Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elpollo
    • Feb 2012

Hi can use some help

Hi hope every body doing good I know is not fun, I am traying to find a dam good hair transplant an my area I live in pennsylvania,I am 40 know and I need to do some ting, ibeen reaserching for a bit know and is not easy, icaim ocros the bald thuth and is one of the best playses i have found for some help, I am thinking of going whit the strip if any one out there had a good outcome whit a good Htransplant and whant;s to share it, it will help me alot
  • StressedToTheBald
    Inactive
    • Jan 2012

I'd go with FUE, not strip.

Comment

• elpollo
      • Feb 2012

Hi thanks for replying, did you get a htransplant done, I am trying to see wish one is better for me strip or fue I know i have a lot to learn,thank you.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Hi elpollo,

You can find the best hair transplant doctors from this link:

If you are close to Cleveland, I highly recommend Dr. Robert Haber. He did my transplant and he is wonderful.

I had the strip procedure. I have never had FUE so I cannot compare. It is best to talk that over with your doctor to determine which is better for you.

You can find the most truthful information on treating hair loss at this link:

My best wishes to you. Have a great night,

Tracy

Comment

• elpollo
          • Feb 2012

thank you tracey I am neer philadelphia or new york, and I been looking at this site for a litle will know, I tink for me is yes hard to pick a dr.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

How close are you to Dr. Bernstein?

Robert M. Bernstein, MD, New York Hair Transplant, New York, Hair Transplant, Hair Restoration, IAHRS, IAHRS Member

State-of-the-art NYC hair transplant & hair restoration practice founded by Columbia Univ. surgeon Dr. Robert M Bernstein. We offer the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss for men and women using the most advanced techniques and technologies. Contact us to schedule a Physician Consultation.

Comment

• elpollo
              • Feb 2012

Hi tracy if that docter in new york am only 1hr oway

Comment

• elpollo
                • Feb 2012

tracy

tracy thank's for the web site am going to check him out

Comment

• mattj
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Oct 2009

Some people recommend FUE, some are fine with strip. You choice should probably depend on your own preference as well as your level of hairloss.
                  I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by elpollo
                    Hi thanks for replying, did you get a htransplant done, I am trying to see wish one is better for me strip or fue I know i have a lot to learn,thank you.
                    Sadly no, as I can't afford a good and a full one. But I'm doing my research so when the time comes and if no cure comes outta nowhere, I'd very much like to do a transplant at some point in the future.

In my humble opinion, although cheaper - FUT belongs in the 20th century. With FUT, a strip of skin is cut on the back of Your head and this can lead to serious scarring - many people are left with the scar which they after have to conceal by doing FUE on the scar alone.

FUE is more expensive and complicated - but its the right and only choice I would go for. That beeing said - most surgeons prefer FUT - simply because its easier plus most importantly - they are not skilled enough for FUE. I believe only a few surgeons in the world are true experts for FUE.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
                      That beeing said - most surgeons prefer FUT - simply because its easier plus most importantly - they are not skilled enough for FUE.
                      That is an unfair and untrue statement.

Comment

• elpollo
                        • Feb 2012

stresse to the bold

Hi bro thank's for the info, I know is not easy to com out whit a few grands and try to get this done, I hope am ready for this, is someting i been thinking for a wild know,I am going to look in to the fue transplant, take care

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by elpollo
                          Hi bro thank's for the info, I know is not easy to com out whit a few grands and try to get this done, I hope am ready for this, is someting i been thinking for a wild know,I am going to look in to the fue transplant, take care
                          You're very welcome, best of luck and keep me updated.

Comment

• elpollo
                            • Feb 2012

picture's are to big

I was trying to upload a picture of my head but there to big it wont le me do it, yes to show you all what my head look's like now,when i learn how to do this all put one up.

Comment

• Winston
                              • Mar 2009

I think stresstobebald means well, but he is one of the most misinformed posters on this forum, so please take what he says with a grain of salt. Listen to TracyC and have a few consultations with qualified IAHRS hair transplant surgeons.

Comment

Working...