Levoxyl VS Armour

Printable View

• 04-27-2009 12:56 PM
    Jen
    Levoxyl VS Armour
    Dear Dr. Redmond,
    In your experience which thryroid medicine is the friendliest to the hair? I have been taking Levoxyl 0.05 for a few years now and even though my blood tests are within normal range, I am exhausted much of the time (and cold, and having trouble losing weight). I have a friend feeling wonderful on Armour. Do you think Armour is a more natrual choice and is it hair friendly?
  • 05-30-2009 06:39 PM
    Geoffrey Redmond, MD, FACE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Dear Dr. Redmond,
    In your experience which thryroid medicine is the friendliest to the hair? I have been taking Levoxyl 0.05 for a few years now and even though my blood tests are within normal range, I am exhausted much of the time (and cold, and having trouble losing weight). I have a friend feeling wonderful on Armour. Do you think Armour is a more natrual choice and is it hair friendly?

Levoxyl is the best of the different thyroid medications, in my opinion. Armour thyroid has become a fad in recent years but is obsolete. It is basically ground-up pig thyroid obtained in the slaughterhouse and contains substances from inside the thyroid that normally do not enter the blood.. It has no advantages and definite disadvantages. Some may think pig thyroid natural for humans but I do not.

The most hair-friendly way with thyroid treatment is to make sure one's TSH is in the strict normal range between about 1.0 and 2.0.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:16 AM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM