FUE into scar

Printable View

• 02-09-2017 06:20 PM
    JustShaveIt
    FUE into scar
    I had a scar from ear to ear from 4 x HT's in my mid 20s. I'm in my late 30's and like some men the HT didn't work out as I wanted it. Last year I had a trichophytic procedure done to decrease the size of the scar. Unfortunately no previous photos of the scar prior or post trichophytic. Last month out of curiosity I shaved my head to see it would look like shaved and I was fairly happy with how little the scar was in comparison to its original size. After I shaved my head I thought... now what? FUE into the scar?

Today Jan 9 2017 I just had my FUE into the scar. Approx 544 grafts into the scar. With a total cost of $4200. I was given 44 grafts free of charge for some reason. :confused: ...and $14 for all day parking. The procedure was a total of 5 hours.

I will be updating the post op recovery every few days with photos. I've been told that the transplanted hair will fall out and start regrowing after 2-4 weeks and approx 4 to 5 months from now will have hull hair recovery. I will continue to grow my hair till June where I will then shave my head again to see the completed out come.
  • 02-09-2017 06:22 PM
    JustShaveIt
  • 02-09-2017 06:47 PM
    JustShaveIt
  • 02-09-2017 10:51 PM
    Rizaan
    Great.
    I have a question: why do you say the HT didn't work for you?
    i'm almost 21 and am considering getting a hair transplant done. I've read a lot that you should only do a HT after 30 as you will keep losing hair. But I can't wait till then living like this. I'm thinking, I'll get my temples covered as well as make my frontal area more dense (it's a bit thin there now).
    I'm a NW2 with a bit thin hair. If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?
  • 02-10-2017 04:34 AM
    JeanlucBergman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Great.
    i'm almost 21 and am considering getting a hair transplant done. I've read a lot that you should only do a HT after 30 as you will keep losing hair. But I can't wait till then living like this. I'm thinking, I'll get my temples covered as well as make my frontal area more dense (it's a bit thin there now).
    I'm a NW2 with a bit thin hair. If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?

This is why FUT IS NOT the gold standard.
  • 02-10-2017 06:26 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

Great.

You're NW2 now but who knows what will happen in 15 years from now. I started losing my hair around 21 or 22 and it was noticeable at 24 as my hair line had drastically decreased. The turning point for me was when I was moving back home after I broke up with my GF. I was removing the bed and noticed how much hair I shed in such a short period of time living there. It looked like a dog was living in the room! My self confidence and self worth was practically falling apart and shattered. By hair loss was eating at me and I had to do something about it. Funny, I started shaving my head at the age of 14 and for no other reason simply because I didn't know how to style my hair when I was younger. - (No one ****ed with me in school because at the time shaving your head was not a fad and only skinheads did it.)- But there I was in my mid 20's all of a sudden wanting to have long hair.. WTF? I was much better off shaving my head however I was in complete denial, depressed and desperate so I did my first HT at 25 or 26. At that time I was NW4 which was same as my dad, however years later now show that I was always a 5a in the works. I believe I had 3 more HT's in following years which gave me temporary confidence back till I i turned roughly 33 when reality hit me.. it hit me ****ing hard. See after the initial HT I stopped using propecia within the first 4 months of using it due to side affects and my hair continued falling out.

I spent a thousands of hard earned dollars getting the HT's and now I'm spending thousands more trying to at least decrease the scar and either shave it with no clip or maybe clip 1 or 2 depending on the FUE results. It's just a matter of time to see the final results. Approx. June of this year will be the determining factor for my next steps.

I can not tell you what to do or what not to do. I can only share my story and people can make their own decisions based on what they've learned. Just remember this, there are just as many individuals with great successful HT stories as there are that weren't so successful.

Photo of me at 33

http://i.imgur.com/P71w7pK.jpg
  • 02-11-2017 03:48 PM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

If I do get a HT done next year, and it'll take a couple of months to see the result, how long do you think I will last with a good amount of hair until I need to get another HT done?

It will take about a yr to see the full result
    But if, or when you keep losing more hair , you have to decide if you want to keep going back for more HT's or live with it. That's when people relaize a HT can never give you the density you had as a teenager
  • 02-14-2017 03:42 PM
    WHTC Clinic
    Thanks for sharing, JustShaveIt. It is a very personal decision when considering cosmetic surgery.
  • 02-17-2017 02:11 PM
    JustShaveIt
  • 02-18-2017 11:30 PM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    You're NW2 now but who knows what will happen in 15 years from now. I started losing my hair around 21 or 22 and it was noticeable at 24 as my hair line had drastically decreased. The turning point for me was when I was moving back home after I broke up with my GF. I was removing the bed and noticed how much hair I shed in such a short period of time living there. It looked like a dog was living in the room! My self confidence and self worth was practically falling apart and shattered. By hair loss was eating at me and I had to do something about it. Funny, I started shaving my head at the age of 14 and for no other reason simply because I didn't know how to style my hair when I was younger. - (No one ****ed with me in school because at the time shaving your head was not a fad and only skinheads did it.)- But there I was in my mid 20's all of a sudden wanting to have long hair.. WTF? I was much better off shaving my head however I was in complete denial, depressed and desperate so I did my first HT at 25 or 26. At that time I was NW4 which was same as my dad, however years later now show that I was always a 5a in the works. I believe I had 3 more HT's in following years which gave me temporary confidence back till I i turned roughly 33 when reality hit me.. it hit me ****ing hard. See after the initial HT I stopped using propecia within the first 4 months of using it due to side affects and my hair continued falling out.

I spent a thousands of hard earned dollars getting the HT's and now I'm spending thousands more trying to at least decrease the scar and either shave it with no clip or maybe clip 1 or 2 depending on the FUE results. It's just a matter of time to see the final results. Approx. June of this year will be the determining factor for my next steps.

I can not tell you what to do or what not to do. I can only share my story and people can make their own decisions based on what they've learned. Just remember this, there are just as many individuals with great successful HT stories as there are that weren't so successful.

Photo of me at 33

http://i.imgur.com/P71w7pK.jpg

Normally, the hair at the back of your head is DHT resistant. So how exactly did you continue losing your transplanted hair on the top of your scalp?
    What do you think about PRP? Have you considered Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
  • 02-19-2017 01:03 PM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

Normally, the hair at the back of your head is DHT resistant. So how exactly did you continue losing your transplanted hair on the top of your scalp?

It's not the transplanted hair on the top that you lose , it's the hair on the top that wasn't transplanted , Unless you take propecia to maintain the existing hair , there is a very strong possibility the remaining hair will fall out . Hence the decision needs to be made to go back and get another HT , to fill in what you lost , or live with it . That's when we realize its a never ending cycle of chasing your hair loss until you have no further donor hair ,
  • 02-23-2017 03:08 PM
    JustShaveIt
  • 02-23-2017 03:35 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

I stopped using propecia because of the side affects I was experiencing. This caused whatever hair that was going to fall out to continue to fall out.

I've done a bit of prp research however I never found anything convincing enough to keep me up all night all giddy. Most of the photos I saw as "evidence" was of short hair (before) then a photo that appeared to be at least 3 - 4 weeks later (after).

I have looked into smp and it is something that I may venture into in the future although the results worry me. It is most likely that I would do another fue into the scar before venturing into smp.

At this point it is too far ahead as right now I am just focusing on how the fue into the scar will turn out and I'll make my decision in due time.
  • 02-25-2017 11:45 PM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    It's not the transplanted hair on the top that you lose , it's the hair on the top that wasn't transplanted , Unless you take propecia to maintain the existing hair , there is a very strong possibility the remaining hair will fall out . Hence the decision needs to be made to go back and get another HT , to fill in what you lost , or live with it . That's when we realize its a never ending cycle of chasing your hair loss until you have no further donor hair ,

You're not telling me those few hairs he had on the top of his head at 33 in that photo are the only hairs he got after 3 transplants...!
    He said he was one of those few guys for whom the HTs didn't work, which means he must have lost the transplanted hairs too in addition to the DHT-prone hairs. I was wondering how the HTs failed
  • 02-25-2017 11:46 PM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

I stopped using propecia because of the side affects I was experiencing. This caused whatever hair that was going to fall out to continue to fall out.

I've done a bit of prp research however I never found anything convincing enough to keep me up all night all giddy. Most of the photos I saw as "evidence" was of short hair (before) then a photo that appeared to be at least 3 - 4 weeks later (after).

I have looked into smp and it is something that I may venture into in the future although the results worry me. It is most likely that I would do another fue into the scar before venturing into smp.

At this point it is too far ahead as right now I am just focusing on how the fue into the scar will turn out and I'll make my decision in due time.

What about Derma rolling? Did you try that with Rogaine? Have you tried any natural remedies?
  • 02-26-2017 10:27 AM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

You're not telling me those few hairs he had on the top of his head at 33 in that photo are the only hairs he got after 3 transplants...!
    He said he was one of those few guys for whom the HTs didn't work, which means he must have lost the transplanted hairs too in addition to the DHT-prone hairs. I was wondering how the HTs failed

The hairs on the top of my head are most likely the hairs that are left from the HT. Most if not all of my natural hair that was in that area had fallen out over time because I stopped using propecia. I want to clarify something. When I mean it didn't work I wasn't saying that the transplant of hair was a failure. Because the transplanting the hair from donor to recipient was successful. What I mean by didn't work, is 10 years later I am in a far worse situation than I was prior to the HT. Currently I can't shave my head or cut it down with clip 3 or 4 where as before I could have just shaved it. I don't have that option anymore and it's something that I will have to live with the rest of my life. This is why I recently did the fue into the scar, so I can cut my hair shorter so the balding area on top doesn't look as bad as if the hair was longer.

Quote:

What about Derma rolling? Did you try that with Rogaine? Have you tried any natural remedies?

I think derma rolling is the same as laser therapy.. utter bullshit. I have not tried rogaine because I do not like the side effects it may cause. I have not tried any specific "natural" remedies because I believe that hormones with taking a pill or drinking something. You look at all the supplements that are suppose to "increase" testosterone. The only thing that increases testosterone is testosterone.

This post isn't about whether the ht was successful or not because at the end of the day I am not happy with the appearance and that is all that matters. I can try to correct the way it looks however I have to be very strategic while doing it. I was uninformed and uneducated about HT in my mid 20s. Throw in depression, desperation and a bit of savings some will do most anything when in complete denial. I was one of those people and this post may change someones view if they're at the same stage I was.

Although the purpose of this post is really to connect with those individuals who may also be in a similar situation as I am and are contemplating their next of "what now?". This is why I wanted to document the process of fue into the scar, how the scar will look like with almost shaved head and shorter hair. When you look online for photos of fue into scar with shaved head, there are no photos. It's always photos with hair grown out for 5 or 6 months which does not provide anything.
  • 02-27-2017 07:39 AM
    Rizaan
    The transplanted hairs in that photo look very thin. So are those all the hairs you got transplanted (3 times)? That's shocking. Were you a diffuse thinner?
    I presume you're in a worse situation now because you were destined to be a NW 6/7 and hence lost all the DHT-prone hairs (correct me if I am wrong).

I am almost 21 and balding. I'm a NW2 with low hair density on the front and top of my head. Is there any suggestion you could give me? (shaving is not an option for me). I use rogaine and will start derma rolling soon (I've seen results and they're positive). I also use Ketoconazole shampoo and that's slowed down my Hair loss. I am considering a Hair Transplant in about a year. Is there any suggestions you could give me?
  • 02-28-2017 02:10 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

shaving is not an option for me.

Why is shaving not an option for you? I would only advocate shaving the head if someone is norwood 3 through 7. There are people that will say that you can make a good frontal hair line with HT if you have NW3, but HT results and one's baldness are relative. What I mean by relative is I've seen many photos on this website and others of individuals freaking out about their hair and when I look at their photos I wish that I could be in their shoes with what they have.

Quote:

will start derma rolling soon (I've seen results and they're positive).

Don't fall for bs like derma rolling. I remember growing up my dad would go to "hair clinics" to have laser therapy and other shit done to his head. He wasted his time and always got his money back. It's about hormones and nothing more.

Quote:

I am considering a Hair Transplant in about a year. Is there any suggestions you could give me?

I'd suggest waiting a few more years till you're at least 25. It is hard to anticipate how much hair loss you may have throughout your 20's. However if you're hell bent on getting a HT, get fue and spend a few extra bucks so you don't have a scar from ear to ear like myself.

Remember hair doctors will never refuse payment for HT.

Its tough losing your hair at that age and it was the same age I started noticing myself. However I wasn't proactive and finding out more information about HT the pros and cons. in roughly 2003-2005 FUE was either unheard of of very new at least to me.
  • 02-28-2017 05:57 PM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

I am almost 21 and balding. I'm a NW2 with low hair density on the front and top of my head. Is there any suggestion you could give me? (shaving is not an option for me).

Pics ?

Buzz cut ?

Shaving is always an option , we don't know it until we do it
  • 03-01-2017 06:04 AM
    Rizaan
    I think Derma rolling works, at least for someone my age. I've seen people post positive results. I'll give it a try since i'm desperate.

I'm a NW2 with low hair density. IF I get a HT, I fear i will lose my existing hairs from shockloss especially because I don't take propecia. Is that what happened to you? I've also read somewhere that guys with a "V" hairline have a much higher chance of going NW6/7, and I don't think mine is a V, it's more like a U, but it could turn into a V, idk. My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future? I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.

Also, why shouldn't I get an FUT? I've heard it's better (as long as the scar is minimal) and that I can get FUE done much later when I'm older. (please answer all questions)
  • 03-01-2017 09:40 AM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

Shaving is always an option , we don't know it until we do it

^^^ Words of wisdom

Quote:

I think Derma rolling works, at least for someone my age. I've seen people post positive results. I'll give it a try since i'm desperate.

I'm very skeptical when it comes to "gadgets" that "promote" hair "growth". You think derma rolling works because you want it to work for you. I think about it this way. How does poking tiny holes into you head cause hairs to grow?

Quote:

I'm a NW2 with low hair density. IF I get a HT, I fear i will lose my existing hairs from shockloss especially because I don't take propecia. Is that what happened to you? I've also read somewhere that guys with a "V" hairline have a much higher chance of going NW6/7, and I don't think mine is a V, it's more like a U, but it could turn into a V, idk. My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future? I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.

Also, why shouldn't I get an FUT? I've heard it's better (as long as the scar is minimal) and that I can get FUE done much later when I'm older. (please answer all questions)

I stopped talking propecia because of the side affects. So my hair continued to fall out through the rest of my 20's and into my early 30's.

Quote:

My father, 59, is a NW 2.5, so I don't know why the actual f*ck I started balding and that too this early. Even on my mother's side, her brother (55) is a NW 4 or something. Are these any indications of how much hair I will lose in the future?

There are no real indications. I do know that would have been much balder than my dad with close to 100% of the hair on the top and crown gone by now. I remember seeing photos of my grand dads on both sides and from what vaguely remember they were not balding... thinning maybe but I believe that was because they were already in their 60s.

Quote:

I know guys in their 20s are not recommended to get HTs, but spending one's youth like this is Hell.

Hell is relevant to individuals. I would much rather be going through your "hell" than my "hell". You can shave it and carry or stress out about something that is a natural process of life. I know it's a hard thing to go through at that age. Most of you friends probably still have full heads of hair and here's you starting to lose a little of it. Shave your head, go to the gym and get some muscle, get a few tattoos and you'll be getting mad pus sy throughout your 20's.

Quote:

The thing about "minimal scarring" from fut is that the scarring is very unpredictable. Some doctors will recommend doing scalp stretching to create elasticity. This may work for some but not for others. However when you get into your 30's you may end up in a similar situation as myself who is now trying to improve the look of my hair and scar.

I'm not telling you what to do because ultimately it is your decision. I only created this post to show others how fue into a scar will look like when they keep their hair short (clip 2 or 3). Most people keep their hair long after they've had HT's. If my post discourages individuals from going under their knife with may prevent a similar situation that I am in now, great. However I'm not telling anyone what to do or what not to do.

The irony to all of my current situation which I believe I wrote in my initial post was that throughout my teens and into my early 20s I shaved my head.

Both the following photos were when I was roughly 26-28 years old I believe I had done all my 4 HT. The ages are not exact because this is almost 13 years ago. It's very possible that i had my first HT at the age of 24 or 25 but I do not really remember.

http://i.imgur.com/fmTzWtr.png

http://i.imgur.com/56L3ydY.png
  • 03-01-2017 10:30 AM
    Rizaan
    That is after 4 HTs? Doesn't look much tbh, how many follicles did you get transplanted?
    Do you think you still have enough density on the back of your head for another FUE?
  • 03-01-2017 06:42 PM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

That is after 4 HTs? Doesn't look much tbh, how many follicles did you get transplanted?
    Do you think you still have enough density on the back of your head for another FUE?

Im getting the impression you think getting a HT will bring your hair back to the density it was when you were a teenager and then all your issues will be resolved
  • 03-01-2017 07:50 PM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

Im getting the impression you think getting a HT will bring your hair back to the density it was when you were a teenager and then all your issues will be resolved

No, that is not what I think. I've seen many before/after HT photos but the result he posted after 4 HT's looks like what I'd expect after like 1.
  • 03-01-2017 09:17 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

I do not remember the exact number however I had several HTs because I did smaller sessions due to the cost. 1 graft is roughly $8 which means 500 would cost around 4k. I never had any "mega sessions because I could not afford them. Most of my session were smaller sessions. If I had to take a guess I would say approx. 1k to 1.5k grafts on the top and crown. What is left on the top and crown ARE the hairs from the HTs. It make not look like "much" but you're not taking into consideration that someone who gets 500 grafts and is a nw3 or nw4 will have a "thicker" or more "dense" result than someone who gets 500 graft and is a nw5, 6 or 7.

Quote:

No, that is not what I think. I've seen many before/after HT photos but the result he posted after 4 HT's looks like what I'd expect after like 1.

The before and after photos you're looking at are most likely individuals who are more along the norwood scale you are. If you take a look at the before and after photos of norwood 5, 6 or 7 you'll notice that most of the photos the hair is longer and is comb over. My hair has always been shorter after the HT which is why it may not look "thick". I could grow my hair out longer and style it in a way that gives the appearance of "density" however that's not the look I'm going for now.
  • 03-01-2017 10:00 PM
    Rizaan
    But what about all those actors and footballers like Wayne Rooney who get Hair Transplants? Their results look really good. I know this sounds Naive.
    Is it that they take propecia as well? Or did they pay a lot to get really good HTs that we can't afford?
  • 03-02-2017 08:56 AM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

But what about all those actors and footballers like Wayne Rooney who get Hair Transplants? Their results look really good

But what about all those people who get HTs and the results don't look really good? Point being is that you're looking for reasons to get it and dismissing the reasons not to.

Quote:

Is it that they take propecia as well? Or did they pay a lot to get really good HTs that we can't afford?

Rooney and he was not a nw 5, 6 or 7. I can only compare myself to individuals who are the same nw as me. I do not know what type of medications they take or how much money they spend on their HTs.
  • 03-02-2017 09:45 AM
    Rizaan
    Someone is most likely to get a bad hairtransplant if they go to a cr*p surgeon, don't do enough research or don't take into account the future hairloss or all the above.

This guy had a HT done:https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...th-Dr-Feriduni
    I think he said in one of his posts he was a NW5/6 or something and his post-HT transformation looks pretty good, not to mention he said he had really good donor density for a future HT.
  • 03-02-2017 01:16 PM
    JustShaveIt
  • 03-02-2017 01:34 PM
    JustShaveIt
    3 week post op continued

http://i.imgur.com/EzwIxDJ.jpg
  • 03-02-2017 01:49 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

Someone is most likely to get a bad hairtransplant if they go to a cr*p surgeon, don't do enough research or don't take into account the future hairloss or all the above.

This guy had a HT done:https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...th-Dr-Feriduni
    I think he said in one of his posts he was a NW5/6 or something and his post-HT transformation looks pretty good, not to mention he said he had really good donor density for a future HT.

Here is a good article to read.

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/res...ir-transplant/
  • 03-03-2017 09:15 AM
    Rizaan
    So basically, if you start balding early in life you're screwed as you'll most likely end up as a NW6/7. Are the donor hairs miniaturized only in people with DUPA?
    My own hairline has receded to that of an adult and I think it will recede even more but I'd want an adult hairline (as the article said: 1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) if I were to have a HT now.
    My hairloss wouldn't be that apparent if i hadn't lost a good amount of my f*cking density when I first started balding. It sucks so much, i probably spend hours everyday thinking about this shit and how lucky guys are who have no hairloss. I had a rough childhood but this is the worst f*cking thing that has probably ever happened to me :(
  • 03-03-2017 01:50 PM
    HTsoon
    Quote:

So basically, if you start balding early in life you're screwed as you'll most likely end up as a NW6/7. Are the donor hairs miniaturized only in people with DUPA?
    My own hairline has receded to that of an adult and I think it will recede even more but I'd want an adult hairline (as the article said: 1.5 cm above the uppermost horizontal brow) if I were to have a HT now.
    My hairloss wouldn't be that apparent if i hadn't lost a good amount of my f*cking density when I first started balding. It sucks so much, i probably spend hours everyday thinking about this shit and how lucky guys are who have no hairloss. I had a rough childhood but this is the worst f*cking thing that has probably ever happened to me :(

If you start balding early then yes, I would say the chances of you being NW6/7 are VERY high, I started balding probably in my late teens but I didnt notice it until I was 21, by the time I was 29, which is the top photo in my avatar I was basically almost full blown NW6, hairlines are the most important thing to a young man, so its understandable you feel the way you do, but believe me when you start to lose everything else, you will look back on the hair you have now and WISH you could have that hair back again receded hairline and all, sometimes HT's are not the answer, this is coming from a guy who had 3 already, there are limitations to surgery, not every body will achieve the same result or has the donor capacity to support so many surgeries, not to mention NO SURGERY is guaranteed regardless of the doctor. There are many things to consider, hair caliber, head shape and size, skin color and hair color contrast, all of these things make a difference in the final outcome. Another reason why it's not safe to restore someone who is under 25 is because the safe donor area is not really known, in some cases a patient may have DUPA without it being noticeable early on, and to answer your question yes only those with DUPA have miniaturization in the donor area and are therefore not candidates for transplantation.
  • 03-03-2017 06:11 PM
    JustShaveIt
    Quote:

Being angry is a stage that you're currently at is understandable and a very reasonable emotional response. However it's these moments in life where people make poor decisions because they're nothing critically thinking through the situation. Everyone has a history however there are much worse things that could happen to you. Going bald is a tough pill to swallow when you're in your early 20's and it's a tough pill to swallow no matter what age you are really. Even though I would have the classic horseshoe hair in my early to mid 30's , there are days that I think about how awesome it would to not have had my HT's and to shave it all. The grass is not always greener on the other side and if you think that your hair defines you as a person, you need to reevaluate who you are and what makes you you. Because hair doesn't define a man, his actions do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    If you start balding early then yes, I would say the chances of you being NW6/7 are VERY high, I started balding probably in my late teens but I didnt notice it until I was 21, by the time I was 29, which is the top photo in my avatar I was basically almost full blown NW6, hairlines are the most important thing to a young man, so its understandable you feel the way you do, but believe me when you start to lose everything else, you will look back on the hair you have now and WISH you could have that hair back again receded hairline and all, sometimes HT's are not the answer, this is coming from a guy who had 3 already, there are limitations to surgery, not every body will achieve the same result or has the donor capacity to support so many surgeries, not to mention NO SURGERY is guaranteed regardless of the doctor. There are many things to consider, hair caliber, head shape and size, skin color and hair color contrast, all of these things make a difference in the final outcome. Another reason why it's not safe to restore someone who is under 25 is because the safe donor area is not really known, in some cases a patient may have DUPA without it being noticeable early on, and to answer your question yes only those with DUPA have miniaturization in the donor area and are therefore not candidates for transplantation.

^ Words of wisdom.

If only I had the knowledge I have now. If only there were or were more forums such as this one when I was in my early 20's. If only I did more research and talked to more people online. If only...
  • 03-04-2017 07:46 AM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post

I feel even more depressed after reading that. If that bottom photo in your avatar is your current hair then it looks really great. When did you get your HTs done? What regrets do you have and are you satisfied?
    It is so tough living like this when i'm just 20. I got my hair cut short a few days ago and had been wearing a woolen hat since; i stopped that now and noticed some of my friends staring at my low-density hair from time to time. It hurts so much, I feel like weeping everyday because of what i have to go through.

A major point in warning young guys about HTs is that they're reluctant to not get an adolescent hairline. Well I'm not. i have an adult hairline right now, and I'll happily want to add more density to it. I'll most likely lose the remaining DHT-prone hairs afterwards, but it would be better than going bald in that entire region. And what are the chances i'll suffer from miniaturization? I don't want that as an excuse to not get a HT. I'm not saying I want one now, but I might in some years.
  • 03-04-2017 08:35 AM
    Rizaan
    Quote:

Being angry is a stage that you're currently at is understandable and a very reasonable emotional response. However it's these moments in life where people make poor decisions because they're nothing critically thinking through the situation. Everyone has a history however there are much worse things that could happen to you. Going bald is a tough pill to swallow when you're in your early 20's and it's a tough pill to swallow no matter what age you are really. Even though I would have the classic horseshoe hair in my early to mid 30's , there are days that I think about how awesome it would to not have had my HT's and to shave it all. The grass is not always greener on the other side and if you think that your hair defines you as a person, you need to reevaluate who you are and what makes you you. Because hair doesn't define a man, his actions do.

^ Words of wisdom.

If only I had the knowledge I have now. If only there were or were more forums such as this one when I was in my early 20's. If only I did more research and talked to more people online. If only...

It is true that hair does not define you but it plays a major part in one's life; the way people perceive you, what they think of you subconsciously and what you think of yourself. I have no problem saying I am insecure about my hair (why wouldn't i be? I'm 20 and balding) and I feel sorry for a lot of guys i see that are either bald or balding and I know other people feel and will feel that way for me, which is something that really pains me. Not to mention, I simply will not look attractive as a bald man, i don't have the facial features to full that off. Also, where I live, almost no one shaves their head in their 20s or 30s. If I were to ever do that, I'd be the ugly, black duckling; the one that stands out, in a bad way. I don't want to ever face that. Oh god, why did this have to happen to me :'(
  • 03-05-2017 08:47 AM
    HTsoon
    Quote:

I feel even more depressed after reading that. If that bottom photo in your avatar is your current hair then it looks really great. When did you get your HTs done? What regrets do you have and are you satisfied?
    It is so tough living like this when i'm just 20. I got my hair cut short a few days ago and had been wearing a woolen hat since; i stopped that now and noticed some of my friends staring at my low-density hair from time to time. It hurts so much, I feel like weeping everyday because of what i have to go through.

A major point in warning young guys about HTs is that they're reluctant to not get an adolescent hairline. Well I'm not. i have an adult hairline right now, and I'll happily want to add more density to it. I'll most likely lose the remaining DHT-prone hairs afterwards, but it would be better than going bald in that entire region. And what are the chances i'll suffer from miniaturization? I don't want that as an excuse to not get a HT. I'm not saying I want one now, but I might in some years.

Yes the bottom is my current hair, I got my first HT at 29 after I had already lost most of my hair. I have no regrets, I am completely satisfied, however keep in mind I chose to get an HT AFTER I had lost most of my hair, it's much easier to plan your hair restoration once you've lost your hair, rather than continuing to get HT's to make up for additional hair loss. The latter options leaves you unsatisfied and chasing your hair loss with surgeries, not the best option and most of the time depletes the donor without achieving an acceptable result.

Rizaan I know how you're feeling as I noticed my hair loss around the same age, the feeling of your youth being stolen, the sadness and depression, it all goes in stages, I will say that by the time I was 29 after most of my hair was gone, there was a sense of freedom, there was no more hiding it I was a bald man, this was the time I decided to get an HT, my first HT was a last ditch effort, I chose FUE because in the case that it didn't work out, I would continue buzzing my head, at that point I said to myself, "well if this doesn't work it just wasn't meant to be" I had done essentially everything I could, and was ready to accept the outcome whether it was good or bad. That is not something most young guys do, failure is not an option for most young guys, that type of thinking makes you a BAD HT candidate, why because surgery is never guaranteed, you need to really think about the possibility of the HT not working and or possibly looking worse. If the thought of a bad HT is worse than being bald, I would caution against getting an HT.

Additionally Rizaan, I think it's important you consider your future, many time's guys that are 20 want to get things done now with no regard for the future, they think that somehow they wont care what they'll look like when they're 30,40 and 50 years old. That's just not true, and you should always think of surgery as a lifelong commitment. Surgery worked out for me, but I STILL have to style my hair in a way that creates an illusion of density as OP said, I can not wear my hair very short or you will see a lack of density. If I go swimming you can see a lack of density, there are situations still that you will see weaknesses, that is something to consider, honestly Rizaan for a young man who desperately want's his hair back and density back I would recommend looking in to Hair Systems, they are non invasive and have low risk, the benefit is also immediate, HT's take a full year to see the benefit, in the mean time the waiting and patience is probably not something a 20 year old guy is going to be able to handle very well. I can tell you are very distraught and I honestly feel that a Hair System would probably be a better option for you.

In closing, if you have any additional questions please PM me or start a thread of your own, I think we should keep this thread focused on OP and his procedure, I'm sure he doesn't mind you asking questions as he and I know how devastating dealing with hair loss can be, especially at your age, but at this point I think for the sake of his thread you should no longer ask questions here but rather on a thread of your own.
  • 03-05-2017 09:10 AM
    Rizaan
    I don't know how to PM on this site, and i did start a new thread (not related to HT). Could you please comment there?
  • 03-10-2017 06:53 AM
    JustShaveIt
  • 03-16-2017 09:51 PM
    JustShaveIt

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
Yesterday 10:32 PM