• 06-26-2018 06:07 PM
    Jonspark
    Whats happening to my hair? Am i going bald? (23 yr old male)
    Hi everyone, im a 23 yr old asian dude. every morning for the past few days i found a few of hair strands on my pillow, i dont know how long this has been going on, so i assumed that i probably just used the wrong shampoo or something, but a friend of mine jokingly said that i might be balding and now i cant stop thinking about it!
    I asked my mom and she said none of my family members are bald so i dont have to worry, but still, whats happening? Im getting nervous.
    Here are photo gallery of my hair, sorry for my messy hair, i just woke up when i took these :
    full link if photos not appearing
    https://imgur.com/vJMTwDQ
    https://imgur.com/uulkH8f
    https://imgur.com/n529k6k

Thank u!
  • 06-27-2018 03:31 AM
    mattj
    Seeing hairs being shed isn't enough evidence to show that you're losing hair. But with that said, it does look like your hairline is receding. I see very minor, early hairline recession which is a lot like what I had at your age. Keep an eye on it and don't obsess over every lost hair. There's no reason to think that your hairloss will advance significantly.
  • 06-27-2018 03:43 AM
    Jonspark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Seeing hairs being shed isn't enough evidence to show that you're losing hair. But with that said, it does look like your hairline is receding. I see very minor, early hairline recession which is a lot like what I had at your age. Keep an eye on it and don't obsess over every lost hair. There's no reason to think that your hairloss will advance significantly.

Hi thanks for the reply. None of my uncles are bald but they do have receeding hairline could that be whats happening? How long do u think its gonna take until the receeding become noticable? Sorry for such silly question, im not the most confident person so im super aware of my looks at all time
  • 06-29-2018 02:59 AM
    mattj
    Your hairline still looks great so please don't let any of this impact upon your confidence. I know what it's like to have low self esteem - I lived that for a long time - but hairloss doesn't have to matter that much if you don't let it. It's possible that you're following in the footsteps of your uncles and it would be worth asking them at what age their recession began. But the genetics of hairloss is very random, so you can't necessarily expect to find a family member who matches you. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if your recession will continue and at what pace. Only time will tell.

I'll say it again: your hair is looking really good so I urge you not to worry and not to obsess over it. Just keep an eye on it for now.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM