• 05-15-2013 01:22 PM
    JFols
    Mpb link with heart disease
    I was told I have chronic telogen effluvium when I was 16, possibly from IBS left unntreated, even to this day, and was told that it has morphed into mpb. I'm now 19, still only a norwood 2 but can sense prgression and hair sheds from all over. I have no balding in my family , and still shed loads of hair despite now being on fin for a year, so I'm pretty sure it's largely my failure to find what's triggering my ibs. However, I have largely accepted my hair loss, but an very worried about the link to heart disease. Forgetting what's causing it I've read the reports saying severe veryex balding by the age of 30 results in up to 80 per cent increased chance or coronary heart disease, mild balding 40 per cent. However I could potentially be at that stage by 25, and to have mpb at 16/17 must mean I have a huge chance of developing heart disease. I feel like I can't win, and that even if I look after myself, Tay at a healthy weight, I'm still destined for heart problems. Basically I'm just looking for reassurance, has anyone else suffered so young and gone on to live log and healthy? Feel so unmotivated :( hopefully by the time I'm 50 odd heart disease will be all but cured by this stem cell stuff, but you never know, hope you guys can help!
  • 05-15-2013 01:30 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JFols View Post
    I was told I have chronic telogen effluvium when I was 16, possibly from IBS left unntreated, even to this day, and was told that it has morphed into mpb. I'm now 19, still only a norwood 2 but can sense prgression and hair sheds from all over. I have no balding in my family , and still shed loads of hair despite now being on fin for a year, so I'm pretty sure it's largely my failure to find what's triggering my ibs. However, I have largely accepted my hair loss, but an very worried about the link to heart disease. Forgetting what's causing it I've read the reports saying severe veryex balding by the age of 30 results in up to 80 per cent increased chance or coronary heart disease, mild balding 40 per cent. However I could potentially be at that stage by 25, and to have mpb at 16/17 must mean I have a huge chance of developing heart disease. I feel like I can't win, and that even if I look after myself, Tay at a healthy weight, I'm still destined for heart problems. Basically I'm just looking for reassurance, has anyone else suffered so young and gone on to live log and healthy? Feel so unmotivated :( hopefully by the time I'm 50 odd heart disease will be all but cured by this stem cell stuff, but you never know, hope you guys can help!

My maternal grandfather is nearly 90 and NW7 bald. He has no disease, no diabetes, no heart disease, no hypertension etc.
  • 05-15-2013 01:57 PM
    JFols
    Thank you sir, was he young when it started? Even so it's heartening to see someone who likely had it a long time is so healthy, as the assumption that the longer you live with it the higher the chance if heart disease, is what my worries are based on! Thanks
  • 05-15-2013 02:26 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JFols View Post
    Thank you sir, was he young when it started? Even so it's heartening to see someone who likely had it a long time is so healthy, as the assumption that the longer you live with it the higher the chance if heart disease, is what my worries are based on! Thanks

I don't know when he started balding, but I guess he must be pretty young, because my mom says that she has never seen her father with hair :)!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM