Buzzing Vs Longer Hair

Printable View

• 08-17-2013 08:36 PM
    redy
    Buzzing Vs Longer Hair
    If my hairline thinning leaves the appearance of a thinning hairline at the roots, but the follicles are still thick enough in majority to maintain a normal appearance at the ends of the follicles, would buzzing it down shorter hide this thinning root appearance?

I don't really have any way of knowing unless I buzz it down, but I can't put it back on if there is no improvement :P
  • 08-18-2013 05:49 AM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redy View Post
    If my hairline thinning leaves the appearance of a thinning hairline at the roots, but the follicles are still thick enough in majority to maintain a normal appearance at the ends of the follicles, would buzzing it down shorter hide this thinning root appearance?

I don't really have any way of knowing unless I buzz it down, but I can't put it back on if there is no improvement :P

Shorter hair makes your hair appear less thin, which is why thinning hair doesn't look so good when people grow it out. When you buzz your hair the stubble appears to be thicker than when you grow your hair out. If you do buzz it keep at grade 2 at the longest.
  • 08-18-2013 11:32 AM
    BigThinker
    If you have the headshape, you might as well buzz it. I have a shit-tier skull shape, so I'm boned if treatment fails me.
  • 08-18-2013 07:18 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    I buzz my head more out of necessity than choice. Not enough hair on my head to grow it out. I am pretty much just treating my hair loss to keep from going slick bald. I have kept my expectations pretty low for regrowth.
  • 08-19-2013 04:38 PM
    DannyBoyy7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I buzz my head more out of necessity than choice. Not enough hair on my head to grow it out. I am pretty much just treating my hair loss to keep from going slick bald. I have kept my expectations pretty low for regrowth.

I wont do slick bald maybe one day in the far future but not anytime soon to much hassle i dont even clean shave my face but i like having beards anyway...i just be buzzing for now i like it so thats all what matters long at the moment though i get lazy.
  • 08-30-2013 06:05 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    I also depends on the skin color and hair characteristics and color. The only real way to find what looks good for is to try it.
  • 10-29-2013 10:15 PM
    Mcgunther
    It depends on your hairline too, I find the buzz works great for diffuse thinners but if you are anw3 guy with thick hair otherwise the buzz only accentuates the balding. In general though even with a high hairline the closer to the skin you go the less noticeable the hairloss.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 02:28 PM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab