• 11-06-2019 07:48 PM
    X782gd73bd8
    REALLY DESPERATE PLEASE HELP!! Finasteride 9.5 months
    No one was helpful on my last post so I'll redo.

25 year old, used to compete in powerlifting. Did a bunch of AAS (anabolic androgenic steroids) cycles. I didn't notice hair loss till my 5th cycle but decided to quit after my 6th. Never had rage or health issues when i was on. Was good about dosing and monitoring bloodwork. Now I've been on TRT since last december. Started minoxidil on the crown in September 2018, started on the hairline december and started finasteride january 15th. I quit min shortly after as i got tired of applying it.

Fast forward, 9.5 months later and I've gone from a NW 2.5 to a NW 4 with a very thin crown. WHY AM I STILL LOSING HAIR!?!??!?

I have access to dut. Should i switch? I got my dht checked and its 10 (ref range is 15-45) and i wasn't losing hair rapidly when i was on huge doses of gear, just gradually. So why am i losing hair now?

I've heard diet and stress can affect it too. I stress about my hair a lot..

Looking for reassurance.. and please don't tell me to shave my head.
  • 11-06-2019 09:31 PM
    mrclean
    I would apply rogaine at least on the crown when you go to bed and start microneedling to see if that helps. What is TRT?
  • 11-07-2019 07:21 AM
    X782gd73bd8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    I would apply rogaine at least on the crown when you go to bed and start microneedling to see if that helps. What is TRT?

I can't do rogaine, polyethylene glycol. I have very sensitive skin.

TRT = testosterone replacement therapy. So my T levels are constant
  • 11-07-2019 01:51 PM
    Shera
    Hi,

If you are over stressing about your hair then it is possible that this stress may be contributing to your increasing rapid hair loss. Hair loss from stress is usually temporary so you might want to look at making changes to combat this.

It probably doesn't help that you have a history of steroid use and are still taking TRT, all of which are linked to an increase in hairloss regardless of you not losing any hair when you were on heavier doses.

Personally I would suggest that you stop with everything and just take the Finasteride for 6 months and monitor for any changes. If your hairloss improves you have your answer. If not then if you must you can get back on your gear (as a side note I know many guys who are having health issues now in their late 40s as a direct result of wanting to have physiques like the Ultimate Warrior in the late 80s/90s, be aware!).

Also you need to look at other factors such as family balding history, your brothers, uncles on maternal and to some extent paternal side. You could just be one of the unlucky ones with the balding gene.

It's difficult to pinpoint an exact reason for your hairloss but you should consider some of the above starting points to help make things more clearer.

Kindest Regards

Shera - UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
    UK Email : uk@darlingbuds.com
    UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
    WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667
    I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice
  • 11-07-2019 07:33 PM
    X782gd73bd8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shera View Post
    Hi,

If you are over stressing about your hair then it is possible that this stress may be contributing to your increasing rapid hair loss. Hair loss from stress is usually temporary so you might want to look at making changes to combat this.

It probably doesn't help that you have a history of steroid use and are still taking TRT, all of which are linked to an increase in hairloss regardless of you not losing any hair when you were on heavier doses.

Personally I would suggest that you stop with everything and just take the Finasteride for 6 months and monitor for any changes. If your hairloss improves you have your answer. If not then if you must you can get back on your gear (as a side note I know many guys who are having health issues now in their late 40s as a direct result of wanting to have physiques like the Ultimate Warrior in the late 80s/90s, be aware!).

Also you need to look at other factors such as family balding history, your brothers, uncles on maternal and to some extent paternal side. You could just be one of the unlucky ones with the balding gene.

It's difficult to pinpoint an exact reason for your hairloss but you should consider some of the above starting points to help make things more clearer.

Kindest Regards

Shera - UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
    UK Email : uk@darlingbuds.com
    UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
    WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667
    I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice

I have no desire to use gear anymore. My physique is how i want and I've achieved 3 state records so I'm good.

I still take HGH at 2 ius. I've heard it helps hair.

No one in my family was bald before 50. Dad is 67 with NW 4 and my two grandfathers never went bald. I maybe inherited the slow balding from my dad and sped it up with gear.

And when i was on gear we're talking dht galore. Winstrol and anadrol to name a couple.

Really doubt trt is the issue. When i did my first cycle it was 400mg test 50 var. Did not hurt my hair whatsoever. I'm only on 200mg test/week now + GH.

The scalp eczema may be the cause of the rapid loss?
  • 11-07-2019 11:09 PM
    Notgivingup2
    First of all, I read your first post and you need to stop stressing. No one here is a doctor, we are just normal guys like you with the same awful problem, just trying to figure this out ourselves.

No one has a magic cure or answer as to what is going on in your body. I know that's what you don't want to hear, because it's not the quick fix we are all so desperate for, but it is the truth.

Anyway, Listen, no judgement over the gear, in fact, I'm here (and have been here nearly 5 years) for the same reason. I ran a normal dose of test back in 2015 and my hair went from glorious to about 50% less density in about 6 weeks.
    I stopped the cycle straight away and jumped on my PCT because of the age old saying on the steroid forums - hair or gains, you only get one.

Stopping seemingly slowed my hair loss down, but it has always continued. I'm sure you're aware of the studies suggesting that even taking a low dose of a cycle can change the way your body builds muscle forever even long after you stop, well I'm assuming it works the same for hair, once you trigger mph (I had no hairloss before I injected) it just keeps going.
    I also find obtaining and building muscle is much easier since then, I sit at 205lbs at 6ft1 and about 12% body fat with abs, back in 2015 I couldn't put on any size to save my life, so even running a low dose of test changed my body for good, and certainly changed my hair loss situation.

Also, from what I understand, HGH can be good for hair, or there some studies (I use this term loosely, it's mostly just guys in forums that have used it) saying it could make it worse, it's all subjective in truth, this isn't a science there isn't enough solid evidence of anything it's all just guys in forums guessing.
    Plus TRT could easily be the cause in itself. I doubt that keeps you at solely a natural level, again with this there is actual studies (the real kind you can access online) to suggest this.

Ive also taken Fin for lengthy spells with no success. I really do think hairloss triggered by steroids is far more aggressive and harder to stop.
    I'd maybe look into Hair transplants. it may be a good option if you can stabilise maybe by upping to DUT?

Good luck buddy, I hope at the very least you can slow further loss down or come to terms with this crappy affliction.

P.s just to add, in regards to you saying your first cycle didn't hurt your hair, they say you won't notice hair loss until about you're about 50% down, so it most likely was doing damage you may have just had a lot of hair to begin with genetically and it took you longer to notice.
  • 11-08-2019 09:21 AM
    X782gd73bd8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    First of all, I read your first post and you need to stop stressing. No one here is a doctor, we are just normal guys like you with the same awful problem, just trying to figure this out ourselves.

No one has a magic cure or answer as to what is going on in your body. I know that's what you don't want to hear, because it's not the quick fix we are all so desperate for, but it is the truth.

Anyway, Listen, no judgement over the gear, in fact, I'm here (and have been here nearly 5 years) for the same reason. I ran a normal dose of test back in 2015 and my hair went from glorious to about 50% less density in about 6 weeks.
    I stopped the cycle straight away and jumped on my PCT because of the age old saying on the steroid forums - hair or gains, you only get one.

Stopping seemingly slowed my hair loss down, but it has always continued. I'm sure you're aware of the studies suggesting that even taking a low dose of a cycle can change the way your body builds muscle forever even long after you stop, well I'm assuming it works the same for hair, once you trigger mph (I had no hairloss before I injected) it just keeps going.
    I also find obtaining and building muscle is much easier since then, I sit at 205lbs at 6ft1 and about 12% body fat with abs, back in 2015 I couldn't put on any size to save my life, so even running a low dose of test changed my body for good, and certainly changed my hair loss situation.

Also, from what I understand, HGH can be good for hair, or there some studies (I use this term loosely, it's mostly just guys in forums that have used it) saying it could make it worse, it's all subjective in truth, this isn't a science there isn't enough solid evidence of anything it's all just guys in forums guessing.
    Plus TRT could easily be the cause in itself. I doubt that keeps you at solely a natural level, again with this there is actual studies (the real kind you can access online) to suggest this.

Ive also taken Fin for lengthy spells with no success. I really do think hairloss triggered by steroids is far more aggressive and harder to stop.
    I'd maybe look into Hair transplants. it may be a good option if you can stabilise maybe by upping to DUT?

Good luck buddy, I hope at the very least you can slow further loss down or come to terms with this crappy affliction.

P.s just to add, in regards to you saying your first cycle didn't hurt your hair, they say you won't notice hair loss until about you're about 50% down, so it most likely was doing damage you may have just had a lot of hair to begin with genetically and it took you longer to notice.

Really appreciate you not judging. There is a huge stigma.

That's crazy only one cycle of test wrecked your hair.

But see, you did one cycle, i did like 6.

My last 3 cycles:

- 1g test, 600 eq, 100mg anadrol
    - 600mg test, 400mg mast, 50mg winstrol (100 winny 700 mast last two weeks)
    - 1.2g test, 700mg primo, 75mg winstrol (100mg last two weeks)

Ive also done tren twice. After all this shit i still have 65-70% of my hair. From what i know winstrol is THE WORST ON HAIR. Guys with the gene go bald after 1 cycle at like 50mg. I've done it twice (50 and 75) and I'm thinner but i survived all these cycles even though I've lost some hair; people still don't see me as "bald"

Just FYI for everyone on here, I'm healthy. I got bloodwork done a month ago, everything looked great.

I seem to have the exact same balding pattern as my dad (diffuse with some recession and crown thinning). But he lost his hair very slowly over like 35 years and he still has hair at 67, just thin and losing it. So maybe i still have a chance?
  • 11-08-2019 09:24 AM
    X782gd73bd8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by X782gd73bd8 View Post
    Really appreciate you not judging. There is a huge stigma.

That's crazy only one cycle of test wrecked your hair.

But see, you did one cycle, i did like 6.

My last 3 cycles:

- 1g test, 600 eq, 100mg anadrol
    - 600mg test, 400mg mast, 50mg winstrol (100 winny 700 mast last two weeks)
    - 1.2g test, 700mg primo, 75mg winstrol (100mg last two weeks)

Ive also done tren twice. After all this shit i still have 65-70% of my hair. From what i know winstrol is THE WORST ON HAIR. Guys with the gene go bald after 1 cycle at like 50mg. I've done it twice (50 and 75) and I'm thinner but i survived all these cycles even though I've lost some hair; people still don't see me as "bald"

Just FYI for everyone on here, I'm healthy. I got bloodwork done a month ago, everything looked great.

I seem to have the exact same balding pattern as my dad (diffuse with some recession and crown thinning). But he lost his hair very slowly over like 35 years and he still has hair at 67, just thin and losing it. So maybe i still have a chance?

Also i know for a fact 400 test 50 var did nothing because I've carefully examined many photos from 3-4 months after that cycle. Hairline looked strong. I'm serious.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM