Why say it

Printable View

• 01-22-2013 10:41 AM
    Misery
    Why say it
    hair loss expert Dr Marcovici

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/hair-l...161309178.html

If the statement is true, then what is the point of him, Shouldn't he be talking about Propecia and Regaine, all be it not growing new follicles, but they may still be live after hair fall out?

Once it’s gone its gone – is it true you can’t grow new follicles?

This is true, I’m afraid. The best you can do is try to prevent losing more. But it's not the whole story. In the next ten to fifteen years, it is almost a certainty that stem cell research will lead experts to grow hair follicles in a lab and then used to boost the thinning scalp. It’s an exciting time, but it’s not quite here yet!
  • 01-22-2013 11:55 AM
    Exodus
    I was gonna post the same article! Although my comments were directed at the comments below the article...
  • 01-23-2013 04:17 AM
    Misery
    You'd like to think someone in his position would be just a little bit more encouraging wouldn't you?
  • 01-23-2013 08:13 AM
    Morbo
    Why bother about something that 'might' come earliest in 10-15 years? By then even the 20 something's among us will be hitting our 40's with a horseshoe on on our head.
    Don't get me wrong; I'll be ecstatic if the day ever comes that I'll look in the mirror and have a full head of hair. But the past few months I came to the conclusion that my biggest fear is that if that moment ever comes, I'll only see a slightly younger-looking old guy and look back in regret about wasting my actual young years.
  • 01-23-2013 03:01 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Why bother about something that 'might' come earliest in 10-15 years? By then even the 20 something's among us will be hitting our 40's with a horseshoe on on our head.
    Don't get me wrong; I'll be ecstatic if the day ever comes that I'll look in the mirror and have a full head of hair. But the past few months I came to the conclusion that my biggest fear is that if that moment ever comes, I'll only see a slightly younger-looking old guy and look back in regret about wasting my actual young years.

Exactly. Let's live in the present. If you're genuinely interested in hairloss research, power to ya - I personally find it moderately interesting - but, holding your breath and crossing your fingers about a treatment a decade and a half out is silly. Not only that, but imagine how expensive a brand new treatment is going to be. Forking over the amount people do for HTs still blows my mind.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My FUE Into FUT Scar Result Revealed After 5 Years
Today 10:10 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Today 10:10 AM
2 operations with Asmed, Dr. Erdogan - 2007 and 2016
10-06-2020 10:53 AM
Last Post By sicore8826
04-12-2024 02:41 PM
How do you make a truck sound like a train horn?
09-13-2023 09:58 PM
by Bial
Last Post By frasheron
04-12-2024 06:02 AM
Dr. Glenn Charles FUT
04-10-2024 07:36 AM
Last Post By Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2024 07:36 AM