Define Shedding

Printable View

• 03-17-2011 06:08 AM
    Purple Glow
    Define Shedding
    What exactly is shedding and how can you tell if it is happening?

I didn't wash my hair today. I have run my fingers through my hair about 10 times, grabbing away trying to yank some out. I've grabbed a total of 4 hairs.

A 3-4 months ago, I would grab maybe 15 hairs trying the same thing. My scalp was also a bit itchy and flaking but has stopped since.

How many should I be pulling out to be considered shedding?
  • 03-17-2011 08:31 AM
    mothernature
    pulling hair like u have is not really an indicator of how much ur shedding is it? since 60-100 hairs fall out everyday as part of a normal cycle anyway.. but it looks like ur hair loss might have slowed down/stopped
  • 03-17-2011 09:31 AM
    jasinfla
    What does it mean when you get close by a mirror and you look at an area in the crown and the hair looks real shorter compared to the rest of the hair? It just looks like a difference in that area & then it goes back to normal. When I look from a distance in the mirror, that area looks really dark brown & maybe have some reddish tint in it.

Thanks.
  • 03-21-2011 02:31 AM
    mothernature
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Glow View Post
    What exactly is shedding and how can you tell if it is happening?

I didn't wash my hair today. I have run my fingers through my hair about 10 times, grabbing away trying to yank some out. I've grabbed a total of 4 hairs.

A 3-4 months ago, I would grab maybe 15 hairs trying the same thing. My scalp was also a bit itchy and flaking but has stopped since.

How many should I be pulling out to be considered shedding?

you're not shedding anymore, can i ask what your regimen is?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth