Cost of Avodart?

Printable View

• 11-19-2015 04:00 PM
    ccmethinning
    Cost of Avodart?
    Hi All,

My story: I'm 23 (almost 24), NW 2 and I've been on fin for a bit over 2 years now, started August 2013. I've been buying Fincar from InHouse Pharmacy the entire time I've been on it. I decided to go the InHouse route instead of the doctor and prescription route because I was still in college and on my parents insurance plan and was too embarrassed to have a charge at the dermatologists show up on my parents insurance plan for a hair loss consultation, and I didn't have a lot of money.

For the most part, I think fin has been working for me. I think my loss has largely been stalled. However in the past 4 months my temples have taken a big hit, possibly taking me to NW 2.5. My theory on why this happened is that I think I have bad fin. When this batch of fin was delivered back in July, it was in the high 90s where I live and the fin was probably traveling on hot mail trucks for days. I noticed a similar drop in efficacy last winter, when a batch I bought in January 2014 was delivered on a day that was below zero degrees, and probably sat in a sub zero mailbox for about 8 hours. I lost ground then as well, although not as much as I have now.

Long story short, I'm sick of playing this mail order pharmacy roulette game and finally wanna start getting legit meds from a legit pharmacy. I have my own insurance now as well as an HSA, in addition to more disposable cash. I think I'm ready to take the "nuclear option" as well and go on dut instead of fin, and maybe hopefully gain back a bit of what I've lost over the last few months.

My plan: go on legit Avodart from a US pharmacy with a prescription from MedicalWellnessCenter

My questions:
    How much does legit Avodart cost at a US pharmacy?
    Any chance insurance will cover any of the cost?
    Any chance I can use my HSA to cover any of the cost?

If I can't use insurance or my HSA, my goal is to spend less than $100 a month.
  • 11-20-2015 09:34 AM
    Ziggyz123
    What's up man. I use legit avodart from Walgreens in New Jersey. It costs $205 per month. My insurance didn't cover it, but idk if your will. I do hear that is DOES sometimes cover thigh so no harm in trying. If you can't get andoctor to prescribe it, go on medical wellness website and fill out the consult form. That's how I got my script. I took fin for two years and after the first year, I got wrecked with inflammation on my hairline. Could have been minox usage though, but I was super horny so maybe both.

But yeah, if you have decent insurance, you might get it covered or at least a good chunk. Goodluck either way dude.
  • 11-23-2015 08:19 PM
    ccmethinning
    Thanks for the reply Ziggy. How's dut working for ya?

$205 is a bit pricey for me. Anybody else wanna share how much Avodart costs them?
  • 11-25-2015 08:42 PM
    Thunderbass
    If your Doctor prescribed it for BPH (enlargement of the prostate) insurance will cover it or a portion of it depending on your prescription coverage. I was prescribed Propecia years ago and it wasn't covered because it is a "cosmetic" drug. Sucks that it has to be that way.
  • 12-12-2015 10:03 PM
    JohnMPB
    Generic is now released in the US. The price should drop considerably very soon. Call a local pharmacy near you for pricing.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM