• 02-04-2012 03:19 PM
    sausage
    Premier League Footballers Balding...
    With Rooney having his Hair Transplant and me having a keen interest in football and with so many men playing in the premier league aged around 18-38 I was thinking there are not actually that many balding men that play in the Premier League. Which shows its just us unlucky few that go bald young.

1. Wayne Rooney 26

We all know about Wayne and his HT which looks good.

2. Pepe Reina 29

Been around for years now, been bald all that time too. Looks good bald though.

3. Danny Murphy 34

His receded hair has been at the same stage for years now.

4. Steven Fletcher 24

The Wolves player has thinning hair but is currently wearing it long.

5. Ryan Giggs 38

His hair is not too bad and he is 38 now.

6. Brad Friedel 40

He is old now, not sure when he started balding.

7. Tim Howard 32.

Has it shaved now.

8. Steven Ireland 25

Is known to have got teased by his Ireland team mates for wearing a wig and there was some story about him missing an Ireland game to go to his nans funeral, which he actually lied about as his nan was alive. This was apparently because of the whole bald tease thing. He keeps it totally shaved.

So only 3 in their mid 20's that I can think of. Thats not many. Can you think of any more.
  • 02-04-2012 03:41 PM
    StressedToTheBald
    Its also a proof that excercise can't stop one from going bald.. There was also that rugby player, Englishman, retired somewhat recently, can't remember the name.. think the team was Wasps, London Wasps I think, bald as an eagle he was at the end of his career. Saw him by pure chance on some TV series..
  • 02-04-2012 06:16 PM
    sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Its also a proof that excercise can't stop one from going bald.. There was also that rugby player, Englishman, retired somewhat recently, can't remember the name.. think the team was Wasps, London Wasps I think, bald as an eagle he was at the end of his career. Saw him by pure chance on some TV series..

Matt Dawson, English Rugby World Cup Winner (Proud Englishman here)

Was the TV series 'A Question Of Sport'? do you get that in your country?

He also does some cooking type programmes.

He is 39 now, retired in 2006.

He is as you say bald as a eagle now and it does not suit him:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/webimage/1.3185313.1319704110!image/1625254466.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/1625254466.jpg"]

He is rich and has a hot mrs though...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...77_468x430.jpg
  • 02-05-2012 02:10 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I hear this. I've often wondered why a lot of athletes go bald. I'm big into the UFC and a ton of those guys suffer from male pattern baldness: Randy Couture, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, Keith Jardine, owner Dana White, referees Josh Rosenthal and Dan Miragliotta, BJ Penn, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin, etc.
  • 02-05-2012 02:33 AM
    sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I hear this. I've often wondered why a lot of athletes go bald. I'm big into the UFC and a ton of those guys suffer from male pattern baldness: Randy Couture, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, Keith Jardine, owner Dana White, referees Josh Rosenthal and Dan Miragliotta, BJ Penn, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin, etc.

Drugs Probably, don't steroids cause hairloss?

From what I have seen, very few athletes are balding. I could only name those footballers / (soccer players). Which is a small percentage of the 500 players in the Premier League.

I cannot really think of many other English-based athletes that are balding.

In F1, Maldonado, Barichello, Massa, Kubica are all balding.

England Cricket Team: Andrew Strauss, Jonathan Trott, Matt Prior.

I cannot think of a bald English golfer. But Americans Cink and Furyk come to mind.

Away from sport....It was thought Jude Law had possibly had a HT as he has been wearing hats for months but he recently stopped wearing his hats and he is still bald......unless he's gone through the shedding phase and we see some growth coming through in a few months?

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ja...-676084978.jpg
  • 02-05-2012 03:05 AM
    CVAZBAR
    Shit load of athletes go bald. You know who I noticed is going is going bald, but has a diffuse type of balding so it's very hard to tell because he still has coverage - Iker Casillas. I've noticed throughout the years that his hair is thinning at the top and he reminds me of my type of loss. He still has a good amount but I am almost 100% positive he is going bald.
  • 02-05-2012 04:20 AM
    sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Shit load of athletes go bald. You know who I noticed is going is going bald, but has a diffuse type of balding so it's very hard to tell because he still has coverage - Iker Casillas. I've noticed throughout the years that his hair is thinning at the top and he reminds me of my type of loss. He still has a good amount but I am almost 100% positive he is going bald.

I don't watch Real Madrid much so would not know, just looking at some photos I cannot detect anything myself although they may not be recent photos.

A very small percentage of sports people in the UK are balding compared to those who aren't

I am not sure if it is worse in other countries.

I do not follow basketball, american football, baseball which are big team sports elsewhere. I don't really follow Rugby in the UK either so could not pick out bald rugby players. One that comes to mind is Peter Stringer the Irish matey.
  • 02-05-2012 05:37 AM
    Morbo
    In Belgium I'd say each team in the belgian first division has about 3 bald or balding players, which seems rather low considering most of them have about 30 players in their squad (1/10?). But then again the percentage of men balding before their 30's is rather low, so could be a good reflection.

The most well-know examples I can come up with atm are Anthony Vanden Borre (ex-Portsmouth) who started balding in his early 20's, Milan Jovanovic (ex-Liverpool) who started in his late 20's and Jelle Van Damme (ex-Wolverhampton and Southhampton) also late 20's.

But there are a shit-load of others.
  • 02-05-2012 05:40 AM
    sausage
    I started balding at 16, thats ridiculously young, how could god do this to a young boy. Gods a mutha trucker!
  • 02-05-2012 09:44 AM
    Seb89
    Rooneys HT has made me decide when I get the money together I want to go to harley street to get mine done.

His looks really good tbf.

And if they can sort his out, then Im confident they can do mine.

I imagine it will cost a shed load though.
  • 02-05-2012 09:48 AM
    Seb89
    also not sure why jude law hasnt had one.

Good looking bloke with hair, and can easily get it sorted.

He clearly isnt comfortable with it due to the over hat wearing and such. Seems odd.
  • 02-05-2012 12:40 PM
    Morbo
    Maybe he's like a lot us who know a HT or even meds can go both ways and he prefers to wait what the future brings, instead of making it worse. (not a spiteful comment btw, just a thought :) )

I noticed the same thing with Ralph Fiennes. He's an actor and obviously gets by through his looks and he's got loads of money but he didn't get it fixed either. Despite some people wearing their bald head with pride, Ralp Fiennes neither strook me - judging by some photo's on red carpets - like a guy who's to fond of his hairloss.
  • 02-05-2012 12:44 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Everywhere I go there's bald heads. ****ing Rooney is sporting frohawks now haha. Hey but Rooney did his time. He was bald before 20.
  • 02-05-2012 01:00 PM
    Hurts
    Van der Vaart - 28
  • 02-05-2012 01:01 PM
    Hurts
    Many rugby and american football players, and even footballers go hard in the gym though, take that in mind.
  • 02-05-2012 01:01 PM
    TheDude
    There's way more footballers that are either going bald or are bald than your mentioning..

I actually think its a case of not whose going bald but when..

Obviously thats a generalization but guys seem to lose their hair one way or another, time being the only factor..

Most of my friends are bald or going bald and these are guys you would never say were going to lose their hair..

My best friend has just about no bald connections in his family, neither his mom's side nor his dad's side yet he was bald at 23..

Evolution is what i put it down to as much as it sux..
  • 02-07-2012 06:23 AM
    Seb89
    Not a premier league player but wes sneijder is also very light on top.

Infact he is in the jason statham category of pulling it off.

Infact have seen pictures of him before with hair and he did genuinley look like a future peadophile. However bald he looks very good. Odd how that happens sometimes.

His wife is also insanely hot, lucky bugger.
  • 02-07-2012 11:58 AM
    sausage
    He has apparently had a hair transplant and his hair looks fine.

He is a good looking guy.

http://img.skysports.com/12/02/660x3...r2_2714965.jpg
  • 02-07-2012 12:03 PM
    Seb89
    http://http://www.google.com/imgres?...:429,r:20,s:21

This is him before, creepy, he suits a buzz.
  • 02-07-2012 03:59 PM
    Seb89
    Interestingly, having done reasearch on his HT which as you say looks very good it appears his was done by Dr. Gho, who gets quite a lot of heat on these forums, but a picture was taken only a couple of months after sneijder had the procedure and his fair had fully grown back.

Might start looking more into gho's methods if they are the results it brings.
  • 02-07-2012 04:16 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Sneijder's HT is certainly a homerun. Looks fantastic. Perhaps he has exceptionally thick hair diameter and very favourable hair colour to blend with the colour of his scalp. Fair play to him.
  • 02-07-2012 04:30 PM
    sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb89 View Post
    Interestingly, having done reasearch on his HT which as you say looks very good it appears his was done by Dr. Gho, who gets quite a lot of heat on these forums, but a picture was taken only a couple of months after sneijder had the procedure and his fair had fully grown back.

Might start looking more into gho's methods if they are the results it brings.

Unfortunately that photo of sneijder u put up before surgery did not work, from what I remember his hair was not bad at all before surgery, he only had slightly receded temples.

His hair now looks good, u can see that his hair on top in thinner than the hair on the sides of his head. How many grafts per cm2 do you think he had?
  • 02-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Seb89
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...:429,r:15,s:22

He was getting pretty thin on top. The surgery has made a massive difference imo.
  • 02-07-2012 04:37 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Why on earth did he get a transplant?!?!?!

He's got the body shape, face shape and jaw line for the buzz.
  • 02-07-2012 04:39 PM
    Seb89
    I agree. He actually pulls off the buzz ridiculously well. Even with a receding hairline he still looked very handsome, and it didnt age him at all.

But then again, we all know what its like and what it does to a persons confidence regardless of how it looks to others. Its what we see. I suspect he was either unhappy himself, or his misses who is a model may have had a little word in his ear.
  • 02-07-2012 04:41 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Quote:

I agree. He actually pulls off the buzz ridiculously well. Even with a receding hairline he still looked very handsome, and it didnt age him at all.

But then again, we all know what its like and what it does to a persons confidence regardless of how it looks to others. Its what we see. I suspect he was either unhappy himself, or his misses who is a model may have had a little word in his ear.

If the woman made him do it...she won't be around long term.

Ah well. He still looks fine. Curious about any scaring though - must not be bad if he is keeping it buzzed.
  • 02-07-2012 04:42 PM
    Seb89
    If he had FUE, would there be any?
  • 02-07-2012 04:44 PM
    Seb89
    Oh and for the woman, it wouldnt suprise me, I follow the bloke on twitter. 90% of the stuff he tweets is about her, or pictures of her, or them. He is whipped. Haha I joke, just deeply in love I suppose.
  • 02-07-2012 04:45 PM
    Morbo
    He is rather small though, so from that POV I can sort off understand. Baldness just suits tall men better and if you're small you constantly have bigger people looking down on your scalp.

Robben's bald head looks way worse on him.
  • 02-07-2012 04:47 PM
    Seb89
    Yeah agree. Robben's looks horrific. He has looked about 55 years old since he was about 25. He is full on now, if I was him I would have something done about it because it really doesnt suit, but if he is comfortable with it then all power to him.

I get the small thing aswell. Im not short, im about 5.10, 5'11 but obviously there are people who are a lot taller than me and I would hate to have someone staring down on my head.
  • 02-07-2012 05:00 PM
    sausage
    Do bald men look better in white?

This may sound like an odd question, but does wearing white make your baldness look better?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ck6LQcv4sO...obben%2B18.jpg

He defo looks about 55 here:

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Art...-jpg-44502.jpg

He has an ugly face anyway, but he should do a Rooney.
  • 02-07-2012 05:03 PM
    sausage
    Wear fake tan on your face and scalp and wear white, it helps to make your tan stand out and your skin and hair do not contrast as much as your skin will now be darker.

Thats the way forward.
  • 02-07-2012 05:07 PM
    Seb89
    What I tend to find is bald people look better wearing very basic clothing. Plain white/black etc T shirts.

Dunno why.

Maybe it's because you get less older people wearing t shirts with loads of different designs and lets face facts, bald people look older, helps blend in with people who look similar.
  • 02-07-2012 05:11 PM
    Seb89
    I do agree about a tan.

But I wouldnt fake tan because I think on blokes that looks ridiculous, saw one guy in town over xmas and he looked so cringe worthily orange it was ridiculous.

If only we got some damm sun over here I would go down to a 1 and be done with it.

I bicked it on holiday during the summer and it looked decent. Did it around chrimbo and I looked like I was a chemo patient.

Maybe a sun bed, but then again im not the desperate that I wanna risk cancer just to look a bit better.
  • 02-07-2012 11:53 PM
    sausage
    Quote:

I do agree about a tan.

But I wouldnt fake tan because I think on blokes that looks ridiculous, saw one guy in town over xmas and he looked so cringe worthily orange it was ridiculous.

If only we got some damm sun over here I would go down to a 1 and be done with it.

I bicked it on holiday during the summer and it looked decent. Did it around chrimbo and I looked like I was a chemo patient.

Maybe a sun bed, but then again im not the desperate that I wanna risk cancer just to look a bit better.

If there was sun here my head would just get burnt.

Pepe Reina looks good bald, partly cos he has a decent face, partly cos he has his spanish darker skin.

I am young so fake tan is not a problem, I do not use heavy stuff just a tan moisturiser (not even sure it it works) lol.

I can undertstand that it would not work too good on someone 40+

So fake tan it but not over the top and wear plain clothing, white helps bring out your tan and the tanned skin will blend in with the hair. Less of a contrast - sorted!
  • 02-08-2012 12:46 AM
    CVAZBAR
    Too much talk about who looks good bald. Sneijder looks good because he is not a bad looking guy. That helps a lot. Even if Robben had a full head of hair, it isn't going to make him good looking. Every person is different. You can also have a nice bald head but still be ugly. It's all in the mind. Personality can also change the perception of people. It can make you look good as well. It's all in the mind.
  • 02-08-2012 02:27 PM
    jpm
    Is the use of propecia still banned in football?
  • 02-08-2012 02:42 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Its not just the color. Its the contrast.

The pale white head and a dark colored shirt makes the pale head a draw for the eye. Get some color up there or increase the lightness of upper body clothing and it becomes less outstanding.
  • 02-09-2012 09:50 AM
    TheDude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Too much talk about who looks good bald. Sneijder looks good because he is not a bad looking guy. That helps a lot. Even if Robben had a full head of hair, it isn't going to make him good looking. Every person is different. You can also have a nice bald head but still be ugly. It's all in the mind. Personality can also change the perception of people. It can make you look good as well. It's all in the mind.

Have to agree.

I do however want to get a decent tan, problem i have the skin that where exposed to sunlight increase in freckles occur, can't be a good thing.

Been thinking about a tanning bed but worried about the consequences.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth