• 01-04-2012 02:34 PM
    makaveli
    Ashley & Martin / Advanced Hair Studio
    Hi, was wondering about those large hair loss companies like Ashley & Martin and Advanced Hair Studio, what do they do/prescribe that is different from using propecia and rogaine?

Anyone used these guys?
  • 01-04-2012 04:38 PM
    8868alex
    Avoid them... stick with the tried and true!
  • 01-04-2012 06:58 PM
    makaveli
    Thanks for the reply but I'm curious as to what they do (other than take your money) and how they can make claims of 98% success rates.....?
  • 01-05-2012 09:35 AM
    8868alex
    Advanced Hair Studio use celebrity endorsers to publicise their treatment protocols which are essentially - Minoxidil and Laser Therapy or basically hair systems. I actually use the Hairmax Lasercomb so I don't discount any benefit related to this treatment modality, I just wouldn't pay for the exorbitant and unfounded claims they make. Ashley & Martin don't appear to have a clear treatment protocol. Go to their website and see for yourself. The publicise success rates but divulge little on the actual treatment itself!

You have Minoxidil and Finasteride - both approved by the FDA / MHRA
    Laser Therapy has it's place depending on who you speak to. I use it as an adjunct to the above and will continue to do so. PRP /Acell shows some promise and their are new protocols beign developed by Histogen, Aderans and Replicel. Check out the IAHRS doctors and do some research on the above. Good luck !
  • 01-05-2012 12:52 PM
    stratofortress
    I haven't heard a lot of (genuine) positive things about AHS. They were taken to task over a TV commercial promoting their 'strand by strand' procedure. The ad visually implies that it's a treatment that regrows hair, but in reality it's just the application of a hair system/piece.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...rne-misleading

From what I've read on forums, they grossly over charge clients for what could be achieved for much less. What they do have is a very slick marketing campaign.
  • 01-05-2012 02:43 PM
    makaveli
    Thanks for the info guys.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:16 AM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM