• 09-12-2011 06:53 PM
    lucrio
    Question for finasteride shedders
    So this is like my third post about initial shedding on finasteride. I've been on fin for about three months now and have been shedding a lot of hair since i started taking it (much more than before i started). Although there is a lot of information about how shedding is fairly common when starting fin and reasons why, i cant seem to find any good or consistent info about when it potentially stops. I'd just like to ask anyone who did experience a shed when starting fin, how long did it last and did the shed hair come back. I know there are so many posts about this but if i can just get a few peoples experience it would really help me get a better idea of what i'm dealing with. thanks in advance for any replys
  • 09-12-2011 10:24 PM
    Rupi
    I started i June and I shedded a lot till end of August. But starting this month, the shedding has slowed down significantly and the hair looks thicker all over.
  • 09-13-2011 06:02 AM
    Hurts
    I'm on week 2 fin and I'm still shedding a lot in the shower. Is this normal?
  • 09-13-2011 10:15 PM
    Rupi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    I'm on week 2 fin and I'm still shedding a lot in the shower. Is this normal?

Yes it is, I was shedding a lot in the beginning of the treatment also.
  • 09-14-2011 04:39 AM
    GreatSage
    Is it normal for everyone on Fin to shed or is it just how someone responds to it? I'm about to start the treatment.
  • 09-14-2011 06:59 AM
    gsk
    I'm in my 4th week of Fin....just started shedding, but I cant figure it out whether its from Fin or Niz!? Does NIZ cause any shedding?

Previously I lose about 20 every day....now it almost 40 to 50 ....but the thing that worries me is that I'm losing the 'Thick' and 'Healthier' ones :(
  • 09-14-2011 09:21 AM
    Hurts
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupi View Post
    Yes it is, I was shedding a lot in the beginning of the treatment also.

Thanks. When did your shed stop/slow down?
  • 09-14-2011 10:14 AM
    gsk
    also, do you guys lose miniaturized hair or the thick ones?
  • 03-31-2012 07:01 PM
    Kirby_
    Four months into fin, looking much barer on top than baseline. Guess there's a while to go...
  • 03-31-2012 07:25 PM
    Maradona
    what do you guys mean by shedding?

50 hairs a day is nothing let alone 20.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth