Baldness and anger

Printable View

• 12-01-2015 04:47 PM
    jamesst11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Because that's why women get into relationships in the first place, personality.

This explains why funny 5'5 balding ugly guys with great personalities all have supermodel girlfriends.

Fred,
    Not all bald dudes are unattractive bro... even at 5'7-5'8 I know some good looking bald dudes with hot girlfriends, none of which are conspiring to **** a NW1 behind their back. This is the truth man. End of argument.
  • 12-01-2015 04:53 PM
    fred970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Fred,
    Not all bald dudes are unattractive bro... even at 5'7-5'8 I know some good looking bald dudes with hot girlfriends, none of which are conspiring to **** a NW1 behind their back. This is the truth man. End of argument.

These guys are exceptions, obviously. No girl has a bald man in mind when she imagines her future boyfriend.
  • 12-01-2015 05:30 PM
    jamesst11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    These guys are exceptions, obviously. No girl has a bald man in mind when she imagines her future boyfriend.

except the rock, vin diesel, jason stathom... etc.... if you gotta be bald, try to get a tan, dress nice, and keep in shape, oh and get cranial reconstruction if you have a weird head shape, and become a billionaire and maybe jaw reconstruction... f*ck it, you're right. I hate this sh*t
  • 12-01-2015 05:39 PM
    fred970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    except the rock, vin diesel, jason stathom... etc.... if you gotta be bald, try to get a tan, dress nice, and keep in shape, oh and get cranial reconstruction if you have a weird head shape, and become a billionaire and maybe jaw reconstruction... f*ck it, you're right. I hate this sh*t

Become filthy rich, huge, tanned, a musician, a poet, an actor, a writer, a CEO, a chef, a humanitarian. All these at the same time... then girls won't care if you're bald!

Yeah! Hope! Positivity! What are you waiting for? Start making money, lifting, singing, playing, acting, writing, cooking and working for charities!

Oh you don't want to do all that? Then you're lazy and you deserve to be single! No wonder no woman wants to be with you, it's not your baldness, it's just that you're lazy!

I'm caricaturing. A little. Or am I?
  • 12-01-2015 06:05 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    In my case hair loss definitely causes anger. I have provoked arguments with my gf over this shit. It is the worst when I am getting ready to go out and I see my effed up hair in the mirror. I am no super model, but am fine with every other feature on my body except my hair. It is just really hard to pull off a good look when you are bald/balding. Whether in a suit or dressing casual my effed up hair never looks good. I keep myself in good shape and try to eat right and sometimes I think what the **** is the point.
  • 12-01-2015 06:13 PM
    fred970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    In my case hair loss definitely causes anger. I have provoked arguments with my gf over this shit.

And that's one of the reasons I will probably never tell my girlfriend I have suffered from hair loss.
  • 12-02-2015 08:43 AM
    ElocT9
    I consider myself to be conceited and have always have to look good for my job each morning... my thinning hair can sometimes really freak me out in mornings. This happens especially when I did not get enough sleep and ruin my whole day. Sometimes wished that wigs would not so obvious for some reason because I sometimes even have the strange desire to wear one.
  • 12-02-2015 01:56 PM
    MrBald
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMX View Post
    Yes it's hard, have you considered a transplant in the future? I know it's hard to talk about, but once you share your feelings with friends/family it will be a bit of a relief, them knowing why you're upset... Have you shaved your head? Just curious...

Yes I want to do a hair transplant, I am going to go for consultations soon, but my problem is to afford the transplant. I don't have a job, actually I am to depressed for working, and my baldness is a huge reason for that.

No I have no problems talking about my baldness, I have the opposite problem, I complain about my baldness for my family/girlfriend all the time. Sometimes I wonder how they have energy to hear me. And yes, I have shaved my hair for more or less 15 years.

I guess it would be easier for me to accept my baldness if it wasn't for the fact that I am a musician. I play guitar and sing, and that has always been an important part of my life. But since my baldness has gone so far now (nw5-nw6) I have totally lost my motivation to do that anymore. Its no fun to stand on a stage when you hate the way you look. And I am so endlessly tired of those ****ing hats I have been wearing.. Totally depressing.

Thanks for asking man, and again - glad you are able to cope with this.
  • 01-11-2016 11:53 PM
    oddshapedhead
    im 5'7, have a weird shaped head and also have structural kyphosis. my old man is bald and his dad and his dad etc etc. i started experiencing hair loss mid 20's (im lucky in this regard). at first i was extremely brave like most guys and just said "well if it happens it happens" but as it got worse i was faced with the reality of living my life without hair and it absolutely crushed me. having something taken away from you that you were born with is one of the most humiliating things especially as its out of your control. knowing that my options for future partners has greatly diminished (the pool wasnt that great to begin with), knowing that ill now be the short lonely weird hunchback bald guy, knowing that most women wont ever give me a second glance, knowing that your mates secretly pity you, knowing that your image has to now completely change...things like this can destroy a man.

ive lived a life full of physical pain due to my back, my back has also caused many mental issues due to being perceived as lazy and unattractive due to not being able to have perfect posture, the pain and torture has been NOTHING compared to what hair loss has done to me. both are due to genetics but losing my hair has been such an intimate experience, constantly checking the mirror in the early stages to see the progress of the loss, going to sleep telling yourself that it might stop, lying to myself about how people perceive bald people... its constant.

if you havent experienced hair loss to the point where its on your mind 24/7 then you just havent experienced hair loss.

the worst thing about this situation is that men are just supposed to get on with it, mens pain means nothing compared to womens. theres no where except places like this where we can go and discuss how we feel.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM