Are you alright?

Printable View

• 08-14-2013 08:19 AM
    redy
    Are you alright?
    So, I've come to the conclusion that I've probably waited too long to start my treatment, in that I'm now thinning fast into a solid NW2/3 and 8 months ago I had no idea what thinning hairlines even looked like. I have started minox and fin, though..

Funny huh? Not really, because I'm not even 22 yet.

I'd say for the most part, I loved my hair the most about my appearance in the past but now I can't stand it and I feel like everyone is going to start to notice as it becomes more and more difficult to hide it.

Apart from the hair, I'd say I was doing alright. I mean, I'd give anything to go back one year in time, though. I'd say physically I'm in great shape, never had problems with women, doing well in school, interning places, blah blah blah etc...

Is that all really going to change when I end up having to buzz this all down?
    Is everyone just going to see me as that balding kid?
    That's what I'm afraid of, and I want to at least know what I'm getting into if anyone has any advice from experience?
    Is it really just all confidence, or faking it?

Honestly, I really like having hair and when it was full I felt great all the time, but now that I'm losing it I'm spiraling into a depression. I'm trying to fight it, but at this age, logically, I'm not going to win the fight without a lot of luck.

I'd say I'm more worried about what other people think of my hair loss. When I was younger i'd buzz my hair down to a 2 clipper all over just because it was easy and I really didn't care either way... Now I'm dreading doing that and showing what I've really got going on up there...
  • 08-14-2013 08:28 AM
    UK_
    Clip it, hit the gym & move on.

Dont mess around trying to woefully cling on to a comb over, that's all Fin has to offer.
  • 08-14-2013 08:36 AM
    redy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

Dont mess around trying to woefully cling on to a comb over, that's all Fin has to offer.

I wouldn't say that I'm totally there yet, but it will be soon unless minox magically thickens the hairline up.\

But that is what I will be doing, I guess.
  • 08-14-2013 09:12 PM
    ThisGayLife
    No one is alright on this site. We're on a hairloss discussion forum for gods sakes lol .

Life won't be the same. Balding before your 30s pretty much means you've lucked out on living a fulfill full life
  • 08-14-2013 11:41 PM
    fred970
    What about balding before your 20's? I started at 17. 23 and NW5 now, does it mean I'll never lived a fulfilled full life?!
  • 08-15-2013 12:32 AM
    ThisGayLife
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    What about balding before your 20's? I started at 17. 23 and NW5 now, does it mean I'll never lived a fulfilled full life?!

You take your current life, add a full head of hair, and its 1000x more fulfilling. All aspects
  • 08-15-2013 12:08 PM
    Exodus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    You take your current life, add a full head of hair, and its 1000x more fulfilling. All aspects

Rubbish.
  • 08-16-2013 12:23 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Rubbish.

It would be good if you could 'like' posts as you can on YouTube.
  • 08-16-2013 12:30 PM
    Jcm800
    Quote:

It would be good if you could 'like' posts as you can on YouTube.

Agreed, how are you getting on with the RU cream UK?
  • 08-16-2013 12:42 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Dont some people maintain for ages?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:19 AM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino