• 06-17-2013 12:20 AM
    slickster
    Tea tree oil and pimples/spots
    Hi. I'm 3 half weeks post op and was wondering if its ok to use tea tree oil on the odd pimples I have had appear in the last week or so?(currently have 3)

As I wana be cautious and don't want to damage anything and know you guys have buckets of knowledge and experience on this forum.

Thanks
  • 06-17-2013 06:13 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Hi. I'm 3 half weeks post op and was wondering if its ok to use tea tree oil on the odd pimples I have had appear in the last week or so?(currently have 3)

As I wana be cautious and don't want to damage anything and know you guys have buckets of knowledge and experience on this forum.

Thanks

I usually get the pimples later after hair transplant surgery. I doubt tea tree oil will harm your grafts, but I suggest you ask your doctor just to be safe.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
  • 06-17-2013 05:08 PM
    Kojak
    Let me begin by saying I am not a doctor, however, having just had a FUT procedure done I can tell you that my doctor gave me instructions stating that if any pimples form to apply a warm moist soak and antibiotic ointment several times a day for 3 days. If the pimples have not gone away by then you should contact the doctor who did your transplant.
  • 06-18-2013 04:57 AM
    Spex
    I concur with Kojak.:cool:
  • 06-18-2013 05:11 AM
    slickster
    Hi thanks for the response as I live in the uk does anyone know if you need a prescription for an antibiotic ointment if I have to get one( I will consult with my doc first)

I have about 4-5 spots no ***** head etc just like red inflamed small pimple/boil is this classed as folliculitis?

Is pure tea tree oil ok to dab on as spexhas hinted on the pre and post op helpfull notes?

Is it ok to use daily aloe vera with a touch of tea tee oil as can buy that combined in agel for may help both the pimples and the redness? (Anyone used this) what do you guys think? Can it do any harm?

Thanks
  • 06-18-2013 02:17 PM
    gillenator
    Another poster said that he is using pure coconut oil.

I also advise that you run any of these ideas past your surgeon. ;)
  • 06-18-2013 03:00 PM
    slickster
    Thanks I will try and call the clinic Tom.

If anyone else can shed any light on safety of using tea tree oil on the spots? Surely some people have used this as an antiseptic to reduce inflammation on the troubled area/pimple?
  • 12-02-2022 07:27 AM
    markeruo21
    Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal and anti-bacterial. It may also help reduce the appearance of acne from the inside out I use Wichita Falls Tree Service for my trees. It's not a cure for cystic acne, but it can help to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. For acne, a typical dose is three to five drops of tea tree oil in a capsule.
  • 12-09-2022 09:47 PM
    felixten
    Tea tree oil is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an ideal ingredient for treating pimples and spots. cbd for heart disease When applied topically, tea tree oil can help reduce the size and redness of pimples and spots. It can also help to dry out excess oil and sebum, which can help to prevent future breakouts.
  • 02-20-2023 04:49 AM
    herryswann
    If a tea tree does become overgrown or has dead branches or limbs, it will still benefit from some light pruning and shaping. This kind of maintenance is best handled by a professional arborist or tree removal peoria Illinois services to ensure that any pruning is done correctly. Regular inspections of your tea tree can help you catch any potential problems with it before they get too serious, such as dead wood that needs to be removed or structural issues that need addressing.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Which is the best Salesforce institutes in Hyderabad?
03-17-2024 09:59 AM
Last Post By palashmim2022
03-17-2024 09:59 AM
The Resveratrol microneedling process study - enroll now
04-11-2022 02:38 AM
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 05:43 AM
What wedding packages are offered in Tbilisi?
01-27-2024 04:13 AM
by Jiromen
Last Post By Henryclark
03-16-2024 03:12 AM
Tour Operator's Treasures in Bangladesh
09-28-2023 06:48 AM
by davidm
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 12:49 AM