• 05-06-2011 08:31 AM
    Judd1
    Experience Dr Glenn Charles - Hair Transplant Center (HTC Tulsa OK)
    Dr Glenn Charles did my 26 y/o son's transplant at the Hair Transplant Center (HTC) of Tulsa OK. I'm 55...had a transplant in 1976 (back in the hair plugs days-it was awful!)...so I wanted to make sure that he got the best care. I was a little skeptical because of the low price ($3 per graft vs $6 to $8+ elsewhere). Don't be fooled by the likes of mass-market places (like Bosley--i.e. used car salesmen). HTC is a small but top notch operation. Tom Campbell is the operations director...he's a great guy...he spent about 30 mins on the phone with me answering my questions....he arranged a motel and transportation back & forth. The staff secretary Sammy and financial guy Aaron (I think) were so friendly...everyone in the office had "down home hospitality". No hidden costs or tricks...he had 2410 grafts X $3 = $7230 MINUS $600 travel allowance----Grand total $6630.

Dr Charles was WONDERFUL! He explained the procedure before we started. HTC stated on their website that friends are welcome to "sit in" during the procedure--I am considering getting my "plugs" repaired, so I wanted to see this for myself. Dr Charles graciously allowed me to watch (I just sat in the corner of the operating room).

THE PROCEDURE: During the entire procedure, Dr Charles and my son talked/joked and generally had a good time! Dr Charles numbed the head with several shots (this is the worst part, but tolerable). He prepared the donor area and extracted the donor hair---his staff of 5 nurses then went to work dissecting the grafts, while Dr Charles closed (stitched) the incision. The dissecting process yielded 2410 grafts. Next, Dr Charles prepared the recipient area (top of the head)...this amounts to a "pin prick" with a tiny instrument resembling a sharp pencil. The pin prick produces almost zero blood. The pin pricks are done at angles so that the hair lays naturally forward facing. The pin prick creates a tiny hole which will receive the graft later. After finishing the pin pricks, Dr Charles verifies that the donor incision is stable. Next, 3 of the nurses (who dissected the grafts) began the tedious job of placing the grafts in the pin prick holes that Dr Charles created. This process took about 2 hours.

POST OP: Immediately afterward, I (dad) inspected the final product. I was amazed! The top of the head was a little red and the back (doner) area incision was almost invisable...my son's hair was only about 1 inch long...had it been longer, I think it would have hidden the incision completely! HTC took us to the pharmacy for some antibotics and pain killers (vicodin)...and then to our motel at 5:00 pm. I can honestly tell you that he had almost zero pain...he took 3 extra strength Tylenol and that was all he needed. By 10 pm (bedtime)...still no pain, but he took a vicodin just to relax and sleep. Next morning...still no pain...we boarded a plane to return home. Dr Charles gave us his cell # and encouraged us to call if we had any questions/concerns.

RECOMMENDATION: We HIGHLY recommend Hair Transplant Center (HTC) in Tulsa OK and Dr Glenn Charles. The doctor is friendly and confident...most of all he's HONEST with you! He won't promise something that he cannot deliver. My son was thrilled with the results and he's looking forward to a few months from now when the new hair starts growing out.
  • 05-08-2011 06:58 PM
    Thebaldone1
    Loved reading your discussion. I did not know that Dr. Charles would transform the surgery in Tulsa, OK? Unless we are talking about two different Dr. Charles, are you referring to the one out of Florida?
  • 05-10-2011 03:05 PM
    Judd1
    Yes, Dr Glenn Charles from Boca Raton Fl. I simply cannot say enough good things about him!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My FUE Into FUT Scar Result Revealed After 5 Years
Yesterday 10:10 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 10:10 AM
2 operations with Asmed, Dr. Erdogan - 2007 and 2016
10-06-2020 10:53 AM
Last Post By sicore8826
04-12-2024 02:41 PM
How do you make a truck sound like a train horn?
09-13-2023 09:58 PM
by Bial
Last Post By frasheron
04-12-2024 06:02 AM
Dr. Glenn Charles FUT
04-10-2024 07:36 AM
Last Post By Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2024 07:36 AM