X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairlossAt15
    • May 2013

Cotsarelis Presentation - PGD2 inhibition was reversed with blocker

In the recent video uploaded from WCHR :

Presented at the 8th World Congress for Hair Research (2014) in Jeju Island, South Korea.Abstract Summary:We originally localised hair follicle stem cells to...

Starting from 19:40 to about 20:10 Cotsarelis says (with photo evidence) they were able to reverse the inhibition from pgd2 with a blocker. Im pretty sure this was human hair as well. I think this is very exciting, I wonder why they havent mentioned this more often? Perhaps they only tested it on to small amount of cases, and that wasn't enough evidence to publish it, or they could be holding back information for competitive reasons.

In other words a PGD2 blocker - with a good delivery into the right area of the follicle (he mentions were this is) should be able to reverse the effect of pgd2. That should give some serious growth but noone knows just how much, we will just have to be patient.

Keep the faith guys!
  • moore
    • Jun 2012

That's very interesting. I truly think this is the kind on technical informations we need.

Just one doubt.

From what I heard, PgDS elongated the anagen phase, while PgD2 shortened it (19:35).

No mention about:

whether PgDS could revert miniaturization

whether PgDS is the same agent which enlarges the hair follicles on the head of a toddler through his first years of life and brings the transition from lanugo hair to terminal hair

whether PgDS could revert the fibrosis commonly associated with miniaturization in AGA, or even better: if the fibrosis is just a consequence of miniaturiaztion, that is, enlarging the follicle again the fibrosis automatically disappears (not likely I think, but glad to hear any contribution)

Thanks to you all!!

Comment

• HairlossAt15
      • May 2013

Originally posted by moore
      That's very interesting. I truly think this is the kind on technical informations we need.

Just one doubt.

From what I heard, PgDS elongated the anagen phase, while PgD2 shortened it (19:35).

No mention about:

whether PgDS could revert miniaturization

whether PgDS is the same agent which enlarges the hair follicles on the head of a toddler through his first years of life and brings the transition from lanugo hair to terminal hair

whether PgDS could revert the fibrosis commonly associated with miniaturization in AGA, or even better: if the fibrosis is just a consequence of miniaturiaztion, that is, enlarging the follicle again the fibrosis automatically disappears (not likely I think, but glad to hear any contribution)

Thanks to you all!!
      Thanks for reply, I think they are not sure if a pgd2 blocker can revert minuaristiesed hairs fully. But this is the first proof that they can reverse the effects of pgd2 using a blocker. I think the process of hair formation early on in life is different and not relevant here, but im not sure.

Comment

• HairlossAt15
        • May 2013

Bump, has everyone watched the part of the video where this is shown? This is exactly what we were looking for. Hard evidence of regrowth of hairs after miniaturisation.

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

Interesting enough but is there something we can get now that causes PGD2 inhibition?

how close would a product like this be to launching!?

Comment

• HairlossAt15
            • May 2013

Originally posted by rdawg
            how close would a product like this be to launching!?
            Thats a question we should of got Desmond to ask Cotsarelis .

Comment

• beetee
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
              In the recent video uploaded from WCHR :

Presented at the 8th World Congress for Hair Research (2014) in Jeju Island, South Korea.Abstract Summary:We originally localised hair follicle stem cells to...

Starting from 19:40 to about 20:10 Cotsarelis says (with photo evidence) they were able to reverse the inhibition from pgd2 with a blocker. Im pretty sure this was human hair as well. I think this is very exciting, I wonder why they havent mentioned this more often? Perhaps they only tested it on to small amount of cases, and that wasn't enough evidence to publish it, or they could be holding back information for competitive reasons.

In other words a PGD2 blocker - with a good delivery into the right area of the follicle (he mentions were this is) should be able to reverse the effect of pgd2. That should give some serious growth but noone knows just how much, we will just have to be patient.

Keep the faith guys!
              Good job picking up on this part and highlighting its potential significance. Still a little hard to tell what the deal is with just this little part, but unless he made a mistake in the words he chose it certainly seems to indicate that by blocking PGD2 it reversed the effects and that they actually saw this in human subjects, which does seem quite significant. He also seemed pretty interested and excited by the idea of following up on this with those existing drugs, which is also really good.

I'm going to have to review Desmond's postings about his conference conversation with Cotsarelis, weren't they saying he was really pessimistic? That doesn't seem to be the case from this clip.

Comment

• bradpitthair
                • Jun 2014

OC459 is a PGD2 inhibitor

High levels of PGD2 present in asthma patients, so a plausible solution here is to inhibit PGD2, which is what Atopix therapeutics has done with OC459. The results are here:

High levels of PGD2 present in MPB on the scalp

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by bradpitthair
                  OC459 is a PGD2 inhibitor

High levels of PGD2 present in asthma patients, so a plausible solution here is to inhibit PGD2, which is what Atopix therapeutics has done with OC459. The results are here:

High levels of PGD2 present in MPB on the scalp
                  Oh wow they have completed phase 3 trials? I wonder if Cotsarelis knows about this.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Oh wow they have completed phase 3 trials? I wonder if Cotsarelis knows about this.
                    Oh, he knows.

Comment

• 97nasa
                      • Dec 2014

Skin Peturbation PLUS Ruxolitinib is the key. He is trying to reinvent Ruxoltinib.

Thats a question we should of got Desmond to ask Cotsarelis .

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 97nasa
                        Skin Peturbation PLUS Ruxolitinib is the key. He is trying to reinvent Ruxoltinib.
                        A cure is years off. A more effective and safe topical treatment is around the corner.

Comment

• 97nasa
                          • Dec 2014

And what would that be?

Rux plus skin perturbation could be tested right now by follica but they are trying to reinvent the wheel, as Rux works on new skin.

All is my opinion-

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                          A cure is years off. A more effective and safe topical treatment is around the corner.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 97nasa
                            And what would that be?

Rux plus skin perturbation could be tested right now by follica but they are trying to reinvent the wheel, as Rux works on new skin.

All is my opinion-
                            Testosterone is necessary for the development of male pattern baldness, known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA); yet, the mechanisms for decreased hair growth in this disorder are unclear. We show that prostaglandin D(2) synthase (PTGDS) is elevated at the mRNA and protein levels in bald scalp compared …

A topical formulation that inhibits the main culprit behind MPB - PGD2. We can look forward to this before a "cure" is available.

Comment

• 97nasa
                              • Dec 2014

Very interesting. Hey I do not care to be right just to have a treatment available whatever it is that restores ALL hair for everyone.

Do not want to bore others again it just seems as if the cure I suggested should work. I hope they rigorously pursue EVERYTHING I just want anything that really, really works and ASAP.

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22440736

A topical formulation that inhibits the main culprit behind MPB - PGD2. We can look forward to this before a "cure" is available.

Comment

Working...