• 05-14-2011 09:46 AM
    barry77
    As a piece wearer from the ages of 22 to 31 I can try and answer this one:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    2. If you're with a woman and getting intimate, is it easy for her to detect?

Even if it were hard to detect, how much could you relax if she was attempting to run her fingers through your hair?

There's always the chance she could catch the edge of the lace with her nails which you would react to. If she's particularly passionate she could damage it or even pull it off.

In order to really make having sex a reality is to tell her that you don't like your hair touched which she may think is a little weird.

Alternatively you could remove the wig but I suppose then sex would be out of the question.
  • 05-20-2011 07:55 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Thanks for the response Barry, just one more thing: does a hair piece tend to come loose when you sweat?
  • 05-21-2011 02:36 PM
    Weedwacker
    Quote:

Hey Weedwhacker, I have 3 questions about hairpieces:

1. Does wearing a hairpiece destroy the hair that should be growing underneath the glue that holds the piece onto your head?

2. If you're with a woman and getting intimate, is it easy for her to detect?

3. How easy is it for a hairpiece to get loose and slip when you're sweating while working out?

I did not suffer any permanent damage to the hair that grew under the hairpiece glue. I went to a 'hair studio', and they buzzed the hair off and then glued the unit to my head. I don't know if the glue can damage the hair, though.

Your second question is where this gets complicated. If the piece is securely attached, it would be possible for her to run her hands through it and not notice. I, however, would not have dated unless the woman knew. Personally, I became paranoid about people noticing and didn't want to bother with it anymore. The fine lace systems look better than the full pieces I wore. The technology is better now.

It depends on the method of attachment. If it is glued on every couple weeks, the chances of it falling off are almost nothing. That was my experience, anyway. If it is taped on, the chances of it falling off are greater. One of the reasons I quit boxing was because I was wearing a headpiece while sparring at the gym (getting punched in the head loosened the wig). Many clinics will tell you to come in and get it glued on once per month; this is nonsense because the glue gets loose after sweating and natural moisture. I would say every 2-3 weeks.
  • 05-22-2011 04:46 AM
    barry77
    Quote:

Thanks for the response Barry, just one more thing: does a hair piece tend to come loose when you sweat?

In my experience using tape I'd say 'no' so long as the tape was applied when your scalp was completely dry. There's some debate over this but I found the only way to remove a tape attached lace wig is to use isopropyl alcohol or solvents like desolveit.

Glued (bonded) pieces are more likely to come loose though sweat and hair growth.
  • 05-22-2011 10:14 AM
    dgman21
    depressed,
    Thats exactly why I wouldn't consider a hair piece cause of the answer to your 3 q's. It can destroy some native hairs, women lovge to play with hair(esp when intimate,and the wind and rain)
  • 09-28-2012 03:19 PM
    ScottNM
    Why doesnt a woman care about you realizing her nails are fake, eyelashes, hair color, lip color etc? It seems they have all the confidence in the world even knowing you realize those things are not really her? I am just saying why can you not have confidence even knowing that some will know? Seems like a double standard. Joke about it even. If someone mocks me and tells me "why are u wearing a wig" I will say "so I wont look as ugly as you"
  • 02-04-2013 06:47 AM
    baldy1990
    i dont if it's confidence or insecurity.Nowdays wig is not a choice and nobody likes fake hair.
  • 02-04-2013 07:14 AM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    i dont if it's confidence or insecurity.Nowdays wig is not a choice and nobody likes fake hair.

Even though you're bumping super old threads, I'll concur. Give me a shiny NW7 before a rug or a wispy comb-over any day.
  • 02-04-2013 07:16 AM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by barry77 View Post
    As a piece wearer from the ages of 22 to 31 I can try and answer this one:

Even if it were hard to detect, how much could you relax if she was attempting to run her fingers through your hair?

There's always the chance she could catch the edge of the lace with her nails which you would react to. If she's particularly passionate she could damage it or even pull it off.

In order to really make having sex a reality is to tell her that you don't like your hair touched which she may think is a little weird.

Alternatively you could remove the wig but I suppose then sex would be out of the question.

Yeah, well this just re-affirmed everything I thought of wearing toupees. I literally cringed reading this scenario.
  • 02-04-2013 07:24 AM
    baldy1990
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Even though you're bumping super old threads, I'll concur. Give me a shiny NW7 before a rug or a wispy comb-over any day.

what's wrong with bumping old threads

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212