• 10-22-2019 06:12 AM
    daryll40
    How Do I REALLY Apply Minoxidil?
    I'm a late 50s guy with a full head of now thinning/shedding hair. I decided to try Minoxidil (the Equate generic at Walmart) and it actually seems to be working...I see a fuller head of hair after about 3 months. I have some questions about how to use it, however.

After I shower in the morning, I towel dry my hair (but it's still somewhat wet) then apply the Minoxidil with a dropper and rub it in with my fingers to the entire top of my head (where the thinning is seen). Then I comb my hair, wash my hands and let the hair finish drying by air drying. I've read conflicting reports...that the scalp (and I assume hair on it) should be TOTALLY DRY before applying. I've also read that some moisture/dampness helps spread the Minoxidil and helps absorption. Which is correct?

The second application is a problem. My hair gets greasy/oily if I apply products to it. Applying the second Minoxidil application during the afternoon causes my hair to look oily/unkept. (Unless I shower first...which is not practical). If I wait to do the second application before going to bed, I read I must wait a few hours for everything to dry. That, too, is not practical. Or is it OK to apply before bed and whatever gets on the pillow gets on the pillow? I don't like the idea of Minoxidil getting on my face as I toss and turn during the night.

Another question is that I read that Minoxidil lasts for 22 hours. And some people only apply once a day, which would be perfect for me. Is that really true? Will it still work if only applied, say, in the morning, out of the shower. And if so, should my hair be blow dry first or can it be moist/damp/wet?

How should I REALLY do this?
  • 10-22-2019 09:41 AM
    Spex
    Hey ,

Best get the foam version as much easier to apply. great site for minoxidil foam

Only need apply it once a day as in my opinion do not need two applications based on patient feedback.

Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
  • 10-22-2019 10:52 AM
    daryll40
    Thank you so much for the reply. I’d still like to know the answer to using the liquid once a day. And if the hair should be damp, dry, or doesn’t matter.
  • 10-22-2019 02:46 PM
    Spex
    Doesn’t matter.

Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How can I promote my own business?
08-31-2022 01:29 PM