• 09-03-2014 09:48 AM
    ericgerard
    Minoxidil 2nd shed @ 6 months?
    Hey guys. Does anyone know if second sheds with minoxidil are common? I had a shed when I started using it that drastically reduced my density, but within a few months I had more than made up for it. My hair was thick again. Now here at 6 months my density has taken a huge hit once again.

Does this sound like a second shed or have the meds stopped working already? I should add that I've been on fin for over a year now.
  • 09-09-2014 10:49 AM
    ericgerard
    anybody?
  • 09-09-2014 02:20 PM
    MichaelJ
    If minox worked as well as you say there's no way it would lose it's effectiveness after just 6 months. I've been on minox for 5 years and I have sheds every now and then (every year and a half or so). Even now I'm just starting to recover from a 2 month shed from over summer. Occasional sheds are something you need to get used to when on minox.
  • 09-09-2014 07:14 PM
    ericgerard
    Thanks for the response Michael! Yeah it would be weird for it to have lost effectiveness after giving me so much density back just a few months ago. I essentially have lost almost all of my gains in the past month... I'm hoping for a quick recovery.
  • 08-31-2017 05:59 AM
    clau
    My minoxidil problem
    I treated minoxidil for four months. The first three weeks my hair has not fallen. Then, for a month, I had a terrible shedding (200-300 hairs a day). From month 2 to month 3, the hair dosent fall. Everything has stabilized. Now, after 11 weeks of treatment, I want to tell you that I'm dropping about 150 hairs a day (Is this the second shedding?) . It's normal? What to do? Will you continue with him or not? The dermatologist advised me to take Propecia, but I'm afraid of the side effects. I mention that I use 5% minoxidil twice a day plus biotin plus MSM. Thank you

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth