• 10-26-2013 07:49 AM
    Thinning87
    thanks for posting, although the article doesn't say anything new
  • 10-26-2013 08:05 AM
    Artha
    What that Jahoda/Christiano discovers that we didn't know already?
  • 10-26-2013 02:31 PM
    Jazz1
    What ever these geeks are doing I hope something comes out soon!!!
  • 10-27-2013 06:38 AM
    Artha
    The Vancouver Sun article is new and legit as posted on the official Replicel twitter account!

https://twitter.com/RepliCel
  • 10-29-2013 05:37 AM
    Artha
    Replicel explain their procedure in this new panel.
    http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...re-graphic.jpg
  • 10-29-2013 01:57 PM
    Sogeking
    The problem lies in the 6th step. They are anticipating that this cells will migrate to the dormant ones. And even if they do, there are no growth factors like fibroblasts to kickstart basically to induce this cells to start growing the new hair. Cells on their own, without us knowing which gen can induce their development into a hair follicle, won't start producing new hair. Well at least not in any significant amount.
  • 10-30-2013 01:38 PM
    moore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    thanks for posting, although the article doesn't say anything new

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artha View Post
    What that Jahoda/Christiano discovers that we didn't know already?

Yeah sorry I wrote in a hurry. My point was, I thought Replicel representatives felt like they had to say something after this article.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    The problem lies in the 6th step. They are anticipating that this cells will migrate to the dormant ones. And even if they do, there are no growth factors like fibroblasts to kickstart basically to induce this cells to start growing the new hair. Cells on their own, without us knowing which gen can induce their development into a hair follicle, won't start producing new hair. Well at least not in any significant amount.

Well I used to be quite positive about the Replicel method.
    Now I wonder about 6th step myself. And my big question remains the same:
    ->How is something injected in the scalp, apparently in a random spot, supposed to know where to go? How is it supposed to reach exactly certain tissues?<-
    And, even more:
    How is the same compound supposed to be able to both stimulate old follicles as well as instigate the creation of new ones? (folliculogenesis?)
    Maybe I'm just talking of stuff I don't know anything about. Some people spend years just to be able to use the right scientific terminology. I did not, and still I try to elaborate on matters which defied research for decades.
  • 10-30-2013 03:46 PM
    TheSwingingGate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moore View Post
    How is the same compound supposed to be able to both stimulate old follicles as well as instigate the creation of new ones?

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20130204238

This Follica patent describes a similar process of stimulating and creating new follicles. Interesting.
  • 11-04-2013 02:40 AM
    crafter
    This on Replicel's website

http://www.replicel.com/a-cure-for-b...stant-to-loss/

This quote is interesting -

"But RepliCel’s plan isn’t to bring its cell cloning all the way to market, Hall says. Rather, it wants to prove the effectiveness of the technology in the hopes it will be purchased by another company."
  • 11-04-2013 01:27 PM
    Thinning87
    How is that interesting

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen