• 12-15-2018 06:49 PM
    DJR71
    4 Attachment(s)
    Brand New Transplant - 2000 grafts
    I debated this for 2 years as my hair slowly thinned. I was 35 or later before I noticed hair loss. I finally pulled the plug and will post my progress photos for public consumption. I am starting this at the end of post op day 2. Here are pics so far. Attachment 60261Attachment 60262Attachment 60263Attachment 60264Attachment 60261Attachment 60262Attachment 60263Attachment 60264
  • 12-15-2018 06:54 PM
    DJR71
    3 Attachment(s)
    Day 1 post op
    Attachment 60265Attachment 60266Attachment 60267The first pictures are immediately post op. Here are day 1 photos.
  • 12-15-2018 06:56 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day 2 post op pics
    Here are day 2 post op photos
  • 12-16-2018 02:42 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day three post op
    Day three. Not much change. Skin still a bit inflamed. Minor itchiness. If you are thinking about doing an HT and have questions please ask.
  • 12-17-2018 07:37 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day four post op
    Day four. Things are starting to heal and itching going down.
  • 12-18-2018 04:40 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day five post op
    Attachment 60301Attachment 60302Day five. Redness is mostly gone. Donor area is still a little raw and itchy. The grafts stemmed to heal more quickly than the back.
  • 12-19-2018 01:28 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day six post op
    Day six and tomorrow I can rub the scabs off in the shower! Big milestone.
  • 12-20-2018 10:53 AM
    HairGuru
    This is awesome, I wish you the best.
  • 12-20-2018 12:03 PM
    DJR71
    Thanks. I plan to post every day for the first week then every week for awhile. Stay tuned.
  • 12-20-2018 02:48 PM
    DJR71
    3 Attachment(s)
    Day seven post op
    Day seven. Big milestone day. Today I shampooed gently trying to get scabs gone. Pretty much all redness gone. Still some soreness. The first pic is how I wear it when I go out. It pretty much covers the grafts. My girlfriend says she doesn’t even notice it.
  • 12-22-2018 06:26 AM
    DJR71
    3 Attachment(s)
    Day nine post op
    Day nine and pretty much all scabs rubbed out. Because I did shaveless FUE, I can fully cover the grafts. Almost all soreness is gone.
  • 12-22-2018 12:01 PM
    HairGuru
    Hey looking awesome.
  • 12-22-2018 12:17 PM
    Jason Donavon
    Hello,
    I was thinking of getting a hair transplant just doing some research at the moment, not sure which surgeon to use or country lot of posts about Turkey but people saying be very careful. I like your results real good for a short time not sure which surgeon you used, any information would be very much appreciated as I continue my current research.
    Best wishes Jason
  • 12-22-2018 02:53 PM
    DJR71
    Jason,
    I used a doctor in Georgia named Dr. Daniel Danyo. It’s a small boutique shop where he does most of the work. He hand cores the grafts without the use of an automated machine so it takes a little longer. Then he uses a little pen like insertion method that keeps him from having to make scalpel incisions. The whole thing took almost 12 hours, which is longer than average but he and his staff were great. Hope that helps. This was my first HT and I’m 47. I’m open to any questions you might have.
  • 12-26-2018 03:29 AM
    Hersh
    Hey, looking great & thanks for sharing your updates.

Could i ask if you are taking finasteride/using Minoxidil?
  • 12-26-2018 05:03 AM
    DJR71
    I have used Min for the last year and it works for me. So even though I had to stop a week before HT and couldn’t restart until a week after, I plan to continue use of Min. As for Fin...HELL NO! I tried it one year ago and it felt like castration. I lost all sex drive, couldn’t get erections, and felt a pinching pain in my testicals. I only used Fin for 3 weeks but the symptoms lasted for almost two months after I quit. I would urge everyone to be very cautious with Fin. It is a powerful drug. That said, I saw results from Fin right away. It works and if you don’t feel side effects, good for you.
  • 12-27-2018 06:25 AM
    DJR71
    3 Attachment(s)
    Two weeks post op
    Two week mark and not much has changed. The hairs haven’t shed yet. I have resumed minoxidil. As you can see in the first photo the short grafted hairs are easily covered.
  • 01-03-2019 06:43 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    Week 3 post op
    Week 3 and the shedding may have started but hard to tell. Here are updated pics.
  • 01-10-2019 03:19 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    4 weeks post op
    It’s been 4 weeks since my HT and it does seem some shedding has begun.
  • 01-10-2019 10:01 PM
    keeponplucking2
    Awesome, such quick recovery! Took me 6 months to look normal again.
  • 01-11-2019 03:24 AM
    DJR71
    How do you feel yours looks now? How long ago did you have it done?
  • 01-17-2019 01:14 PM
    DJR71
    3 Attachment(s)
    5 weeks post op
    Week 5 post op and the shedding is in full force. Seems like 75% of the grafted hairs have fallen out. I’m guessing it will be March before new growth starts coming in and the summer before I see significant results.
  • 01-25-2019 04:48 AM
    DJR71
    For those of you that have been following my HT updates, this is week six. There are no new pics because there is nothing new to show. The shedding is complete and my guess is it will be another 2 months before I see new growth. I my post 2 and 3 month update pics.
  • 01-30-2019 03:20 PM
    Ernegz
    We can't see too much wit these post op, however, it will be really interesting to see the results a year later.
  • 02-17-2019 01:12 PM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    10 weeks post op
    Attachment 61270Attachment 61271It’s almost 10 weeks post op and although not much has changed I have started seeing some small new hairs sprouting. You probably won’t see much improvement from the photos but since it’s been a month I thought I would give an update.
  • 02-20-2019 11:51 AM
    mriordan23
    Enjoying this thread thanks for the updates
  • 03-06-2019 05:07 AM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    3 month update
    Attachment 61554Attachment 61555Here is the 3 month update. Hoping there’s a lot more growth to come. 🤞🏻
  • 03-09-2019 01:07 AM
    Dominik Kahan
    Guys, forgive me, but the result is clearly visible, but what other stimulants that stimulate hair growth besides transplantation are you using?
  • 03-09-2019 02:05 AM
    DJR71
    Minoxidil
  • 03-11-2019 12:50 PM
    BlakeSmith
    Looking good for the first week. Your gf is right. The way you style your hair, you can hardly tell, especially to someone who has no clue about this stuff. the soreness will get better and better every week. I hope you have a great result and keep us posted. Best!
  • 03-12-2019 08:05 AM
    DJR71
    Thanks Blake Smith. When did you see the most growth? Month 3 to 4?
  • 03-12-2019 10:36 AM
    BlakeSmith
    I actually have not had a transplant. I am on a Medical regiment to prolong or possibly prevent further loss. I am 27 and still have a lot of hair, so I am hoping to keep most of it if I can. Fingers crossed!

I am a Consultant for Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX. I follow up with all of our patients because this is something that is completely new for people who decide to move forward with a transplant. There are a lot of variables for growth and everyone is different. I've seen some patients have growth around months 3&4 that others don't see till months 5&6. Everyone is different and so is the timeframe. The earliest timeframe I have seen the biggest improvements have been around months 8&9 when about 80% of that growth has come in. The full growth cycle of a transplant is about 12 to 18 months so you still have a lot of time left. It takes patience but growth will continue to improve every month. The biggest indication of growth is "stubble" it almost feels like when you don't shave your beard for a few days and the hairs are rough like sandpaper. Those are the new follicles initial growth in the transplanted area. All the grafts will not grow in at the same time, so keep that in mind. This is why it takes time to get a better idea of the final outcome. So far it looks like you are off to a great start.

Make sure to reach out to your clinic and physician for follow-ups. They are very important. They are also the best ones to ask any questions you have because they know you and your case better than any of us online.

Keep us posted on your results and I wish you the best!
  • 03-20-2019 01:37 PM
    farsanUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakeSmith View Post
    I actually have not had a transplant. I am on a Medical regiment to prolong or possibly prevent further loss. I am 27 and still have a lot of hair, so I am hoping to keep most of it if I can. Fingers crossed!

I am a Consultant for Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX. I follow up with all of our patients because this is something that is completely new for people who decide to move forward with a transplant. There are a lot of variables for growth and everyone is different. I've seen some patients have growth around months 3&4 that others don't see till months 5&6. Everyone is different and so is the timeframe. The earliest timeframe I have seen the biggest improvements have been around months 8&9 when about 80% of that growth has come in. The full growth cycle of a transplant is about 12 to 18 months so you still have a lot of time left. It takes patience but growth will continue to improve every month. The biggest indication of growth is "stubble" it almost feels like when you don't shave your beard for a few days and the hairs are rough like sandpaper. Those are the new follicles initial growth in the transplanted area. All the grafts will not grow in at the same time, so keep that in mind. This is why it takes time to get a better idea of the final outcome. So far it looks like you are off to a great start.

Make sure to reach out to your clinic and physician for follow-ups. They are very important. They are also the best ones to ask any questions you have because they know you and your case better than any of us online.

Keep us posted on your results and I wish you the best!

Blake.
    From all the patients you have experienced in yours or Dr. Arocha's opinion at what month on average do you see the last of the hairs popping through the skin. The crown is another interesting topic, I hear alot of people talking about how the crown tends to take longer to come through. Is there any truth in that? and if so why ?
  • 04-10-2019 05:28 AM
    DJR71
    2 Attachment(s)
    4 months post op
    Just over 4 months. Clearly see new hair but still not nearly dense enough. What do you guys think?
  • 06-01-2021 01:26 PM
    brwry
    Very interested in how this turned out. Any updates or recent pictures? I'm in Georgia and so am interested in Dr. Danyo as a potential for my procedure. WOuld love to get any feedback you might have.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth