• 01-23-2012 02:03 PM
    doesitwork
    It took five months for me
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmanns View Post
    Toco 8 is definitely potent, watch how fast a shaven beard grows back. You'll see it the first week you're on it

I'll say give it about 3 months for you see real hair growth on your scalp, before then you'll see little fuzz hairs growing

I noticed it in five months. I'd say don't give up the ship in three months. At five not only me but friends noticed it, too.
  • 01-23-2012 02:56 PM
    how come so many newly registered users report good results, when everyone else says that it's useless :confused:
  • 01-23-2012 03:20 PM
    Morbo
    Take a wild guess. :D
  • 01-23-2012 04:25 PM
    KeepHoping
    How much of the Toco-sorb do you guys take a day?
  • 01-23-2012 05:02 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post

toco-sorb and toco-8 are very different...
  • 01-23-2012 10:59 PM
    KeepHoping
    Let me rephrase that, anyone that takes toco-sorb, can you please tell me how much you take a day. Thank you.
  • 01-23-2012 11:22 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    how come so many newly registered users report good results, when everyone else says that it's useless :confused:

Hmmm...why. Maybe because the "so many newly registered users" are the same person. Come on. Does it really need to be answered. You see, every now and then we get a crook who tries to make a quick buck by promoting some snake oil. He comes to this forum and similar others and makes like 20 different screen names and makes up some fake bull shit testimonies...... well, you get the idea.
  • 01-24-2012 09:12 AM
    clandestine
    Personally I would withhold judgement before efficacy of said treatment can be verified or debunked. We should refrain from making assumptions based on personal opinion when considering possible treatments.

That said, I find 'doesitwork's posts to be hilarious. Troll perhaps.
  • 01-24-2012 02:32 PM
    doesitwork
    Hilarious, based on studies is even moreso
    Since I always look for medical journal studies before I "try" something, my Dad calls me a "Walking Enclyclopedia with a Sense of Humor," so thanks.

The tocotrienols DO have a published placebo-controlled trial and that's why I feel like it's worth talking about.

The same is true of Nizoral shampoo, and iron deficiency being associated with hair loss, as well with some weaker data on taking biotin.

The fatal question is "Does it have published data that supports it?"
    Which of course means, "Does it work?"
  • 01-24-2012 02:37 PM
    doesitwork
    Toco-Sorb - I take four a day
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post

I started with two a day, but it's known to be quite safe and actually has what we might call "anti-aging' effects, such as lowers cholesterol, protects the prostate from cancer, etc...

So I upped it to three a day, because my hair grew thicker. And whoever said it makes a beard grow faster is right. Damn, I hate having to shave more...
    Then four a day, because after reading on the www.michaelmooney.net/hair.html that his hair got darker - I figured why not take a bit more.

Looking at the science, tocotrienols are far more potent in some portions of metabolism than vitamin E, as far as protecting tissue from damage, so I see them as helping keep me younger.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth