Nioxin

Printable View

• 01-15-2013 04:01 PM
    concernedand33
    Nioxin
    I ordered the system. How do I use it?

I use the shampoo, then the conditioner in the shower, leaving each on my head for a minute.

Then afterwards, I dry my hair, then use the hair booster & scalp therapy conditioner.

The problem is, my hair thinning is on the crown of my head and the hair booster and scalp therapy conditioner just gets on my hair with only a bit getting through to the scalp. Is this normal? Any application suggestions?
  • 01-15-2013 07:40 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by concernedand33 View Post
    I ordered the system. How do I use it?

It does not matter. Nioxin does absolutely nothing to treat hereditary hair loss.

The two FDA approved medications that are proven to work for treating hereditary hair loss in males are Propecia and Rogaine.
  • 01-15-2013 07:47 PM
    Ktownmatti
    My gf bought me some for Christmas which I figured was useless for hair loss (but was still gracious when I opened it;)). I use propecia and nizoral, but after reading that nioxin could be useful for reducing scalp inflammation, I'm wondering if it might have an ancillary benefit to using the big 3.

Thoughts?
  • 01-15-2013 11:27 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    I'm wondering if it might have an ancillary benefit to using the big 3.

Possibly - but so would any sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.

Nioxin is grossly over priced and even more grossly over hyped. It does absolutely nothing for hereditary hair loss at all. It is a major scam that many salons and their clients have fallen for - and continue to fall for.
  • 01-16-2013 01:16 AM
    akai
    I had an ex-gf that was a hair stylist at a really nice salon so I got to try a lot of expensive hair products I otherwise would not have bought. I didn't try Nioxin, but I did get to use Aveda's Invati System, which is geared towards thinning hair. It goes for over $100 :eek: for three 6 to 7 ounce bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and a scalp treatment. First off, I would never pay that much money for shampoo, lol. It did make my hair look and feel great. It also added a nice volumizing effect which made my hair appear a bit fuller. Probably one of the best shampoos I've ever used and it has some great ingredients (which you should expect for the price). However, these "systems" are not going to stop you from losing hair or cause you to regrow hair. Personally I would just stick to an affordable non-sls shampoo/conditioner plus a ketoconazole shampoo. For the scalp treatment just put it up to your scalp, spray, massage it in, and let it dry.
  • 01-16-2013 06:15 AM
    concernedand33
    I know it doesn't stop hair loss, but it does make your hair look fuller. That said, what are the cheaper alternatives that will do the same thing?
  • 01-16-2013 01:51 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

That said, what are the cheaper alternatives that will do the same thing?

Just make sure the shampoo and conditioner you choose are sulfate free. The brand does not matter so much.
  • 01-16-2013 01:57 PM
    dex89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    My gf bought me some for Christmas which I figured was useless for hair loss (but was still gracious when I opened it;)). I use propecia and nizoral, but after reading that nioxin could be useful for reducing scalp inflammation, I'm wondering if it might have an ancillary benefit to using the big 3.

Thoughts?

+1 for having a caring gf that supports your fight against hair loss, lucky lil devil you!:D
  • 01-17-2013 06:19 AM
    concernedand33
    What about the non shampoo treatments? The hair restorer and leave in conditioner?

I have this: http://nioxin.com/en-US/products/sys...e.aspx?sid=160

and then I also use the "hair booster" which is supposed to be vitamins and such.

I don't know what the "scalp treatment" is, ingredient wise. Its a foam you leave in your hair though.
  • 01-17-2013 11:21 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

What about the non shampoo treatments? The hair restorer and leave in conditioner?

None of the products that Nioxin offers do anything to treat hereditary hair loss.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Misinformation Online - The Bald Truth, Friday April 19th, 2024
Yesterday 02:36 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 02:36 PM
purchase requisition in business central
12-19-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post By David9232
Yesterday 11:39 AM