Chill out

Printable View

• 03-02-2013 12:07 PM
    Aeroes
    Chill out
    I have only been on this forum for a couple of weeks. All I see is negativity and a bunch of guys with vagina's - select few don't.

I see things like this on the forum.

"YOU HAVE BAD GENETICS, DON'T HAVE KIDS..." - your have the complete wrong idea about life.

"GIRLS WONT TALK TO ME BECAUSE I WONT TALK TO THEM BECAUSE I THINK THEY'LL HATE ME BECAUSE I'M LOSING MY HAIR" - If you don't put in the effort you'll never know, you don't have anything to lose except trying. Grow a pair. I'm happy to give advice, but atleast try.

"OMG RECEEDING HAIRLINE, CROWN BALDING, MY HAIRS THINNING..IM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Your not going to die everything is going to be ok. "

"MY HAIRS FALLING OUT..OH WAIT EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH ME. I HAVE THIS SPOT ON MY LEFT ANKLE..OMG IM UGLY I NEED RECORRECTIVE SURGERY" - What are you a girl or something, seriously. Wow I get that MPB is hard and it does affect your confidence, but it doesn't mean you have to aim for this unrealistic image of a ken doll. Women like real men, unless your a 14 year old girl listening to justin bieber or one direction.

There is so much negative energy floating around on these forums, it's easy to become cynical ect. But postive energy goes a long way. There will be a cure for this soon, look how fast technology is moving. But ranting and hating the world isn't going to get you far.
  • 03-02-2013 12:58 PM
    PayDay
    Great post! There are really only two or three people who write that type of extremely negative crap and their posts reak of severe mental illness.

I've been dealing with hair loss from more years than I care to remember, but as low as Ive gotten about it, I never thought of myself as a victim and ALWAYS appreciated the things I have in life.

The extreme negativity that I see on all hair loss forums is just counterproductive. The few really negative people who post on BTT are in desperate need of psychiatric care. One absolutely has one of the worst cases of bdd that I have ever seen documented on a hair loss forum. lol

These people want everyone else to feel as low about themselves as they do. You just have to ignore it and don't feed into it. They just crave the attention. People like this walk around extremely timid in real life. They use the forums as an outlet to spread their hatred or whatever, because they have no power in real life. It's pathetic, these saps should just be ignored.

Great post Aeros!
  • 03-02-2013 01:38 PM
    Aames
    We have every right to be angry and depressed. Life can never be care-free for us. Pretending everything is sunshine and flowers is just deluding yourself. We have been born with a serious genetic defect and must take drastic measures in hopes of leading a semi-normal life. Nothing your "enlightened" self or anyone else says will ever change this. But go on and keep pretending that your suppression of emotions and frustration makes you a macho hardass.
  • 03-02-2013 01:48 PM
    Aeroes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    We have every right to be angry and depressed. Life can never be care-free for us. Pretending everything is sunshine and flowers is just deluding yourself. We have been born with a serious genetic defect and must take drastic measures in hopes of leading a semi-normal life. Nothing your "enlightened" self or anyone else says will ever change this. But go on and keep pretending that your suppression of emotions and frustration makes you a macho hardass.

I never said you couldn't be upset about it, of course MPB is depressing and a massive impact on how you feel. Though bringing other people down and being cynical putting out that because MPB "genetic defect" does not mean you give up on life and be a girls blouse. I'm not trying to be a "Macho Hardass", your waiting for some hair on your head before you can live your life. Sure it helps and we all want it, but I was clearing stating that positive reinforcement goes a lot further. This should be a support network for guys/girls to talk give advice, not be angry trolls on every post.
  • 03-02-2013 01:49 PM
    Aeroes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Great post! There are really only two or three people who write that type of extremely negative crap and their posts reak of severe mental illness.

I've been dealing with hair loss from more years than I care to remember, but as low as Ive gotten about it, I never thought of myself as a victim and ALWAYS appreciated the things I have in life.

The extreme negativity that I see on all hair loss forums is just counterproductive. The few really negative people who post on BTT are in desperate need of psychiatric care. One absolutely has one of the worst cases of bdd that I have ever seen documented on a hair loss forum. lol

These people want everyone else to feel as low about themselves as they do. You just have to ignore it and don't feed into it. They just crave the attention. People like this walk around extremely timid in real life. They use the forums as an outlet to spread their hatred or whatever, because they have no power in real life. It's pathetic, these saps should just be ignored.

Great post Aeros!

Glad you agree :-)
  • 03-02-2013 02:12 PM
    PayDay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aames View Post

Since most men will lose their hair eventually, It really isn't a genetic defect, but I do understand how it can feel that way. I know it did for me.:)

I don't think anyone is trying to be a "macho hardass". These are just the cards we've been dealt and most normal people would just prefer to live in a positive space than be so negative like the few angry trolls that post here. I say, if you're angry at life, stop taking it out on people who are not. If you can't deal with your situation, go seek some help, don't try to bring everyone else down with you.
  • 03-02-2013 08:53 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    This should be a support network for guys/girls to talk give advice, not be angry trolls on every post.

Sadly, this forum has become a cesspool of angry trolls. Even more sadly, it's just a few bad apples who are spoiling the whole bunch.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM