Replicel

Printable View

• 05-02-2012 01:28 AM
    alanrudy
    I'm still hoping for the best, but just trying to look objectively and if the results were amazing I'm 99% sure it would've leaked by now. Hopefully they have at least some results comparable to Histogen or Aderans and, even if there are no results I'd expect them to try to make a positive spin on it because I'm sure they don't want to admit failure and would like to continue with research in this area. Hope they come through, or Histogen or another one do as well.
  • 05-02-2012 02:18 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    I'm still hoping for the best, but just trying to look objectively and if the results were amazing I'm 99% sure it would've leaked by now. Hopefully they have at least some results comparable to Histogen or Aderans and, even if there are no results I'd expect them to try to make a positive spin on it because I'm sure they don't want to admit failure and would like to continue with research in this area. Hope they come through, or Histogen or another one do as well.

Why would the results leak if they were amazing? Couldn't the same be said for if the results were bad too?
  • 05-02-2012 02:32 AM
    Pate
    Re: cost, if Aderans, Replicel and Histogen all have marketable products, there will be a three-way battle for the chrome-dome dollar, and the price will be competitive.

Should be decently cheaper than a hair transplant because of the much lower labour costs involved. The only way it will cost $20,000 is if only one of them succeeds and the others fail, and they decide to monopolise it.
  • 05-02-2012 02:40 AM
    alanrudy
    Uninformed, they technically could, but I think that's less likely. I think about the participants in the study and the employees, they have families, friends, coworkers, etc. If the results were amazing, I'm not sure how at least one of those people couldn't help but let it leak unless there's some crazy incentive for them not to. That's just my opinion/logic of it, but I'll still hope for good results.
  • 05-02-2012 02:52 AM
    paulsreef
    Quote:

Uninformed, they technically could, but I think that's less likely. I think about the participants in the study and the employees, they have families, friends, coworkers, etc. If the results were amazing, I'm not sure how at least one of those people couldn't help but let it leak unless there's some crazy incentive for them not to. That's just my opinion/logic of it, but I'll still hope for good results.

I agree; if I started to grow my hair back and in a year it was all back, people at work would probably take more notice than when I lost my hair. I would probably be driving all over town in a convertible screaming until they locked me up. You would think something like that would leak out.
  • 05-02-2012 04:34 AM
    Pate
    Quote:

Well first up, the trial took place in Georgia, in the former USSR. Most of the participants probably don't even speak English. They certainly don't hang around hair loss forums. Or catch up with Tobin in a bar for a beer and a chat.

Second, they only had single injections. Any hair growth would only have been in a radius of a couple of millimetres. Unless they were injected on slick bald scalp these guys probably wouldn't even know themselves if they've grown any hair. It would take a microscope analysis.

Third, there's the fact they would have signed confidentiality agreements under threat of legal action. That's not just for results but everything about the procedure.

Fourth, there's the fact none of the other trial results have leaked. One guy turned up on another forum claiming to have been in an Aderans trial, and posted pics of hair growth, but there was no leak of results ("25% increase in hair count" or whatever). And that's it - from 300 trial participants! From Histogen participants we have heard absolutely squat.

Fifth, as uninformed said, there's just as much chance of a leak if it's bad news as if it's good.

So I don't really see that the fact there hasn't been a leak can be interpreted as good OR bad. We will see in a few days anyway.
  • 05-02-2012 04:59 AM
    WillhasWill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Well first up, the trial took place in Georgia, in the former USSR. Most of the participants probably don't even speak English. They certainly don't hang around hair loss forums. Or catch up with Tobin in a bar for a beer and a chat.

Second, they only had single injections. Any hair growth would only have been in a radius of a couple of millimetres. Unless they were injected on slick bald scalp these guys probably wouldn't even know themselves if they've grown any hair. It would take a microscope analysis.

Third, there's the fact they would have signed confidentiality agreements under threat of legal action. That's not just for results but everything about the procedure.

Fourth, there's the fact none of the other trial results have leaked. One guy turned up on another forum claiming to have been in an Aderans trial, and posted pics of hair growth, but there was no leak of results ("25% increase in hair count" or whatever). And that's it - from 300 trial participants! From Histogen participants we have heard absolutely squat.

Fifth, as uninformed said, there's just as much chance of a leak if it's bad news as if it's good.

So I don't really see that the fact there hasn't been a leak can be interpreted as good OR bad. We will see in a few days anyway.

Exactly, leaks are unlikely and even so leaks are no more or less likely whether the results are good or bad.

People seem to think that a good result is a full head of hair and because there has been no leak (who would be able to hide a full head of hair and keep that a secret) then they must have failed. Come on guys, there is not a chance there will be anything like a full head of hair. But that doesn't mean they have failed. You are setting yourselves up for a major anti climax when you read the results in a few days.

Pate, do you have a link to the post from the Aderans trial patient? That sounds interesting, though there is no proof he was a patient I guess but I would like to read that.
  • 05-02-2012 05:17 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pate View Post

^ this.

Everyone needs to stop speculating... especially on the basis legal disclaimers, share prices or more strangely the lack of "leaks"....
  • 05-02-2012 05:44 AM
    Whair
    results are out
    replicel has released details........it works
  • 05-02-2012 06:02 AM
    67mph
    I dropped off for a second, sorry, WHAT??

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Which is the best Salesforce institutes in Hyderabad?
Yesterday 09:59 AM
Last Post By palashmim2022
Yesterday 09:59 AM
The Resveratrol microneedling process study - enroll now
04-11-2022 02:38 AM
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 05:43 AM
What wedding packages are offered in Tbilisi?
01-27-2024 04:13 AM
by Jiromen
Last Post By Henryclark
03-16-2024 03:12 AM
Tour Operator's Treasures in Bangladesh
09-28-2023 06:48 AM
by davidm
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 12:49 AM