• 03-16-2012 02:18 PM
    uofm01
    3 weeks after transplant, transplanted hair is still in. Is this normal?
    Hello everyone! I really appreciate everyones input on this forum, it has helped me immensely!

I had a hair transplant 3 weeks ago exactly. It was a conventional transplant where they take a strip from the back and remove individual hairs from that same strip (FUT). It was transplanted only in the frontal area, a total of 859 grafts. The scabbing is completely gone and with that some of the hairs of the transplanted hairs have come out as well, I understand this is normal.

My question is: The remaining transplanted hairs (probably 80%) are still remaining. They have become softer and harder to see, however they are definitely present. I called my DR and he advised that this is rare however I am kinda lucky because they will just begin to grow when they are ready regardless of the hair being there. Has anyone had this same experience? If so, please tell me your story or link me to another thread that has been started about this, I really appreciate your help!!!
  • 03-16-2012 07:39 PM
    Tracy C
    Don't worry. If they are going to shed out, they will do so when they are ready. If they are going to grow for while before they shed out, they will do that when they are ready as well.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth