• 05-25-2009 07:57 PM
    strong
    I'm almost 2 month post-op and I'm seeing alot of vellus hair growing in...
    Hi to all,

I'm almost 2 month post-op. I had my hairline filled in with FUE. I had alot of vellus hair on my temples and hairline where I had my grafts transplanted. I thought that those vellus hair were going to be lost & be replaced with my new transplanted hair. Right now I see alot of vellus hair growing in. I would like to know if this could be my HT hair growing in early or could this be my vellus hair regrowing back? I ask because I thought the transplanted hair starts to grow back in 3 month. I guess this is a good sign, If these are my transplanted hair growing in so early.:cool: Thanks in advanced.
  • 06-09-2009 08:01 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    It would be really hard to determine if these new hairs that you are seeing are the newly transplanted hairs versus some the shocked hairs coming back. I would lean towards the latter. As you mentioned it usually takes 3-4 months before the transplanted hairs start to grow. Often original hairs that fall out due to post-op shock start to grow just a little sooner than the transplanted hairs.
  • 06-12-2009 01:26 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by strong View Post
    Hi to all,

I'm almost 2 month post-op. I had my hairline filled in with FUE. I had alot of vellus hair on my temples and hairline where I had my grafts transplanted. I thought that those vellus hair were going to be lost & be replaced with my new transplanted hair. Right now I see alot of vellus hair growing in. I would like to know if this could be my HT hair growing in early or could this be my vellus hair regrowing back? I ask because I thought the transplanted hair starts to grow back in 3 month. I guess this is a good sign, If these are my transplanted hair growing in so early.:cool: Thanks in advanced.

Strong,

You should be starting to see the new transplants coming in any day now!
  • 06-13-2009 07:57 PM
    strong
    Dr. charles, My hair was shaved but I didn't experience any noticible shockloss. THat's why I'm a bit confuse if the hair growing in are my native hair or HT hair because I thought those vellus hair in the area I had my HT were going to be lost. I'm sure that I have experience some HT hair growing in because I'm seeing too many vellus hair growing in. I had thin hairs but not as many. most of the hair growing in are somewhat thin & some are thick. I guess I just have to wait & see when I have 3 to 4 months. but regardless I'm excited because I didn't experience any shockloss & I'm almost certain some HT hair are growing in. Gillenator I'm excited to see those hair grow in. Thanks for the replies.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

DR HAKAN DOGANAY/ 2000 GRAFTS / Implanter Pen+FUE
Yesterday 04:24 PM
Last Post By Hakan Doganay, MD
Yesterday 04:24 PM
"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
04-26-2024 10:32 PM