Natural remedies

Printable View

• 07-17-2015 06:21 AM
    Brock
    Natural remedies
    Good afternoon everyone,

My hair has been thinning/falling out for the past year and I've tried minoxidil, it didn't work as it caused chest pain and dry eyes. So now I'm looking for natural remedies (pills, vitamins...) that'll just slow down or even better, stop the balding process.

Thank you !
  • 07-17-2015 07:12 AM
    warner8
    to be very frank, in my and in others opinion, there is no natural product out there that will work. only minoxidil and propecia effectively will halt hair loss and give you some regrowth. these are trusted time and time again products that work, but yes, they have side effects depending on the person using them. i wouldnt put my faith in an all natural product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

My hair has been thinning/falling out for the past year and I've tried minoxidil, it didn't work as it caused chest pain and dry eyes. So now I'm looking for natural remedies (pills, vitamins...) that'll just slow down or even better, stop the balding process.

Thank you !

• 07-18-2015 12:31 PM
    Herbaliser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    to be very frank, in my and in others opinion, there is no natural product out there that will work. only minoxidil and propecia effectively will halt hair loss and give you some regrowth. these are trusted time and time again products that work, but yes, they have side effects depending on the person using them. i wouldnt put my faith in an all natural product.

Dear warner8 are you referring to the FDA or DA actually that approved merck for $?
    How can you prove that there is no natural product that works?
  • 07-18-2015 02:40 PM
    warner8
    oh herbaliser, i was waiting for you to pop up. you are the natural hair guru on the forums.

what natural stuff are you using now? and do they really work for multiple people?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Dear warner8 are you referring to the FDA or DA actually that approved merck for $?
    How can you prove that there is no natural product that works?

• 07-18-2015 05:19 PM
    burtandernie
    Lets just say every guy I ever met with strong genetic history of MPB after they started losing hair changed their diets first. Diet is one thing under someones control so every guy starting to go bald changes diet first. I dont know any guy that ever kept his hair without using any legit treatment. I eat the same as someone I know and he his really bald and I have very small gradual amount of hair loss but we eat the same things.
    Could a natural thing like say saw palmetto stop hair loss? Yes it could but you would have to take so much of it that its harmful anyways I mean drinking too much water can kill you. Is water bad for you? Almost everything taken in high doses can be dangerous but MPB requires that for any difference hence a drug. So I dont think anything natural in safe normal doses can stop it.
  • 07-18-2015 10:13 PM
    Herbaliser
    Quote:

oh herbaliser, i was waiting for you to pop up. you are the natural hair guru on the forums.

what natural stuff are you using now? and do they really work for multiple people?

I´m still using the same stuff as posted before.
    Works great for me and regarding multiple people, it´s impossible to know.
    Many states that they tried the natural route, but usually it means pills in a synthetic form like biotin or compounded snake oils.
  • 07-19-2015 08:29 AM
    warner8
    can you send us a before and after updated photos?

Quote:

I´m still using the same stuff as posted before.
    Works great for me and regarding multiple people, it´s impossible to know.
    Many states that they tried the natural route, but usually it means pills in a synthetic form like biotin or compounded snake oils.

• 07-19-2015 11:34 AM
    burtandernie
    When people say they are going natural route I dont know what that means. Everything in existence is natural. Propecia is natural the molecules its made from all comes from elements found in or allowed by nature. All the atoms are natural that compose those molecules. You mean your eating vegetables or some specific diet? You cant create matter from nothing in laboratory this isnt star trek.
  • 07-19-2015 10:46 PM
    warner8
    they mean using stuff thats not made from a pharmaceutical company that would be labelled medication.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    When people say they are going natural route I dont know what that means. Everything in existence is natural. Propecia is natural the molecules its made from all comes from elements found in or allowed by nature. All the atoms are natural that compose those molecules. You mean your eating vegetables or some specific diet? You cant create matter from nothing in laboratory this isnt star trek.

• 07-20-2015 06:40 AM
    Seuxin
    Natural is bullshit for hair !
    A real bullshit.

Time to accept it, and use real medecine....
  • 07-20-2015 03:00 PM
    burtandernie
    Quote:

they mean using stuff thats not made from a pharmaceutical company that would be labelled medication.

