• 03-10-2012 09:37 PM
    mfc
    Hey all, I began Propecia in 1999 after trying a topical that my Dr had made at an independent pharmacy, i guess it must have contained Minoxidil? I believe the Propecia has slowed my loss dramatically, also my hair has become thicker. I have not had regrowth (I don't believe) in hairline though. My hair overall is pretty thick though. I have had seborrheic dermatitis off and on over the years. I've had it continuously for over a year and finally went to Dr recently after trying every remedy out there. He told me to use Neutrogena T-SAL and it has helped, I also added Nizoral 1%. He told me to wash my hair everyday with the T-SAL. I use the Nizoral twice a week. I don't use conditioner at the moment. I also use a spray called Clobex. I have been doing this for about 2-4 weeks. My Dr. told me that using anything in addition to Propecia would be "overkill." I have many questions for people out there. Does anyone recommend the shampoos: Regenepure (Ketoconazole), Nisim, Kevis, DS, Aveda Invati... I have used Nioxin on and off for 14 years but I will not go back to it because it is drying and has SLS and parabens which MAY be harmful, however nizoral has SLS. What advice can ya'll give me? Do you think I should increase my usage of Nizoral? Also I still have a bit of scales on my scalp, is it best to scrub vigorously when washing? I am always afraid to and scrub light - moderately. It seems that I lose none to very little when washing now, however I am washing everyday now whereas before I wasn't. I was taking 5 mg Biotin for about 5 months but stopped about 4 weeks ago. Does anyone recommend any supplement? Also what about taking generic (finasteride) versus Propecia? I have also read that washing your hair for a few minutes in cold water will stimulate scalp, I have done this for many years however I am not sure if it is beneficial? Well, I won't ask anymore questions for now. I hope to hear from you! Thanks very much!! xx

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM