• 09-26-2016 10:41 AM
    BalderbytheMinute
    Have to style hair down over hairline with current hairpiece...any suggestions?
    Hey guys,

Currently, I am having to style my hair down over my hairline to hide it because either the tape or glue holding my hair on turns white, gets dirty around the edges, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can prevent this from happening? I really want to be able to style it in an upwards position. Right now, it has that "tupee" look since I am styling it down over my hairline.

I have used walker glue (which seems to get into the lace and pull out hairs), ghost bond glue (which doesn't hold very well IMO), walker tape, supertape, etc...any ideas?

Thanks again for the help.
  • 09-28-2016 07:28 PM
    Candide
    Hi BBTM

If the glue or tape edge gets dirty, you just have to clean it. There is quite a good Hair Direct video on this at:

http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/...-hairline.aspx

How long are you keeping your unit on between attachments?

If the glue is turning white, that is because it is getting wet before it has cured. The usual reason is that you are sweating. You need to try to stay sweat free for at least a couple of hours after you apply, and ideally overnight. So I find it is best to apply the system at the end of the day when you can stay in the aircon for 8 or 9 hours. Alternatively you could use 3 mil tape for the hairline - I don't think that ever turns white.

If your glue is getting into the lace, then you are applying the piece too soon. You have to allow the glue to dry till it is barely tacky before you apply the piece on top. It should have the consistency of the glue on the back of a Post-it sticker. If you are using multiple layers of glue, you have to allow each one to dry before putting the next one on, and the last layer must be allowed to dry before putting on the piece.

Hope this helps.
  • 09-29-2016 03:34 PM
    Inthemix
    Hello Candide. I sent you an email. Let me know what you think.
  • 10-06-2016 11:52 AM
    BalderbytheMinute
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Hi BBTM

If the glue or tape edge gets dirty, you just have to clean it. There is quite a good Hair Direct video on this at:

http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/...-hairline.aspx

How long are you keeping your unit on between attachments?

If the glue is turning white, that is because it is getting wet before it has cured. The usual reason is that you are sweating. You need to try to stay sweat free for at least a couple of hours after you apply, and ideally overnight. So I find it is best to apply the system at the end of the day when you can stay in the aircon for 8 or 9 hours. Alternatively you could use 3 mil tape for the hairline - I don't think that ever turns white.

If your glue is getting into the lace, then you are applying the piece too soon. You have to allow the glue to dry till it is barely tacky before you apply the piece on top. It should have the consistency of the glue on the back of a Post-it sticker. If you are using multiple layers of glue, you have to allow each one to dry before putting the next one on, and the last layer must be allowed to dry before putting on the piece.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help and I am currently trying these mini tapes that seem to have the strongest hold so far but they always come loose on the edges within the first two days. I will try as you suggested with the glue and apply it at night and see how it goes. Do you recommend using both tape and glue combined? I may give this a try as well for even a better hold...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM