• 11-14-2015 04:35 AM
    Artista
    Dr. Wesley has begun his 3rd 'Pilofocus' Phase Testing- I was finally involved!
    Hello everyone!!

My wife and I returned home yesterday from Dr. Wesley's medical clinic.
    I was a patient in his 3rd Pilofocus Phase Testing which took a few hours to complete on 11/12/15 and then we had a followup the next morning.
    (his second phase testing (with just a few patients) was more or less because he had to once again update his very important endoscopic tools and instrumentation)
    That was important.

Now he is onto his 3rd phase testing and Im excited to have been one of his patients. finally.
    It did not bother me to wait this long.
    I understood what was needed before he could continue.
    I will add more to this later today,,it is every morning here in Illinois. I wanted to finally let all know about this.
    Im hoping for the best for ALL OF US. So is Dr. Wesley!!
  • 11-14-2015 05:57 AM
    cratusg
    I'm not really involved in this pilofocus experiment so you could you tell me what this phase 2/3 means and what he will do on the few patients exactly?
  • 11-14-2015 06:39 AM
    Artista
    I respond really quick,
    I've got a lot to do this morning but I'll be back on later...
    Cratusg, thanks for asking.
    Of course Dr. Wesley is one of the premier
    Hair transplant doctors out there but dr. Wesley had started his phase testing using endoscopic instrumentation that he developed starting in 2013.
    And it also has to do with hair regeneration!!!
    In his first phase test back in 2013
    The factual and documented information was amazing to see and know about.
    Since 2013 he has been ongoing with the development of his new science.
    Everything right now thathe has done in the past which was fantastic is anecdotal at this point in time.
    I am a part of the third phase testing which is great.
    We will all find out how advanced this will be.
    Till the time stay happy and positive bro!!
    There are plenty of hair treatments available for you if you need it.
    I'll be back on later thanks for you question
  • 11-14-2015 06:43 AM
    Artista
    One more thing
    Sorry all I did some miss-spelling of my thread this morning
    Hopefully the admin will allow me to fix it.
  • 11-14-2015 08:15 AM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    Photos!!
  • 11-14-2015 08:29 AM
    kirklandism
    Congrats Artista. How many grafts was he able to transplant?
  • 11-14-2015 09:48 AM
    Artista
    Eventually there WILL be (before and after) photos shown.
    You must keep in mind that my phase testing just happened this past Thursday, Nov. 12th 2015.
    Of course, Dr. Wesley took many photos of all my scalp areas prior to and then after the medical work.
    Here at home now, I am doing all the necessary things needed , medically speaking, to take care of my donor areas, the endoscopic area and the grafts.
  • 11-14-2015 10:00 AM
    Hemo
    Just to clarify, are you not supposed to post pics of your own? (curious about the "eventually" in your post, and the fact that it's still a trial.)
  • 11-14-2015 10:05 AM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    Is this the only kind of hair transplant you've ever had? Or do you have something else to compare the experience to?
  • 11-14-2015 10:08 AM
    dutchguyhanging
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Eventually there WILL be (before and after) photos shown.
    You must keep in mind that my phase testing just happened this past Thursday, Nov. 12th 2015.
    Of course, Dr. Wesley took many photos of all my scalp areas prior to and then after the medical work.
    Here at home now, I am doing all the necessary things needed , medically speaking, to take care of my donor areas, the endoscopic area and the grafts.

yeah man. see yo r tight with Doc.. howcome we know u aint sugarcoat stuff... before photos now... pls
  • 11-14-2015 10:14 AM
    Artista
    Hi Hemo , there was never a discussion at Dr. Wesley's office about the eventual photos to be shown.
    I would image that eventually Dr. Wesley will talk with me about that.
    Keep in mind that this IS his 3rd Phase test now. (the second phase testing was to update his tools)
    He still has quite a few phase test patients ongoing.
    Im not sure right now if i will be able to show photos as yet.
    Right now it wouldnt make any sense to post pics anyways.

Hi 'AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken'
    No, I have never had any type of hair transplantation work done before .
    Ive been on Finasteride since 2013..thats all.

I am involved in this phase testing because I feel very confident that this may be a 'game-changer' for all of us....eventually we will all find out!!
  • 11-14-2015 10:15 AM
    nameless
    Artista, I'm curious why you call yourself Artista and use the image of John Lennon as your signature? I don't mean this as an insult or anything like that. I'm just curious. Are you a music composer or do you work in the recording industry?
  • 11-14-2015 10:46 AM
    Hemo
    Why post if you're not going to share your own photos? You know that is all we ultimately care about. Even if it's a 1 sq. inch, it would be interesting to see.
  • 11-14-2015 11:29 AM
    barfacan
    Quote:

I respond really quick,
    I've got a lot to do this morning but I'll be back on later...
    Cratusg, thanks for asking.
    Of course Dr. Wesley is one of the premier
    Hair transplant doctors out there but dr. Wesley had started his phase testing using endoscopic instrumentation that he developed starting in 2013.
    And it also has to do with hair regeneration!!!
    In his first phase test back in 2013
    The factual and documented information was amazing to see and know about.
    Since 2013 he has been ongoing with the development of his new science.
    Everything right now thathe has done in the past which was fantastic is anecdotal at this point in time.
    I am a part of the third phase testing which is great.
    We will all find out how advanced this will be.
    Till the time stay happy and positive bro!!
    There are plenty of hair treatments available for you if you need it.
    I'll be back on later thanks for you question

So many words without saying a thing.

God damn we really are doomed.
  • 11-14-2015 11:48 AM
    cratusg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    So many words without saying a thing.

God damn we really are doomed.

Yeah he didn't answer a damn thing of my question hehe
  • 11-14-2015 11:56 AM
    nameless
    Guys keep in mind that Artista is a subject in a clinical trial which is run by someone other than him. It's run by Dr. Wesley. Since Dr. Wesley runs the clinical trials that means that Dr. Wesley has total control over who's in the trials, who gets dropped from the trials, who gets to stay in the information loop, who gets kicked out of the information loop, and stuff like that. If Artista does something (like posts pics before Dr. Wesley gives the go-ahead) then Artista could be dropped by Dr. Wesley and/or Dr. Wesley could take Artista out of the information loop. When you're in a clinical trial you're beholding to the person who runs it.

All of that having been said, you guys are rude and mean. Artista is sharing what he can at this point.
  • 11-14-2015 12:20 PM
    Artista
    Hemo
    At this point in time there is no reason to post photos.
    I am a part of Dr Wesley's 3rd phase testing.
    In time photos will be posted but it's going to be up to Dr. Wesley as to when that happens.
    No worries.
    I'm posting to let everybody know that the third phase testing is on going now!
    It's important to let everybody know that. Hey Nameless , i'm a professional artist , that's a portrait of John Lennon that I did some time ago
  • 11-14-2015 02:45 PM
    Artista
    I just read your latest response Nameless and I thank you!!
    All that you have said is very correct.
    This 3rd Phase Testing of Dr Wesley's is on-going and there is no way as yet to show anything.
    Eventually all info and photos will be shared by the Doctor once it is time to do so.
    Although there are some here that somewhat overreact and at times insult I do not take offense to any of it. No one should ever ASSUME anything.
    I am always on here to try to help others, especially the very young ones.
    To respond to Kirklandism's question, Dr, Wesley had done 523 grafts on to my scalp.
    23 follicles were taken from the donor area via the Pilofocus phase test using his speciallized endoscopic tools.
    The regeneration applications have been placed in there!
    Hopefully it will turn out the same way it did during Dr Wesley's first Phase Testing he had done in 2013.
    Not everyone has seen those findings from 2013, I was one of those that did see the 45 minute factual explanations/photos.
    Those end results were AMAZING but of course, it is still as yet an anecdotal finding.

That is why there is the 3rd phase testing underway now.
  • 11-14-2015 03:41 PM
    Sogeking
    Thank you for the update Artista!
    Artista may I ask when are you coming back for control?
    Also how will this phase testing last?
    And once this phase testing is finished does Dr. Wesley plan to have another one?
    Yeah one lastquestion, can you at least take the photo of the scar through which pilofocus was applied?

All that said if pilofocus ends being capable of donor regeneration that is a massive game changer...
  • 11-14-2015 04:01 PM
    Artista
    Hi there Sogeking,
    What i am doing now is to take care of my grafts and the donor area which has the specialized Pilofocus phase testing inside.
    The 3rd Phase testing will altogether have approx. 27 patients. So this will take some time to complete.
    I have no idea as to if there will be yet another phase test after this 3rd one.
    Time will tell of course.
    I can ask Dr. Wesley if in fact i can post any initial photos of my phase test.
    The only scar that could possibly be seen would be a SMALL ONE from the Endoscopic instrument.
    There is NO linear scaring with this type of new treatment.
  • 11-14-2015 04:19 PM
    johnnywadd
    Quote:

Hi there Sogeking,
    What i am doing now is to take care of my grafts and the donor area which has the specialized Pilofocus phase testing inside.
    The 3rd Phase testing will altogether have approx. 27 patients. So this will take some time to complete.
    I have no idea as to if there will be yet another phase test after this 3rd one.
    Time will tell of course.
    I can ask Dr. Wesley if in fact i can post any initial photos of my phase test.
    The only scar that could possibly be seen would be a SMALL ONE from the Endoscopic instrument.
    There is NO linear scaring with this type of new treatment.

Artista you say you had 23 follicles taken via pilofocus. Were the other 500 taken via FUE? Or is this a typo?
  • 11-14-2015 04:41 PM
    Artista
    Yes he also did the FUEs
  • 11-14-2015 05:06 PM
    joachim
    Quote:

Yes he also did the FUEs

what for??? what's the point of doing 500 FUE grafts when it's all about the new pilofocus technique?
  • 11-14-2015 05:13 PM
    Artista
    Why not?
    The main focus of the phase testing is that of the donor area regeneration aspect in correlation to his FUE work
  • 11-14-2015 05:27 PM
    joachim
    Quote:

Why not?
    The main focus of the phase testing is that of the donor area regeneration aspect in correlation to his FUE work

doesn't make sense at all.
    ok, maybe for his study and documentation he needs a direct comparison with FUE, but why so many? why not take e.g. 50 FUE extractions versus 50 pilofocus extractions as direct comparison?
    and why are you even willing to get 500 FUE punches when the main advantage of pilofocus is to be scarless? the anecdotal donor regeneration will be proven to be non-existent or not efficient enough anyway.
    if the purpose of this phase testing is to proof donor regeneration, then 500 FUEs compared to only a handful pilofocus extractions don't really make sense.
  • 11-14-2015 07:06 PM
    allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    Why does he think his technique is supposed to lead to donor regeneration? It's not obvious to me why a follicle would return.
  • 11-14-2015 07:45 PM
    johnnywadd
    Yes I tend to agree if it was for comparison why take so many FUE and so little pilofocus. Very strange
  • 11-14-2015 08:30 PM
    bobbie6915102
    Hi Artista,

Glad you finally got into the phase testing. You have spoken about donor regeneration but I have heard Dr. Wesley say several times that they had only worked on cadavers when people started talking about regeneration (which would obviously be impossible). I am wondering why you believe in the regeneration aspect, have you seen donor regeneration on real patients? If yes, is it true significant regeneration?

Thanks.
  • 11-14-2015 08:58 PM
    ss1980
    It is good to see that something is going on in HT industry.

BUT 23 pilo vs 500 FUE grafts is a bit disappointing, 50 grafts each on a small square would be much more desirable

He seems nice, honest and genuine and i Hope he speeds this up or else other players will come in and steal the show

Dr Christophe Guillemat from barcelona recently named his new cloning technique Stem Cell Transfer (SCT), he already completed one test and is about do big trials where he will transfer a few thousands stem cells in one go, if all good it will be avail from September.
    He seems very transparent and active on his websites blog
  • 11-14-2015 09:30 PM
    jamesst11
    Don't get me wrong, I am very thoroughly impressed with Dr. Wesleys work, you'd be a fool not to be... the only factor I am having trouble comprehending is the follicle regeneration. I don't see how this technique would be able to remove so much tissue and just expect the follicle to start functioning again at a normal level. I think the main benefit we will see with his technique is minimal scarring.
  • 11-14-2015 09:50 PM
    dutchguyhanging
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am very thoroughly impressed with Dr. Wesleys work, you'd be a fool not to be... the only factor I am having trouble comprehending is the follicle regeneration. I don't see how this technique would be able to remove so much tissue and just expect the follicle to start functioning again at a normal level. I think the main benefit we will see with his technique is minimal scarring.

honestly I dont understand hype created around this pilo technique. 1- if u go to a reputable doc, surgery will be almost no visible 2- agree with others there is no regeneration expected of this technique anyways.If so maybe it will be 1%, again cosmetically not visible...

what are we talking about here seriously? plus it is only 50grafts pilo.....
  • 11-15-2015 05:40 AM
    Artista
    Good morning all,
    To respond to bobbie6915102, basically Dr. Wesley's usage of cadavers was for testing and upgrading his endoscopic instrumentation and improve his science in safely going underneath the scalps to remove the hair follicles properly.
    The use of cadavers had nothing to do with the hair regeneration aspects of his new system.

I also wanted to say that most everyone here has NOT seen that initial 2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley in regards to his completed first Phase test .

I was one of the members here (and Spencer Kobren too) lucky enough to have been ALLOWED access to be shown the PowerPoint presentation and have my first conversation with Dr. Wesley on the specifics of it all.
    A small percentage of other doctors were brought into that presentation as well.

This is a posting on one of those threads that I wrote back then...

7/14/2014
    "Both Spencer and myself had personally been shown that initial PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley himself. (since then he has updated me once again via Skype)
    He has entrusted both of us not to speak too much of his methods specifics.
    Dr Wesley did not show the same thing at the ISHRS conference last year and I can understand why.
    His instrumentation technology has really PROGRESSED now guys.
    He isn't playing any games ,,he is VERY SINCERE at what he is doing."

Everybody can think whatever they want to think here.
    I am hoping for the best for all of us ,,men and women alike.
    I am doing my best now to take care of my scalps Pilofocus grafts/donor area testing.

If everyone had seen that initial PowerPoint presentation from his first phase test, I dont think that there would be so much emotional negativity. Im not being critical, just honest.
  • 11-15-2015 05:55 AM
    ss1980
    2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation

Any reason why this presentation has not been show to general public? It is almost 2016

I would imagine that pilofocus improved greatly since then but then again he only transplanted 20 or so pilo grafts

My point is if it was so great back then then by now(almost 3 years later) we should have something to show for it
  • 11-15-2015 02:28 PM
    Artista
    Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
    I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
    His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.
  • 11-15-2015 03:27 PM
    Follisket
    Oh, come on, someone goddamn give us unlimited donor already.
    It's so bizarre and exhausting reading about fixes that fix squat.
  • 11-15-2015 06:32 PM
    Hemo
    Quote:

Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
    I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
    His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.

Regardless of the 2013 video - did he explain why he took 500 FUE grafts and only 23 using pilo? Were the 500 something extra you asked/paid for to fill in a space?
  • 11-15-2015 11:07 PM
    brunobald
    I would guess its only 27 piliofocus grafts because this is still new tech and the doctor is treading carefully.

The 500 fue may be a gift to say thankyou and basicly make the procedure worthwhile?
  • 11-15-2015 11:20 PM
    nameless
    I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprece...ry?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.
  • 11-16-2015 12:45 AM
    pixels
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprece...ry?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.

Or even better... get donor follicles from somebody (a friend?!?) and edit the genes. I'm fairly certain SOMETHING is going to happen soon.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...n-world-first/
  • 11-16-2015 05:07 AM
    kirklandism
    This is a link to the presentation Dr. Wesley gave at the ISHRS conference in Chicago this past September. It has updated info on his piloscopy technique. I hope that the mods will allow this post with the link.

https://vimeo.com/139156502

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth