• 12-31-2012 08:30 AM
    Aames
    Is there a consensus on natural weightlifting's effects on hair loss?
    I understand that it does cause a temporary spike in DHT levels and higher T levels as muscle mass increases but is this enough to even make a difference in the long-run? And is this difference rendered obsolete with oral and topical DHT inhibitors being used daily?

Thanks.
  • 12-31-2012 10:28 AM
    Assemblage23
    it does raise T a little bit but as balding men we have to make the most of the other areas of our appearance I'd rather be bald than out of shape. If you are on the big 3 you can lift as much as you want you should maintain your hair for years and exercise is mandatory for any man who wants to look good and feel good, it becomes even more important if your hair is going down the drain!
  • 12-31-2012 10:59 AM
    Aames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    it does raise T a little bit but as balding men we have to make the most of the other areas of our appearance I'd rather be bald than out of shape. If you are on the big 3 you can lift as much as you want you should maintain your hair for years and exercise is mandatory for any man who wants to look good and feel good, it becomes even more important if your hair is going down the drain!

This is what I was thinking. I have seen even steroid users use the big 3 and maintain (check out hairlossfromsteroids.com's owner) so I am hopeful.
  • 12-31-2012 12:13 PM
    Assemblage23
    and you definitly don't need steroids the sides are horrible they cost a lot of money and if you have a decent diet and follow a good routine (check out starting strength) you'll sure get jacked
  • 12-31-2012 12:38 PM
    Aames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    and you definitly don't need steroids the sides are horrible they cost a lot of money and if you have a decent diet and follow a good routine (check out starting strength) you'll sure get jacked

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I was looking into taking steroids. I intend to stay natural unless the day comes where I have to shave my head. I was just pointing out that steroid users could maintain their hair even with much higher amounts of T and DHT in their bodies than a natural bodybuilder would have.
  • 12-31-2012 04:26 PM
    jman91
    This is a good question and i don't think there is a consensus, some people say go for it fin will protect you from spiking dht levels and some say that overall you will be better without hitting the gym fin or no fin. All I can say is that Spencer hits the gym and he's obviously very cautious about what will affect his hair so i have chosen to hit the gym in the hope that the difference to my hair is not noticeable.
  • 01-01-2013 05:58 AM
    8868alex
    Avoid Creatine (and certainly Steroids), follow a sensible routine that also includes cardio elements. Couple this with a balanced diet and you should be fine!
  • 01-01-2013 08:22 AM
    thechamp
    Propecia
    My problem is I work out etc but if I'm on propecia I get weight gain you guys know any good natural estrogen blockers so maybe I could still take propecia?
  • 01-01-2013 08:33 AM
    Aames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Avoid Creatine (and certainly Steroids), follow a sensible routine that also includes cardio elements. Couple this with a balanced diet and you should be fine!

Yeah, I saw the study that showed creatine increases DHT fairly significantly. Quit it that day, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    My problem is I work out etc but if I'm on propecia I get weight gain you guys know any good natural estrogen blockers so maybe I could still take propecia?

I'm not sure that you would have to. Just don't eat too far over your caloric maintenance with 1g/lb body-weight of protein and most of the weight you do gain should be muscle. Although I'm far from an expert on muscle synthesis and how hormones affect it, propecia actually raises T levels since it doesn't allow as much to be converted to DHT, which may actually help protein synthesis?? I have no idea tbh.
  • 01-01-2013 08:49 AM
    NotBelievingIt
    Propecia raises *free* T levels, which can be utilized elsewhere in other anabolic needs.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM