely sure, don't.
  • 06-13-2011 02:53 PM
    t-bone
    I only had scar done and it faded.If you are interested in it you want to go to the guy in Florida! He started this and specializes in it and guarantees it will not fade.Good look in Mn. does not have the same guarantee!
  • 06-13-2011 02:56 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

I only had scar done and it faded.If you are interested in it you want to go to the guy in Florida! He started this and specializes in it and guarantees it will not fade.Good look in Mn. does not have the same guarantee!

A scar makes sense if FUE'd scalp or beard hairs don't work but SMP as a stand alone procedure for the top of your scalp is madness imo.
  • 06-13-2011 06:13 PM
    insearchofhairtx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Just one thing to consider. Let's imagine for a moment that in 5 or 10 years hair multiplication/cloning or stem cell reactivation or whatever comes along and it can really give you back a good head of hair. Ask yourself this, how would you feel having gone ahead with SMP? (or indeed FUT for that matter) There's no going back with this. If you're not entirely sure, don't.

Hi, thanks for your input. I am, however, practical. Even the stem cells technique will come along, it won't be at least 5 more years or even 10 more years. And even so, the price is not anywhere below 10k and multiple procedures are requires. I don't see myself doing this.
  • 06-13-2011 06:15 PM
    insearchofhairtx
    Quote:

Thanks t-bone! Will you do it again for your fading scars?
  • 06-14-2011 02:24 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by insearchofhairtx View Post
    Hi, thanks for your input. I am, however, practical. Even the stem cells technique will come along, it won't be at least 5 more years or even 10 more years. And even so, the price is not anywhere below 10k and multiple procedures are requires. I don't see myself doing this.

Fair enough.
  • 06-14-2011 02:53 AM
    RichardDawkins
    Even if your statements were true, i would never consider such a lousy tattoo stuff for a lot of reasons

1) Follicles destroyed

2) Color will wear out over time

3) Multiple touch ups required

4) Do you know if this treatement will be available in the future (i guess absolutely not)

5) Its not natural

6) Its only a way for a guy like Rassmann to get more money with lesser work
  • 06-22-2011 09:11 PM
    damnhair
    Hey guys. I just joined the site specifically to get info about micro pigmentation, as I'm seriously considering it. I understand that there is a high probability that the ink could fade over time (as most inks do), and that it is not a cure, but a camouflage....I'm fine with that.

As it stands, I wear a hat almost every day and have confidence issues related to my receding hairline. If this procedure gave me anywhere near the results that seem to be possible on some companies websites, I'd feel as if MPB as it relates to me WAS cured.

I am light brown skinned, have black hair, and look best with my hair closely shaved. Going grey later is not an issue. Only being able to do shaved head styles is not an issue. Ink not replicating my color is not an issue (aside from the fading which I'm comfortable risking if the procedure was successful otherwise).

My hair is not too bad right now. I would only be getting this procedure to combat some of the corner recession I've had. If I could just bring the corners down 1/2 inch on each side, I'd be ecstatic. I'm 32 now, and would never spend the $ on any cosmetic surgical procedures (no offense to any who do...I just dont have that sort of $ lol).

What would you see as the possible negatives for someone in my position? I appreciate your insight. Thanks!
  • 06-26-2011 10:30 PM
    damnhair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Even if your statements were true, i would never consider such a lousy tattoo stuff for a lot of reasons

1) Follicles destroyed

2) Color will wear out over time

3) Multiple touch ups required

4) Do you know if this treatement will be available in the future (i guess absolutely not)

5) Its not natural

6) Its only a way for a guy like Rassmann to get more money with lesser work

I disagree with almost every point lol.

1.- Hair definitely continues to grow despite tattoos...anyone with a tattoo can attest to that

2.+3.- are essentially the same issue....Yes...it is likely that the inks used will fade (although they wont change colors), and that fading could make you want to get it touched up. It's also possible that the fading (along with any later balding) could make the procedure look even more natural. Neither can be said for certain, but if the only issue you've had after 5 years since your SMP, is that the ink isn't as dark as you want it, then I'm sure you're already more than happy with having done the procedure.

4. The field of SMP is just now starting to grow, with companies expanding and more doctors becoming involved. If anything it is getting more popular and will become more widespread over time (much the same as other permanent cosmetics).

5. The only thing natural concerning going bald, is going bald. Anything done to combat that is already "unnatural" in some respect. If you have a procedure done and are satisfied with it, who cares if it's "natural"?

6. I'm not super familiar with that Dr., but it seems as if I'm in the vast majority there. If so many people know who this Dr. is, I'm pretty sure he isn't hard up for $ lol.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM