Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brocktherock
    • Dec 2013

Replicel presentation january 12th

They are having another presentation, I doubt that much new info will be revealed but David Hall has been dropping details like crazy.http://www.itbusinessnet.com/article...ncisco-3688408
  • Hairismylife
    • Jun 2012

That means today, looking forward to it.

Comment

• efedrez
      • May 2013

Any news about the meeting? I didn't find anything on their website

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by efedrez
        Any news about the meeting? I didn't find anything on their website
        The presentations go on until January 14th, so today will be the last day.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

There's also this interview that took place about tendonosis:

Comment

• macbeth81
            • Sep 2014

Biotech Showcase presentation has been posted.

Note the RCH-01 trial is scheduled for H1 2015. So it can start anytime between now and mid-year.

Comment

• efedrez
              • May 2013

Originally posted by macbeth81
              Biotech Showcase presentation has been posted.

Note the RCH-01 trial is scheduled for H1 2015. So it can start anytime between now and mid-year.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...2015-FINAL.pdf
              Thanks! I wonder if this time they will really start the trial, last year it was the same for Q1, then Q2 then second half of 2014, and now H1 2015.

I believe there were dealing with a few bureaucratic issues that were resolved list year.

Also we should pay attention to Shiseido trial also starting this year

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Could they AT LEAST get the ball rolling with the japanese trials from Shiseido??

Comment

• brocktherock
                  • Dec 2013

I really think that now since their partnership is more settled they won't be so slow with trials. Im sure there will be some delays though, I understand its not like going to the dmv and getting a new licence.

Comment

• Sogeking
                    • Feb 2011

I think they will definitely start in first half of this year, however this Phase 2 is make it or break it for Replicel.

This is an excerpt from the pdf:
                    1. 160 participants
                    2. 396 RCH-01 treatment group sites (vs. 16 in P1), with 244 placebo sites
                    3. Designed to measure dosing and treatment frequency
                    4. Primary commercial endpoint –efficacy at 52 weeks after final injection
                      efficacy measured as total density, hair thickness, cumulative hair and treatment response rate
                    5. Secondary endpoints –52 weeks
                      local tolerance, systemic safety

Notice the bolded part: after 52 weeks (1 year) we will get the results for the Phase 2 data. That is when we will know how good RCH-01 really is. This is good. At least we won't be kept in the dark.
                    So expect results in H2 of 2016.

As for Shiseido I don't expect they will be forthcoming with news for the international scene. I think they will conduct their trials away from the public eye.

Comment

• brocktherock
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sogeking
                      I think they will definitely start in first half of this year, however this Phase 2 is make it or break it for Replicel.

Notice the bolded part: after 52 weeks (1 year) we will get the results for the Phase 2 data. That is when we will know how good RCH-01 really is. This is good. At least we won't be kept in the dark.

As for Shiseido I don't expect they will be forthcoming with news for the international scene. I think they will conduct their trials away from the public eye.
                      Why do do think they won't be forthcoming? They could have kept it quiet but lately they've been very transparent and don't give vague answers in interviews like Cots did. They've been doing a lot of presentations and interviews and David Hall seems genuinely passionate and for once he is using the word cure without using verbal ju jitsu. I sincerely believe if this isn't a full on cure then it will at least stop further loss which would give people like me the option of an HT without longterm risks.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking

No hope to get it in H1 2016?
                        Little bit disappointed.

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

The presentation said that the cells grow for 5 to 8 weeks. The more I know about this the more I think this is a cure. If its as good or better than fin in the first 6 months of the pilot study then Im impressed.

Comment

• Kudu
                            • Nov 2013

Even if Shiseido completes phase 2 trials, then what? Are they going to be able to set up clinics that can do the procedure? How are they going to handle the massive number of people that want this? And how can we think this will be affordable? This just seems so far away still.

Comment

• brocktherock
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Kudu
                              Even if Shiseido completes phase 2 trials, then what? Are they going to be able to set up clinics that can do the procedure? How are they going to handle the massive number of people that want this? And how can we think this will be affordable? This just seems so far away still.
                              In the last presentation they use procedures like botox to show how profitable it can be to mark it up. I don't think it'll be cheap but this isn't labor intensive like hair transplants are. You pay for biopsy, the labor it takes to culture, the matierials and the labor to give you the injections. I'm sure even if they mark it up 500% it should still be comparable to a hair transplant. Sheseido mearly licenced this, I think this will be like breast implants. Doctors will be able to form a career from this alone. There should be no shortage of labor. These are just my predictions but I really don't see how it could vary too much. Also Japan now allows you to commercialize DURING phase 2 as long as it has been given the proper testing. There is a lot of aggressive movement from the 4th largest cosmetic company in the world simply to get it out sooner.

Comment

Working...