Okay I guess but a medication is still natural IMO
  • 07-21-2015 06:12 AM
    Brock
    Hey Herbaliser,
    I would like to know what herbal medecine you use
  • 07-21-2015 09:32 AM
    Herbaliser
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Hey Herbaliser,
    I would like to know what herbal medecine you use

Hi Brock,

I´m using a topical with coriander, green tee that i crush to a paste with a pestle, and then i stir it in a bowl with emu, olive, coconut oil and coconut milk.
    I also drink 2 tsp of chlorella powder twice a day.
    A couple of pictures that shows my progress, and i always buzzed my hair before due to the hair loss.
    It´s longer now so i took close up pictures of my temple (a month ago) to show the proceeding.
    If your interested i can continue my thread again (snake oil), with my proceeding so far and description of the recipe with pictures.
  • 07-21-2015 09:54 AM
    Soonbald
    yo
    dude im a naturall guy well kinda..I "was" Before...I have used and still sometimes use emu oil and other oil mixes but not too often...today I use minox and ru58841 for 2 months havent seen any improvements yet..but wow those results are great you dont use minox or finasteride at all??? you really got new hairs growing? I would like to try what you are doing right now plz give me detailed info im gonna get started right away!!
  • 07-21-2015 11:35 AM
    Herbaliser
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    dude im a naturall guy well kinda..I "was" Before...I have used and still sometimes use emu oil and other oil mixes but not too often...today I use minox and ru58841 for 2 months havent seen any improvements yet..but wow those results are great you dont use minox or finasteride at all??? you really got new hairs growing? I would like to try what you are doing right now plz give me detailed info im gonna get started right away!!

I´m not using drugs at all, and this was (almost) more of a fluke for me.
    Probably it has something to do with the enzymes, since once you break a fresh leave the oxidation progress begins, and it´s nutrition value is at the highest peak.
    When you put the paste on your scalp it is bright green, but after 20-30 minutes it turns dark green or brownish due to the oxidation.

Took some pictures when i noticed some new hairs growing in the beginning, since they where easy to spot aside my dead hair.
    Going to post a new detailed thread of my progress tomorrow.
  • 07-21-2015 05:40 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

to be very frank, in my and in others opinion, there is no natural product out there

That's partially true. Only Saw Palmetto works, but barely.... and so little that its pretty much a write off.
  • 07-22-2015 09:17 AM
    Brock
    Quote:

Hi Brock,

I´m using a topical with coriander, green tee that i crush to a paste with a pestle, and then i stir it in a bowl with emu, olive, coconut oil and coconut milk.
    I also drink 2 tsp of chlorella powder twice a day.
    A couple of pictures that shows my progress, and i always buzzed my hair before due to the hair loss.
    It´s longer now so i took close up pictures of my temple (a month ago) to show the proceeding.
    If your interested i can continue my thread again (snake oil), with my proceeding so far and description of the recipe with pictures.

Wow thank you !
    It's pretty impressive ! It'd be great if you could continue your thread or start a new one with the recipe and maybe post pictures on a monthly basis !
    Do you apply your topical treatment daily ? And how long did it take for new hairs to grow out ?
  • 07-23-2015 04:06 AM
    Herbaliser
    10 Attachment(s)
    Hi Brock and Soonbald,

It took about a month for me to see results as shown.
    The new hair growing is the same as i had before, when i had healthy full hair.
    Even my dead fuzzy hair went back to normal, and i´m still having steady regrowth, and i´m about 80% totally recovered.

There is no point to start a new thread or continue with the old one, since 99% are biased towards chemical drugs.

But here is how i use my topical:

I pour 1 tsp emu oil , 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp castor oil, into a small bowl.

Then i use the pastel to mush 1 bag of green tea and about 10 leaves of coriander.
    Then i pour the paste into the oil and stir really good.

Then i add 1 tsp of coconut oil and 2 tsp of coconut milk, and 3 tsp of dr.bronners mild unscented castile soap.

Rub it in your scalp and leave it in for 20-30 minutes with a cap on, and just rinse it off with lukewarm water.

Hopefully i made some kind of a understandable explanation, but feel free to ask if your interested.
  • 07-23-2015 04:54 AM
    Brock
    Quote:

Hi Brock and Soonbald,

It took about a month for me to see results as shown.
    The new hair growing is the same as i had before, when i had healthy full hair.
    Even my dead fuzzy hair went back to normal, and i´m still having steady regrowth, and i´m about 80% totally recovered.

There is no point to start a new thread or continue with the old one, since 99% are biased towards chemical drugs.

But here is how i use my topical:

I pour 1 tsp emu oil , 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp castor oil, into a small bowl.

Then i use the pastel to mush 1 bag of green tea and about 10 leaves of coriander.
    Then i pour the paste into the oil and stir really good.

Then i add 1 tsp of coconut oil and 2 tsp of coconut milk, and 3 tsp of dr.bronners mild unscented castile soap.

Rub it in your scalp and leave it in for 20-30 minutes with a cap on, and just rinse it off with lukewarm water.

Hopefully i made some kind of a understandable explanation, but feel free to ask if your interested.

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation, Herbaliser !
    I only have two questions left : how many times per week do you apply the topical to your scalp and do you wash your hair after you've rinsed it off ?

Thanks !
  • 07-23-2015 05:27 AM
    Jedgreen
    If you already have a perfect healthy life with all nutriments delivered like they should to your scalp then I don't think adding more natural products will be strong enough to give interresting effects such as with propecia. And most natural products are not without side effects either anyway.

That said, changing bad habits for a healthy life style can create some hair regrowth though (happened to me to some degree after I stopped smoking) But I think that it will only lead you to the state were you should be with your MPB and a healthy life style; nothing more. So don't expect reducing your Norwood number by eating salads anyway...
    (I must say that I did not try juicing though)

So, as I like to say: first step to regrow hair is stop smoking, eat healthy, and drink less (sleeping well is a plus also), THEN and only then you can be sure of the real state of your scalp and you'll be sure that any product you will try (natural or not) are fully operational and are not diminished by by you bad health.
  • 07-23-2015 05:35 AM
    Herbaliser
    I use it every day now actually (but i would recommend at least 4 times a week), and it is more like a normal routine for me now with the chlorella drinking.
    A lot of ingredients but the emu oil, castor oil and dr.bronners soap you can buy in big packs and it lasts for a long time.

The coriander is cheap, and you can just put it in a pot close to a window, and just grab the leaves when you need.
    Only waste is going to be the coconut milk, since once you open the can, it lasts for max 4-5 days. (remember to pour the remains in a air tight glass jar)

The hair is going to be a little bit oily in the beginning after rinsing, but you can easily wash it off again using the castile soap.
    The ingredients are very mild to your scalp, and therefore you can use it every day.
  • 07-23-2015 09:44 AM
    Brock
    Thanks Herbaliser !
    I'll give it a shot as soon as I've gathered all of the ingredients !
  • 07-24-2015 12:23 AM
    Soonbald
    Thanks a ton herbaliser I got all the ingredients I just need to buy that coriander and im gonna get started very soon!! im not sure about this but are you Swedish?? are you from "Göteborg" ? im from Stockholm anyway! cheers!
  • 07-24-2015 02:02 AM
    doke
    Hi Herb do you mix it fresh everyday or mix a whole weeks worth and put in a jar?
  • 07-24-2015 02:31 AM
    Herbaliser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    Thanks a ton herbaliser I got all the ingredients I just need to buy that coriander and im gonna get started very soon!! im not sure about this but are you Swedish?? are you from "Göteborg" ? im from Stockholm anyway! cheers!

Nice, yeas i am from Göteborg.
    I highly recommend the Rene Voltaire Chlorella powder (quiet cheap) that they have in well sorted ICA stores, and it should be easy since you are from Stockholm.
    Nice to see if you get a boost with your ongoing regime of RU.
  • 07-24-2015 02:39 AM
    Herbaliser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Hi Herb do you mix it fresh everyday or mix a whole weeks worth and put in a jar?

Hi doke,

I do it fresh every time, since when you break the coriander leaves it starts to oxide so you will loose most of it´s nutrition.
    It´s the same as juicing greens that you have to drink it directly, to gain all the minerals and vitamins.

The remedy docent take long to make anyway, and i apply it before i shower so it becomes a routine.
  • 07-24-2015 02:42 AM
    doke
    Quote:

Hi doke,

I do it fresh every time, since when you break the coriander leaves it starts to oxide so you will loose most of it´s nutrition.
    It´s the same as juicing greens that you have to drink it directly, to gain all the minerals and vitamins.

The remedy docent take long to make anyway, and i apply it before i shower so it becomes a routine.

many thanks herb i wonder whether they will send to uk the c powder?
  • 07-24-2015 05:44 AM
    Brock
    I got the green tea, coriander and oils this morning ! I'll start as soon as I can, if this works, you should patent it, you'd make millions ;-)
  • 07-24-2015 09:31 AM
    Herbaliser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doke View Post
    many thanks herb i wonder whether they will send to uk the c powder?

You will find chlorella easily in uk. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chlorella-Nu...ords=chlorella

And the potentiality with chlorella: http://www.ivlproducts.com/Health-Li...ent-Superfood/

Do not buy in tablet form though, since you need at least 10 tablets to gain the same amount as 2 tsp of powder.
    I put 2 tsp of chlorella powder in half glass of water when i wake up in the morning, on an empty stomach before i eat or drink coffee.
  • 07-24-2015 09:58 AM
    doke
    Quote:

You will find chlorella easily in uk. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chlorella-Nu...ords=chlorella

And the potentiality with chlorella: http://www.ivlproducts.com/Health-Li...ent-Superfood/

Do not buy in tablet form though, since you need at least 10 tablets to gain the same amount as 2 tsp of powder.
    I put 2 tsp of chlorella powder in half glass of water when i wake up in the morning, on an empty stomach before i eat or drink coffee.

Many thanks herb did you ever try minoxidil or propecia?
  • 07-24-2015 04:42 PM
    Soonbald
    hi herbaliser..im not sure if RU is helping me as of yet...been using minox for 3 months "no results" and RU at 250mg "5ml" every other day....cant do it everyday then im out on RU too fast and I use the "premixed solution" from anagen inc 5%...some say the premixed is not as "potent" but it says on all RU sites that its stable for 6 months at room temperature so it must have SOME effect still on the hair...at least I hope so..my hair is pretty long I dont wanna cut it too short then my hair will really look thin and my hair just barely grows at all...so then I will be stuck with thin looking hair all the time.. but I spike my hair up with alcohol gel then I spray the RU "5ml" 250mg mixed with 1ml of minox in a small bottle and spray it all over my scalp then rubb it in carefully with a small plastic thing..been doing it for 2 months now..no results yet but I have noticed I do lose less hairs after starting using minox and RU....but tbh my hair actually looks thinner =/.... I did try finasteride 1 year ago but after exactly 1 month my Eyes were so dry it was crazy burning feeling they just felt bone dry and as soon as I just focused my Eyes they started tearing up BADLY and Eye drops didnt work at all only made it worse...they started getting red later on due to the dryness...it was painfull I stopped immidiately and my Eyes were dry for 4 long Days it felt like forever but on the forth day they were back to normal again I could breath out again... living with dry Eyes is no Life at all its annoying and painfull...I had no sexuall or mental side effects anyway just the dry Eyes...I read anti-androgens can indeed cause dry Eyes, I read some hairloss forums where guys also got dry Eyes from finasteride some get it early and some alot later "years of use" I read one guy used finasteride for 5 years developed dry Eyes quit the pill hes been off for years now and his Eyes are still dry its permanent...I read a guy taking fina for 1 month and he said he developed severely dry Eyes and he stopped...exactly what happaned to me..and many guys on "propeciahelp.com" they also have experienced dry Eyes... this is why I wont ever use finasteride again...I actually started using proscar at 1.25mg for 14 Days then I got Dizzy and lightheaded...then I tried normal finasteride started at 0.5mg for 3 weeks then I took 1mg for 1 week and then at the end of that week developed "severely dry Eyes" ...this is the reason why I jumped on RU and minoxidill but no luck with the treatments so far...im hoping your naturall regime works...or else im just doomed to be bald and it ****ing sucks -_-
  • 07-24-2015 10:28 PM
    Herbaliser
    The reason started this treatment was because me and my wife started green juicing, because her and my hair got thicker after a wile.
    I read about the benefits of coriander http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cilantro.htmland and coconut milk http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut.html (high in manganese)

Therefore i thought why not use it on the scalp, due to the enzymes and the oxidation progress.
    Many states that they tried the natural way by using synthetic supplements biotin etc..., but you cant gain the complexity as a simple herb like coriander for example.
    You cant fool your body with snake oil supplements, since your body docent know how to digest it as pure naturals does.

The funny part is that you cant patent natural resources https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipB1pxkz9Mo
    This video for example pissed me off, since the pharma companies are using us and the FDA like puppets and we are buying in since fin and other chemicals are approved to gain money from our desperation.

Kind off a spin off about "conspiracy" but it triggered me to prove that pure naturals does work, but i can´t prove it since there is no evidence behind it and will never be.
  • 07-24-2015 11:08 PM
    Soonbald
    well..there is a guy on Youtube saying he had a receeded hairline and thinning at the back...he did "scalp exercises" for 7 months and he got baby hairs growing on his hairline..now he says his hair is the same as when he was "15" lol he then started using coconut oil and emu oil on his scalp....not sure what to Believe but the guy is really smart I have noticed... its like that guy tom hagrety that did the scalp exercises for 9 months and stopped his hairloss...the guy on youtube said he had a very tight scalp and now its looser so it helped to regrow his hair back..but my scalp is not tight its never been I can move it pretty good back and forward by flexing my scalp muscles...he got lucky thats how I see it...it dont work for all guys at all "I have read"....I saw a guy on a forum using only emu oil+castor oil and he got new hairs growing on his hairline he even posted Before and after photos... and then we have these guys saying they stopped masturbating and their hairloss stopped and they grew back their hair...one guy said he stopped masturbating for 1 year and his hair has grown back...I have read a few of these comments/posts...it does seem to work for some guys its not impossible...the IDEA here is to try to stop hairloss WITHOUT reducing a male sex hormone by 70% thats just stupid in my book..since DHT has other functions in the body other than maintaining healthy sex drive and strong erections...people wouldnt experience mentall side effects and other stuff otherwise... and in my case "dry Eyes" from finasteride use...when you mess with your hormones it can cause problems...for some it dont seem to cause much problems at all...but some guys can really get ****ed up by it...the problem with us balding guys isnt that we got too much DHT its that our hair folicles are just sensitive to the DHT...this is a genetic defect...but this doesnt mean that we should take a pill that reduces our male sex hormone by as much as 70% and making our dht receptors everywhere in the body malfunction and not work properly to take in that DHT...but sure when you are desperate you are desperate I cant argue with you guys on that...since I did try finasteride TWO TIMES....and now I use this RU that isnt even considered "SAFE" one guy seems to have gotten heart failure from RU and hes gonna die now thats what he said he posted it on goodlookingloser forum...some guys say they got red Eyes and chest pains from RU...I havent experienced anything and I have put 250mg of RU on my scalp many times already..most guys seem to only use 50-100-150mg I pretty much double that...anyway im gonna give this naturall treatment herbaliser has shared with us and if it works it works if it doesnt work it doesnt work at least I gave it a shot!
  • 07-24-2015 11:10 PM
    Soonbald
    btw herbaliser..im gonna buy myself a "juicer"soon.. would you be so kind to tell me what exactly you put in the juicer ? what kind of green stuff u put in there? I wanna make a healthy drink everyday combined with the topicall treatment too ofc!
  • 07-24-2015 11:17 PM
    Herbaliser
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is when i noticed my new hair growing.
  • 07-24-2015 11:37 PM
    Herbaliser
    I´m using this one since it juices green leaves without a problem: http://www.safter.se/home/129-sana-juicer.html
    And this is how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_blZvAS1SeA

I put in cucumber, celery (high in silica) and spinach, kale for there vitamin recourse.
  • 07-24-2015 11:37 PM
    Soonbald
    great to see its working for you!...the thing is that our hair folicles are being choked to Death by DHT...but if we give it more nutrients "topically" in this case it will be able to survive longer and even grow stronger...makes sense...we either block DHT or try to give the hair folicles more vitamins and such to stay alive and get stronger...
  • 07-24-2015 11:41 PM
    Soonbald
    wow thats one expensive machine right there haha im not sure I wanna spend that much on a juicer tbh...I will get a cheaper one and hopefully it will work decently... but thanks anyway I wont buy the cheapest thats for sure...but sure in the long run it will pay off I bet...I could buy it...but only if it would make my hair grow back because thats my goal here xD
  • 07-24-2015 11:54 PM
    Herbaliser
    The juicer is mostly for our health in overall.
    You can stick with the topical remedy and chlorella powder, since they are the main key for the hair.
  • 07-24-2015 11:56 PM
    Soonbald
    yes thats what I was thinking :P but im still gonna buy a juicer :)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth