• 12-12-2013 05:29 AM
    25 going on 65
    Has minoxidil caused skin aging for any of you guys?
    Title sums it up.....did anyone notice negative changes in their faces on minox? Dark circles around your eyes, fine lines, deeper wrinkles etc?
    I am considering trying it again but skin aging is 1 of the worst sides I can imagine
  • 12-12-2013 05:56 AM
    fred970
    Been on it for 4 years now. No skin aging.
  • 12-12-2013 07:50 AM
    MackJames
    I haven't noticed any changes
  • 12-12-2013 07:59 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    No skin changes for me. Not saying it can't happen, but if anybody claims to have suffered from any problems, ask for pics. I am guessing that it can happen, but it is extremely rare.
  • 12-12-2013 08:08 AM
    Buster
    I don't currently use Minox, but I'd imagine that if anyone has had a problem with their skin it may be because the minox has come in contact with it. Some ways that you may be abe to prevent it could be to not put it on before you go to bed, because the minox will get on your pillow and come into contact with your face, and using only enough so that it will treat the spot you are treating- instead of using a large amount which may run down your face.
  • 12-12-2013 08:32 AM
    greatjob!
    Minoxidil has been found to inhibit gene expression of the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase which is involved in the production of collagen, so it can increase wrinkles and skin aging. I personally don't know if it has caused aging for me, I don't really pay as much attention to it as others do.
  • 12-12-2013 02:15 PM
    Dan26
    i was worried because i have bad skin as it is, but no problems. I did start using retin on under my eyes, on forehead and laughing lines as a precaution though.
  • 12-12-2013 09:01 PM
    ryan555
    I was on minox from a very young age and never even had a clue that it could age skin. Of course my face aged, but everyone's does as you move from your early 20s into your 30s. However, since I have stopped over 3 years ago, my face has made some rather dramatic changes in a youthful direction. Specifically, I had very dark circles under my eyes that vanished, and also really deep creases along the sides of my mouth that are no longer there. My skin was also quite pasty, and it is now much brighter, smoother, and more toned. If you look as pictures from me now in my mid 30s vs how I looked in my mid 20s, I look quite dramatically younger and healthier now. So I would say for me, it absolutely did age my face and quite dramatically so. Fortunately, it did seem to reverse once I stopped.
  • 12-12-2013 09:31 PM
    fred970
    Congratulations ryan, you just made 1000 newbies stop minoxidil and more miserable.
  • 12-12-2013 10:20 PM
    ryan555
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Congratulations ryan, you just made 1000 newbies stop minoxidil and more miserable.

Hey the question was asked and I answered honestly. I'd probably still rather have a full head of hair and an aged face. Anyway, it doesn't do this to everyone, but it did to me.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth