• 07-04-2012 04:36 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Do Looks matter
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3917414/.../t/face-value/

Quote:

By Keith Morrison
    NBC News
    updated 1/13/2004 10:02:44 AM ET

Anybody who watches reality TV knows that when it comes to landing a date with a beautiful woman, the "Average Joe" doesn't stand much of a chance against a handsome hunk. But does the preference for physical attractiveness go deeper than just romance? Even when looks shouldn't count -- for instance, at a bank or the doctor -- are beautiful people treated better than everyone else? With our hidden cameras watching, Dateline set up some tests to find out.

Everybody knows how much importance we attach to beauty, maybe too much sometimes. But have you ever wondered how different life might be if you were just a little better looking?
    Anthony Bernard and Allison Meiersonne are models. Good looks help them make a living. Both of them know they are lucky -- it's what they were born with. But we wondered if their genetic advantage in the beauty department could be helping them in ways they never imagined?
    For example, would a stranger come to their aid before assisting an average-looking person? Might they be receiving better service from repair people? Do people trust them more, just because they're good looking?

“A person's physical attractiveness -- the look that they're basically born with -- impacts every individual literally from birth to death,” says Dr. Gordon Patzer, dean of the College of Business Administration at Roosevelt University. He's spent 30 years studying and writing about physical attractiveness. “People are valued more who are higher in physical attractiveness. As distasteful at that might be, that's the reality.”
    Valued more? We wondered and decided to find a group of average, nice looking individuals and super, highly attractive people to test this attractiveness phenomenon. We looked for people with similar traits: the same race, no discernible accents, similar age groups. That way the focus would be exclusively on attractiveness.

So we hired models Anthony and Allison, and asked two NBC employees, Loren and another Anthony, to hit the streets, a bank, an auto shop, and even ride the bus, all the time wearing hidden cameras to see just how much looks matter.

First, we gave our foursome folders filled with papers and had them drop the contents on a New York City street. Would anyone stop to help?
    When model Allison drops her file, there seems to be a sudden change in the weather. Is it raining men? A man even uses his cane to stop the pages from flying away.

“It was just amazing how people would flock to me to clean it up,” says Allison. “I have dropped my purse and wallet and people always help me pick it up. But I never really thought about if somebody else dropped their wallet, maybe they wouldn't help them. It just seems strange to me.”
    NBC staffer Loren is about to be that someone else. She drops the papers and people step by, rather than stop. About a dozen people pass by before, finally, a woman offers help.

But that's nothing compared to our other NBC colleague, Anthony. When he drops the folder, the sidewalk literally clears. Even as he spreads out the papers he's supposedly collecting, people just walk on by.
    “I thought, hey I’m dressed in a shirt and a tie,” says Anthony. “I looked pretty professional, so maybe someone may stop and help me out. And people just kept stepping over.”

“I felt embarrassed,” says Loren. “You know wait a second, I think I’m somewhat attractive. Why didn’t anyone help me?”
    Model Anthony wouldn't know how that feels. He drops the folder and immediately an entire family stops to help. We wondered if this was just random chance, or is something else going on? We asked Dr. Patzer about our findings.

“That was a classic example of everything we find in the scholarly research that we do,” says Dr. Patzer. “Those of higher physical attractiveness are automatically or immediately assisted, provided help.”
    And, as we saw with the family helping Anthony, it's not just about appealing to the opposite sex. While our research was not scientific, Dr. Patzer says more controlled studies do show people go out of their way to help attractive people of the same and opposite sex because they want to be liked and accepted by these good looking people.

We watched for this willingness to help when our test subjects stood on the street for five minutes seeming hopelessly lost, not asking anybody for assistance, just waiting to see if any kind soul would notice and stop.
    Our NBC volunteers had no luck, but our super-attractive models were a different story. Allison had lots of helpers. A man even rolled down his car window to offer assistance. And model Anthony? He’ll never be lost.
    Advertise | AdChoices

“I would hold my map and I’d be looking at the map and looking around and

I’d make eye contact with someone and boom, they’d be reeled in,” says Anthony.

“The lady walks past him, comes back, offers a large explanation of the layout of the city, but even does an ultimate trust…and offers the general part of the city in which she lives,” says Dr. Patzer. “So it verifies very well again we trust more those people of higher physical attractiveness.”
    Trust? We watched to see what would happen when our subjects ask passersby for change of a dollar. Everyone did pretty well here, but there were differences, especially when it came to trust.
    Many people did not stop or respond to NBC’s Anthony. But for model Anthony, not only did more people stop, but they seemed to feel Anthony was safer, more honest. Like foreign tourists who weren’t even sure how much change equals a dollar, so they held out their money and let Anthony take the correct amount.

“We had situations where people were going out of their way to try to do stuff for us that other people didn't get,” he says.
    For Allison, even if people couldn't find the change to give her, they would offer helpful suggestions. And she says that people just start conversations with here, something we saw when she and Loren went for a bus ride during rush hour. We wondered if anyone would offer them a seat. While sitting proved not to be an option for either of them that morning, one man, who starts out standing equidistant between Loren and Allison, strikes up a conversation with Allison for the entire bus ride.
    Ive always had my suspicions that good looking people are generally happier, and this is why.
  • 07-04-2012 04:59 PM
    UK_
    No help for the Norwoods then.

Tell you something now, but if that model suddenly went to either NW4567 his life would be turned on its head, no more help in the streets he'd have to get google maps like the rest of us baldies.

:D
  • 07-04-2012 05:16 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    No help for the Norwoods then.

Tell you something now, but if that model suddenly went to either NW4567 his life would be turned on its head, no more help in the streets he'd have to get google maps like the rest of us baldies.

:D

****ing depressing man.

Why can't hairloss be a treatable condition. I wouldn't mind it if I could properly treat it without potentially ****ing my endocrine system up.

God has a way of playing sick jokes on men.
  • 07-04-2012 06:06 PM
    Davey Jones
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    ****ing depressing man.

Why can't hairloss be a treatable condition. I wouldn't mind it if I could properly treat it without potentially ****ing my endocrine system up.

Science works crazy fast now-a-days, man. And hey, now that they found the higgs-boson, maybe the best and brightest can quit dicking around and get back to what matters: MPB.

All that aside, there is a lot of nice stuff going on. I'm giving it until December when Histogen releases it's year-end results. If they aren't good or if one of these new chemicals hasn't done something amazing by then, hey, there is always alcoholism.
  • 07-04-2012 06:15 PM
    25 going on 65
    Yep good-looking people have better lives. And just think, some are born ugly, physically weak/unhealthy, and mentally handicapped.
    There isn't a god but that's alright. If there was one he'd obviously be a sick, twisted piece of garbage more deserving of 7 billion middle fingers than a single word of praise.

Quote:

****ing depressing man.

I don't give a shit about my endocrine system if I could only grow back all my hair.
    There is one side effect that concerned me about taking fin: gyno. Because it looks bad.
    I would give up a kidney to be rid of this problem (hair loss).

PS I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now, nobody should take this post too seriously or be offended by it of they can help it.
  • 07-04-2012 06:16 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    ...hey, there is always alcoholism.

I can always count on you to lift my spirits.
  • 07-04-2012 06:18 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Science works crazy fast now-a-days, man. And hey, now that they found the higgs-boson, maybe the best and brightest can quit dicking around and get back to what matters: MPB.

All that aside, there is a lot of nice stuff going on. I'm giving it until December when Histogen releases it's year-end results. If they aren't good or if one of these new chemicals hasn't done something amazing by then, hey, there is always alcoholism.

May hit the bottle. **** it. Become another delinquent.

With that said, I do have faith in Histogen.

It does make me wonder though, if I didn't have to worry about hairloss, how much more I would get done. Same goes for others.
  • 07-04-2012 06:19 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Yep good-looking people have better lives. And just think, some are born ugly, physically weak/unhealthy, and mentally handicapped.
    There isn't a god but that's alright. If there was one he'd obviously be a sick, twisted piece of garbage more deserving of 7 billion middle fingers than a single word of praise.

I don't give a shit about my endocrine system if I could only grow back all my hair.
    There is one side effect that concerned me about taking fin: gyno. Because it looks bad.
    I would give up a kidney to be rid of this problem (hair loss).

PS I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now, nobody should take this post too seriously or be offended by it of they can help it.

The problem is, what if say Histogen comes out with something decent, and then you want to get off fin, but your whole endocrine system crashes upon giving it up.

What then?
  • 07-04-2012 06:33 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

The problem is, what if say Histogen comes out with something decent, and then you want to get off fin, but your whole endocrine system crashes upon giving it up.

What then?

I have no concerns about that. When I quit fin I will wean off, and if I get persistent sides, I guess I'll say "thanks for the extra 6 years of hair" (guesstimating Histogen's release date) and probably go the route Davey suggests before launching myself in a stolen rocket ship directly into the sun.

But seriously, I understand your concerns, I'm not saying you're going the wrong route. Only you can way the pros and cons for yourself. I just know there's no way in hell I'm living my 20s with everyone noticing my hair loss. For me fin was an easy choice. I've been on it almost 2 years, so if I'm the type to crash hard when I quit, I've already sealed my fate.

Wish me luck, I might need it.
  • 07-04-2012 06:36 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

I have no concerns about that. When I quit fin I will wean off, and if I get persistent sides, I guess I'll say "thanks for the extra 6 years of hair" (guesstimating Histogen's release date) and probably go the route Davey suggests before launching myself in a stolen rocket ship directly into the sun.

But seriously, I understand your concerns, I'm not saying you're going the wrong route. Only you can way the pros and cons for yourself. I just know there's no way in hell I'm living my 20s with everyone noticing my hair loss. For me fin was an easy choice. I've been on it almost 2 years, so if I'm the type to crash hard when I quit, I've already sealed my fate.

Wish me luck, I might need it.

My hairloss is incredibly slow, still very thick hair, just a NW2. I just hope it stays this way.

What were your results on fin?
  • 07-04-2012 07:08 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    People prefer to look at good looking things. That requires some scientific study about people helping people?

They chose a poor city too - one notorious for stuck-uped-ness bent on a 'get ahead' attitude.
  • 07-04-2012 07:24 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    People prefer to look at good looking things. That requires some scientific study about people helping people?

They chose a poor city too - one notorious for stuck-uped-ness bent on a 'get ahead' attitude.

Yes, but imagine how much simpler life would be if you didnt even for a moment think about any of this.

Sums it up:

Quote:

When model Allison drops her file, there seems to be a sudden change in the weather. Is it raining men? A man even uses his cane to stop the pages from flying away.

“It was just amazing how people would flock to me to clean it up,” says Allison. “I have dropped my purse and wallet and people always help me pick it up. But I never really thought about if somebody else dropped their wallet, maybe they wouldn't help them. It just seems strange to me.”
    The THING is, whereever she goes in the world, her life will be good.

What do ugly people do, avoid living in cities where people might be ****s? LOL
  • 07-04-2012 08:17 PM
    ccmethinning
    Quote:

The THING is, whereever she goes in the world, her life will be good.

Until she hits 30, when her looks start declining, and 40 when they start falling off a cliff.

Attractive women have the hardest (inevitable) fall.
  • 07-04-2012 08:25 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Until she hits 30, when her looks start declining, and 40 when they start falling off a cliff.

Not always mate, many turn into MILFs, and unlike young baldies, at least they got to enjoy their 20s, and 30s.

Think about it.
  • 07-04-2012 09:27 PM
    mpb47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post

That is not always true. There are a couple of older women at work that do not look there age.

One is 48 and the other is about 50. The one that is 48 spends $$$ to stay that way, plus she exercises almost every day. The other one exercises 2x a day but doesn't do the sandpaper treatments or anything else like the other one. I would say both look 10+ years younger than they really are.

women probably spend more $$ on aging treatments than we do on hair stuff.

If you are up late at night watch that infomercial with Cindy Crawford pushing that anti-aging cream. The spokes women is valerie bertinelli.
    The whole commercial is people gushing how young Cindy looks. Well Valerie (50's)is close to 10 years older than Cindy(40's) but to me, looks noticeable younger/better.
  • 07-04-2012 09:46 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

****ing depressing man.

If God existed... he wouldnt have designed us to have our reproductive organs in a mish mash with our urinary system.
  • 07-04-2012 09:48 PM
    UK_
    They can augment facial features but not hair lol.

You can just get plastic surgery these days anyway if you're THAT bothered - most people dont care - but hair loss is something different, it takes you from being a normal 25 year old to lookng like a 55 year old loser.:D

...unfortunately... plastic surgery cant help you... nothing can if you get to that stage :D
  • 07-04-2012 11:40 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

My hairloss is incredibly slow, still very thick hair, just a NW2. I just hope it stays this way.

What were your results on fin?

Maintenance of existing hair, thickening of hairs that were miniaturizing, and minor regrowth (mostly in the crown area and a little on top of my scalp). I am a NW2 but I'm a diffuse thinner. I never had a problem with "slick bald" areas, it was that I was diffuse thinning all over the top of my head. My hair took on a more "wispy" quality because of the miniaturization and I hated it.
    It's gotten significantly better, to the point that I can style my hair to look like a NW1, but it's still a far cry from my teenage hair which I now realize was awesome. I can't wear the same styles I used to and I wouldn't feel comfortable going swimming, or out in strong wind.
    Basically I don't live life to the fullest because I don't want anyone noticing that I've lost hair. It sucks. Fin and keto have worked well for me but really I just want my "real" hair back.
  • 07-05-2012 04:35 AM
    ThinningB420
    Looks matter but if you're living on looks you're going to live an unhappy life because eventually they wain. The people who are happiest are those who accept themselves for who they are and do the same for others.
  • 07-05-2012 06:07 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    Looks matter but if you're living on looks you're going to live an unhappy life because eventually they wain. The people who are happiest are those who accept themselves for who they are and do the same for others.

TBH I don't ask for much - all I ask for is that I don't go bald. (without ****ing my body up)

Is that too much to ask God?

Yours,

Yeahyeahyeah
  • 07-05-2012 11:40 AM
    25 going on 65
    Well part of it is that while looks wane eventually, for most people that doesn't start happening before mid to late 30s unless it's by choice (bad habits, lack of self-care, etc.). For some it doesn't even happen until much later--Johnny Depp is like 50 now.
    For those of us who started losing hair in our 20s (or even worse, teens), we HAD to start losing our looks at a time when everyone else is in their physical prime. 25, 20, or 16 is a horrible age to start going through something that you never expected to go through for at least another 10-20 years.

So it's true self-acceptance is a good way to happiness, but it's difficult when you're rushed into that stage years or decades before your peers.
  • 07-05-2012 12:20 PM
    Davey Jones
    I have a theory (more of a hope) that when hairloss is cured, we're all gonna be better people for it. We'll be less judgmental of other people, 'cause we've been judged so harshly. We're going to really understand that we should accept people no matter what they look like. Understand it in a way that you can only understand if you've been there and come back.

But it probably won't work that way. Actually, I'm sure it won't, because I still see people on here saying stuff like, "It sucks that all women care about is looks! Why won't she give me the time of day just because I'm bald! Hell, I'll probably end up with a fat, ugly girl."

We all deserve this. It just sucks that everyone else deserves it too!
  • 07-05-2012 12:47 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

I have a theory (more of a hope) that when hairloss is cured, we're all gonna be better people for it. We'll be less judgmental of other people, 'cause we've been judged so harshly. We're going to really understand that we should accept people no matter what they look like. Understand it in a way that you can only understand if you've been there and come back.

But it probably won't work that way. Actually, I'm sure it won't, because I still see people on here saying stuff like, "It sucks that all women care about is looks! Why won't she give me the time of day just because I'm bald! Hell, I'll probably end up with a fat, ugly girl."

We all deserve this. It just sucks that everyone else deserves it too!

Even they are picky mate.

With that said, as much as we bitch about people not giving us the time and the day. We are just as shallow for discriminating against fat, ugly girls, they need love too. :eek:

Rather, the real problem with hairloss, is that it strips our identity away, I never did once ever see myself as a bald man. Screw that shit.
  • 07-05-2012 03:12 PM
    ThinningB420
    Quote:

Well part of it is that while looks wane eventually, for most people that doesn't start happening before mid to late 30s unless it's by choice (bad habits, lack of self-care, etc.). For some it doesn't even happen until much later--Johnny Depp is like 50 now.
    For those of us who started losing hair in our 20s (or even worse, teens), we HAD to start losing our looks at a time when everyone else is in their physical prime. 25, 20, or 16 is a horrible age to start going through something that you never expected to go through for at least another 10-20 years.

So it's true self-acceptance is a good way to happiness, but it's difficult when you're rushed into that stage years or decades before your peers.

I agree with what you said. I don't mind balding if I were ten years older. At that age it would seem normal. I don't think my looks are terrible as a result of balding. I think I look abnormal for my age.
  • 07-07-2012 06:03 AM
    NotBelievingIt
    someone being ugly is well, just ugh.

But a bunch of fat girls would turn hot if they lost weight and toned up.

Take a look at some of the Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition gals.
  • 07-07-2012 11:57 AM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Here in the USA most people are overweight or obese (or "morbidly obese," "super obese," whatever the categories are). I often see overweight women who I can tell would be very good looking when they get into shape.
    I wish it was like that for MPB. "Oh, that guy will look great once he gets around to regrowing his hair." :rolleyes:
  • 07-07-2012 07:39 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDd...eature=related
  • 07-09-2012 04:21 PM
    NotBelievingIt
  • 07-09-2012 06:43 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Here in the USA most people are overweight or obese (or "morbidly obese," "super obese," whatever the categories are). I often see overweight women who I can tell would be very good looking when they get into shape.
    I wish it was like that for MPB. "Oh, that guy will look great once he gets around to regrowing his hair." :rolleyes:

Bro, that's what really frustrates me more than anything. Overweight people have a chance to improve their situation and looks by exercising and getting on a healthy diet. But with MPB, there is no solution. That's why I would give anything to be overweight as opposed to suffering from hair loss. At least if a person is overweight, the opportunity is out there to lose a ton of weight. But a person with hair loss is really screwed when it comes to effective options out there. That being said, I will concede the Propecia does help to slow down hair loss (sometimes drastically). But in terms of hair regrowth, the options are downright laughable.

Anyway, you are right about more people being obese or overweight here in the U.S. more than anywhere else in the world. And I really do believe that the pharmaceutical companies and other entities literally make a fortune from providing people with drugs to treat a variety of things. Meanwhile, if these people adopted a healthy diet and exercised regularly, then I believe that they wouldn't even need a lot of these drugs to treat their specific conditions. I even remember Spencer saying that he had some type of infection (or some other kind of ailment) and the doctor wanted to put him on some type of drug for it. Yet Spencer refused to get on this drug and instead changed his diet dramatically and maybe made a few other changes to his lifestyle. As a result, I think he said that he felt 80% better, or that the infection or ailment was 80% removed from his body or something like that, on his radio show. The action that Spencer took actually inspired me to change my own diet and lifestyle recently. I eliminated lots of junk food and started running again. As a result, I think that my hair texture and volume is a lot better as well as my overall health. I really think that in today's society, we have crappy food marketed to us left and right and as a result of bad diets and habits, some people develop various ailments and then have drugs prescribed to them to treat said ailments. Whereas I believe that if people just improved their diets and lifestyles, then their ailments would be gone or the symptoms severely reduced without the need for prescription drugs. Man, I really wish this applied more to hair loss.
  • 07-09-2012 08:38 PM
    mpb47
    Quote:

If you want it to stay off, you have to do only things that are doable over the long term. Eat less, but don't starve yourself. Only do exercises you like ..that way you will stay with it and not give up.

That poor guy should have asked for help. That is stress eating, been there done that.
  • 07-10-2012 10:58 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Bro, that's what really frustrates me more than anything. Overweight people have a chance to improve their situation and looks by exercising and getting on a healthy diet. But with MPB, there is no solution. That's why I would give anything to be overweight as opposed to suffering from hair loss. At least if a person is overweight, the opportunity is out there to lose a ton of weight. But a person with hair loss is really screwed when it comes to effective options out there.

Yes, that's one of the hardest things to accept about MPB: the loss of control. MPB happens through no fault of your own, and there's nothing you can do about it. No amount of hard work, money, dieting, exercise, physical therapy, surgery, medical treatment, good behavior, or anything else will restore the head of hair you once had.

I would bet, though, that some chronically obese people hold the feeling that hair loss sufferers have it easy in comparison to them, because in their minds hair loss sufferers can wear hairpieces, while there's nothing obese people can do to disguise their weight.
  • 07-10-2012 11:34 AM
    UK_
    **** hair loss.
  • 07-10-2012 12:18 PM
    25 going on 65
    I agree the lack of control with MPB is maddening. I could be a billionaire and it would make no difference in my options.

However I'm not judgmental of overweight people anymore. There's no way to know what difficulties and tragedies these strangers face every day. Most people in modern society are self-medicating in some form, with food, drugs, alcohol, TV, risky sex etc etc. Food is just the one that makes itself most obvious in someone's appearance.
    In the worst of my depression (after noticing hair loss) I was abusing liquor and cannabis for awhile. To the casual observer I probably might have seemed like some selfish degenerate, but actually I was just dying inside and desperate for a quick fix to give me some relief from it
  • 08-12-2012 11:26 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

****ing depressing man.

First thing you need to realize is that theres no such thing as god.
  • 08-12-2012 11:42 PM
    hellouser
    I think its important to note though..... that all the women we ever slept with, dated, made friends with.... they never gave us the time of day because we had hair.

As much as it sucks ass to be a balding man and still have standards, I really think women are less picky than men. The most attractive girl I know (think Eva Mendes) basically only dates guys with a shaved head or baldies. Its never just the hair, women (and people that are worthwhile in general) are interested in far more than just our head of hair (or lack of).

The other thing is, being bald isnt always a negative.... the top of my head has been thinning for a few years now after my harline has receded, but I've gotten an urge to just shave it all off and see what I'd look like. You guys are forgetting that bald doesnt mean ugly; Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Andre Agassi and a boat load of other guys look BETTER bald than with hair. Two close friends of mine with almost no hair score THE MOST of any of my friends, more so than even some of my attractive looking guy friends. And neither of the two bald/balding friends of mine are anything like the celebrities I mentioned.

Imagine that.... scoring more with the ladies when bald than before with hair?

Like I said, it was never the hair that made us so attractive to the ladies... its much more than that.
  • 08-13-2012 06:54 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think its important to note though..... that all the women we ever slept with, dated, made friends with.... they never gave us the time of day because we had hair.

As much as it sucks ass to be a balding man and still have standards, I really think women are less picky than men. The most attractive girl I know (think Eva Mendes) basically only dates guys with a shaved head or baldies. Its never just the hair, women (and people that are worthwhile in general) are interested in far more than just our head of hair (or lack of).

The other thing is, being bald isnt always a negative.... the top of my head has been thinning for a few years now after my harline has receded, but I've gotten an urge to just shave it all off and see what I'd look like. You guys are forgetting that bald doesnt mean ugly; Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Andre Agassi and a boat load of other guys look BETTER bald than with hair. Two close friends of mine with almost no hair score THE MOST of any of my friends, more so than even some of my attractive looking guy friends. And neither of the two bald/balding friends of mine are anything like the celebrities I mentioned.

Imagine that.... scoring more with the ladies when bald than before with hair?

Like I said, it was never the hair that made us so attractive to the ladies... its much more than that.

Download an iphone app called baldify.

And you will see for yourself how you look bald.
  • 08-13-2012 09:10 AM
    NotBelievingIt
    I wouldn't say Willis looks better completely shaven/bald - he just looks different. It helps as it thinned down he kept getting it cut shorter and shorter so the change wasn't a drastic visual shift.

He holds it well. He has a great shape and isn't skinny fat.
  • 08-13-2012 05:29 PM
    beatinghairloss
    Lifes always worth living. There may not be a god in the context you are used to hearing it from the bible or koran. However I use reason based on the belief that he complexity of the cells in a leaf let alone all the organisms on the planet clearly support an intelligent designer. It’s a belief that uses this really cool analogy and truthfully they refute all religious claims of saviors or prophets. They more or less believe the motions that created earth must have been created by something due to the complexity of earth. They say this, If you found a watch in the middle of a dense forest and I asked you how old it was. You may be able to narrow it down within a decade or so but if I told you it was a million years old you would call me crazy. Why? Because a human had to have created it due to the complexity of it. No animal or natural process could have done it by mere chance. Well the earth’s complexity is far greater than that which really makes you wonder what created us. What that designer is I have no clue, does that designer intervene? I have had no spiritual intervention? Does an intelligent designer exist? I think so.
  • 08-13-2012 07:47 PM
    NeedHairASAP
    Quote:

I agree the lack of control with MPB is maddening. I could be a billionaire and it would make no difference in my options.

However I'm not judgmental of overweight people anymore. There's no way to know what difficulties and tragedies these strangers face every day. Most people in modern society are self-medicating in some form, with food, drugs, alcohol, TV, risky sex etc etc. Food is just the one that makes itself most obvious in someone's appearance.
    In the worst of my depression (after noticing hair loss) I was abusing liquor and cannabis for awhile. To the casual observer I probably might have seemed like some selfish degenerate, but actually I was just dying inside and desperate for a quick fix to give me some relief from it

I use to crack jokes at EVERYONE, even bald people... then low and behold. Only so many years later, I am much more humble.
  • 08-13-2012 07:48 PM
    NeedHairASAP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Lifes always worth living. There may not be a god in the context you are used to hearing it from the bible or koran. However I use reason based on the belief that he complexity of the cells in a leaf let alone all the organisms on the planet clearly support an intelligent designer. It’s a belief that uses this really cool analogy and truthfully they refute all religious claims of saviors or prophets. They more or less believe the motions that created earth must have been created by something due to the complexity of earth. They say this, If you found a watch in the middle of a dense forest and I asked you how old it was. You may be able to narrow it down within a decade or so but if I told you it was a million years old you would call me crazy. Why? Because a human had to have created it due to the complexity of it. No animal or natural process could have done it by mere chance. Well the earth’s complexity is far greater than that which really makes you wonder what created us. What that designer is I have no clue, does that designer intervene? I have had no spiritual intervention? Does an intelligent designer exist? I think so.

spinoza

Einstein liked him

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:16 AM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM