Fear of Finasteride

Printable View

• 07-06-2013 12:39 PM
    KO1
    The worst mistake of my life was not getting on and staying fin as early as possible. People talk about fin ruining their lives, not taking finasteride has destroyed my life.
  • 07-06-2013 01:36 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    The worst mistake of my life was not getting on and staying fin as early as possible. People talk about fin ruining their lives, not taking finasteride has destroyed my life.

Every guy here needed a hair mentor when he was younger to teach him about this shit. To tell him to get on meds at the FIRST sign of hair loss, if not sooner
  • 07-06-2013 07:02 PM
    deuce
    I know I am in the same boat. Well I actually went through with it and bit the bullet in September 2011. The first few days were fine then I could feel my heart beat really weird. I do not know if it was in my head or really a side. I got off of it. I think it was in my head because my cousin said he had an irregular heartbeat on it. I was also discontinuing my anti depressant that week so that may have had something to do with it. I also had the same thing happen on rogaine around that time.. But I took rogaine back in 2004 and never had that side effect because I was not thinking about it. I also recently started back rogaine a couple of months ago and I have been doing fine because my mind has been occupied. I am getting my proscar in two weeks from my urologist and I am going to try it again, but recently I talked to my friend and he just had to discontinue his proscar use because of impotenence and gyno. So this makes me apprehensive, but everyone is different.
  • 07-06-2013 07:35 PM
    KO1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Every guy here needed a hair mentor when he was younger to teach him about this shit. To tell him to get on meds at the FIRST sign of hair loss, if not sooner

Seriously, I wish somebody had told me these things years ago. That's one of the reasons I'm so adamant about the issue and continue to advocate this drug.
  • 07-11-2013 12:13 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post

This Exactly! If I would have had somebody to just tell me the options that are out there, I would be in much better shape than I am now.
  • 07-11-2013 08:15 PM
    deuce
    Can someone be my hair mentor?
  • 07-11-2013 08:51 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Can someone be my hair mentor?

Not much to be mentored. Get on the big 3.

Throughout the ordeal, many of us get frustrated and paranoid about things. Try not to let it affect your life (often easier said than done).

It's not worth listening to individual anecdotal outcomes for the treatments. Read the literature, instill confidence within yourself of the drugs, and do your best to not think about it. Combing the internet you will find every outcome to every drug; someone has had every side effect you can imagine.
  • 07-12-2013 04:13 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Like Bigthinker said, everybody who is suffering from MPB should get on the big 3. Also, give them time to work. Keep an eye on your body for sides.
  • 07-17-2013 02:10 AM
    hiilikeyourbeard
    if anyone is ever afraid of side effects. look at side effects of any common anti-depressant. i looked up side effects of a medicine i take called lexapro the other day just for kicks. i about SHIT my pants
  • 07-17-2013 02:14 AM
    Jcm800
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    if anyone is ever afraid of side effects. look at side effects of any common anti-depressant. i looked up side effects of a medicine i take called lexapro the other day just for kicks. i about SHIT my pants

Fair enough, but does your medication grow tits for you, or shrink your dick?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth