smp vs. concealer

Printable View

• 08-05-2013 08:55 PM
    FearTheLoss
    smp vs. concealer
    Which is better to hide thinning hair?
  • 08-05-2013 09:37 PM
    drybone
    from what I have seen concealer does a far better job on thinning hair and SMP does a far better job at giving bald guys a full head of ...........hairline anyways.
  • 08-06-2013 08:10 AM
    Delphi
    SMP will not blend in or add bulk to your hair. Concealer will do a much better job if you use it correctly.
  • 08-06-2013 02:14 PM
    35YrsAfter
    Large SMP Dots
    The problem I have seen with SMP is dotting that is of a much larger diameter than the hairs exiting the scalp SMP is supposed to simulate.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
  • 08-07-2013 01:35 PM
    Jotronic
    Concealer is better for guys that have longer hair (longer than shaved that is). In fact, concealer can give a stronger appearance than any surgical result simply because it masks the entire area of visible scalp where applied. SMP works far better on shaved guys of course because concealers don't have anything to really grab onto and it looks silly having such short hair and no visible scalp.
  • 09-23-2014 09:40 AM
    JonB.
    I used concealer for ten years...it was the creme and the powder...

I have some left over for dark brown hair if anybody wants it...(in the tri state area)

The concealer a cool if you have a lot of hair in other parts. I got to a point where the concealer was showing so badly...I went to smp and a clean crisp hair look and I couldn't be happier. If your in the tri state ny area and want some course or topic for dark brown hair...buy me a cup of coffee or preferably a nice scotch or martini and it's yours...

You'll also be able to see Matts work creating smp on my head three years ago..

Still looks awesome...( I was a Norwood five)
  • 10-26-2014 01:28 PM
    mikey973
    5 Attachment(s)
    this is my diffuse and smp changed my life. If i was totally bald I wouldnt get it

The first two are before, thats only one session
  • 11-10-2014 02:05 PM
    35YrsAfter
    Kind of an interesting story. I have mentioned my 5'6" friend who shaves his slick bald Norwood 6 head. Women love the guy. He's about 46. He showed me a photo of him and his new 20+ year old girlfriend. Really good looking young lady. Something bothered him about the photo of he and his girl... His smile revealed a space between two of his side teeth. Being bald doesn't bother him at all.
  • 02-22-2015 03:15 AM
    0kly
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey973 View Post
    this is my diffuse and smp changed my life. If i was totally bald I wouldnt get it

The first two are before, thats only one session

dude you have like 90% real hair still on your head. If I had your coverage before you got SMP done I would not have cared about doing anything to it.
  • 03-23-2015 06:50 PM
    bubbatan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    SMP will not blend in or add bulk to your hair. Concealer will do a much better job if you use it correctly.

This has been my experience. Using a good hair loss concealer or hair thickening product such as Toppik or Xfusion gives a natural looking result.

It's also been recommended to me to try DermMatch which is a waterproof hair loss concealer to minimize the amount of Toppik I use or even a hair thickening spray such as Mane before applying Toppik.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth