Whey Protein

Printable View

• 04-01-2011 03:16 AM
    spinny
    Whey Protein
    Hi there,
    I recently had read an article on the web about the disadvantage Whey Protein Isolate which has an effect on hair loss. This article was posted by Dr Shapiro. http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.c...final_2010.pdf . What seems fishy is that the Doctor is selling his own whey protein product called "Dr Shapiro's Help Hair Shake" . Please can someone advise me if it safe to take whey protein isolate cause i use it 3 times a day because i do intense training.

Help Much Appreciated.
  • 04-01-2011 03:21 AM
    KeepTheHair
    It's safe.
  • 04-01-2011 12:19 PM
    Spex
    Yep - your good
  • 04-01-2011 08:20 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    I've been using whey protein for a month and haven't noticed any hair loss. Fin and Kirkland 5% min have been holding up my hair pretty good.
  • 07-14-2017 02:36 PM
    wannamyhairback
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I've been using whey protein for a month and haven't noticed any hair loss. Fin and Kirkland 5% min have been holding up my hair pretty good.

how is everything now? do you still think that whey and finasteride helped you to keep your hair? is it safe to use whey? i guess if you use it without inhibiting 5 alpha it might increase hair loss but if you use it in conjunction with fin its better
  • 07-15-2017 03:40 AM
    Davidwilliams
    Yes, it is safe and you can take it without any doubt.
  • 05-23-2019 07:10 AM
    Addendum
    What biological or chemical action is whey protein supposed to have on hair to make it fall out—assuming it does indeed make hair fall out? Does it increase DHT, for instance?

And can it make transplanted hair fall out?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth