Absolute shit

Printable View

• 08-11-2013 11:19 AM
    clandestine
    Absolute shit
    The means by which we are able to treat hair loss are absolute shit.

I would sooner be able to transmit this forum post to the baldtruth through thought than have an effective way to prevent hair loss.

I'm mad. Moreover, I'm devastated. I'm disgusted.

I want you to get mad. I feel like we need to make some sort of push here.
  • 08-11-2013 11:29 AM
    hellouser
    LOL, and people get angry with me when I say Finasteride is a shit treatment for hair loss.

20 years since Fin's inception and to this day its the best we've got. Talk about FAILURE to produce a PROPER treatment.
  • 08-11-2013 11:35 AM
    Dan26
    Its because of fin that there aren't better treatments. Certain molecules that topical AA's like CB RU derived from etc were discovered long ago but there was never really any market for them as they would have to compete with fin, which at the time was thought to be as safe and as effective as a topical AA....:confused:
  • 08-11-2013 07:12 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I totally agree with these threads. It is absolutely ridiculous that we do not have a cure or an effective treatment for a disease that afflicts so many people. There is a reason that only about 5% of people seek today's treatments for hair loss and it's not because they don't care about losing their hair. It's because today's treatments are utter horses**t.

But as I've said plenty of times before, I don't think most peole in the hair loss industry are interested at all in a cure for hair loss. And the majority of them sure as hell aren't doing anything to work towards a cure. They are making obscene amounts of money with their hair transplants and they do not want to mess with good enough.
  • 08-11-2013 09:25 PM
    Gjm127
    Take all your anger out on the dermaroller and dermaroll your scalp the **** out! :p
  • 08-11-2013 10:21 PM
    Banana Republic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    But as I've said plenty of times before, I don't think most peole in the hair loss industry are interested at all in a cure for hair loss. And the majority of them sure as hell aren't doing anything to work towards a cure. They are making obscene amounts of money with their hair transplants and they do not want to mess with good enough.

Sounds like the oil industry strongly resisting the introduction of solar energy. I'm sure that comparison has been made here before.

If we can develop electric cars against the wishes of the oil industry, then we can cure hair loss against the wishes of the hair loss industry. Of course, the planet isn't being threatened by Global Thinning, so the pressures are different.
  • 08-12-2013 12:19 AM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana Republic View Post
    Sounds like the oil industry strongly resisting the introduction of solar energy. I'm sure that comparison has been made here before.

If we can develop electric cars against the wishes of the oil industry, then we can cure hair loss against the wishes of the hair loss industry. Of course, the planet isn't being threatened by Global Thinning, so the pressures are different.

That is a completely ridiculous analogy. Sure there are individual hair transplant doctors that make great money, there are snake oil salesmen, and then there are minox and fin which were colossal failures for the pharma industry. None of these people/companies have any power to prevent future hairloss treatments from coming to market.

However your suggesting that the most profitable, most powerful industry in the history of man, the energy sector, is the same as the hairloss industry is retarded. The energy sector has thousands of lobbyists in the U.S. and Europe, makes trillions of dollars each year, have formed numerous profit and non-profit organizations to promote pseudo-science and create doubt about climate change, there is absolutely no equivalent in the hairloss industry. Is there a baldness lobby? No. The idea that somehow "the man" is suppressing viable treatments is stupid, no on cares about baldness or thinks there is a profit to be made in various treatments that get abandoned, nothing more, nothing less. There is no great baldness conspiracy theory.
  • 08-12-2013 12:25 AM
    Dan26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    That is a completely ridiculous analogy. Sure there are individual hair transplant doctors that make great money, there are snake oil salesmen, and then there are minox and fin which were colossal failures for the pharma industry. None of these people/companies have any power to prevent future hairloss treatments from coming to market.

However your suggesting that the most profitable, most powerful industry in the history of man, the energy sector, is the same as the hairloss industry is retarded. The energy sector has thousands of lobbyists in the U.S. and Europe, makes trillions of dollars each year, have formed numerous profit and non-profit organizations to promote pseudo-science and create doubt about climate change, there is absolutely no equivalent in the hairloss industry. Is there a baldness lobby? No. The idea that somehow "the man" is suppressing viable treatments is stupid, no on cares about baldness or thinks there is a profit to be made in various treatments that get abandoned, nothing more, nothing less. There is no great baldness conspiracy theory.

Woah....

Rude.

Lol, good points ;)
  • 08-12-2013 12:37 AM
    thechamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    The means by which we are able to treat hair loss are absolute shit.

I would sooner be able to transmit this forum post to the baldtruth through thought than have an effective way to prevent hair loss.

I'm mad. Moreover, I'm devastated. I'm disgusted.

I want you to get mad. I feel like we need to make some sort of push here.

I feel your pain I'm on the verge of quitting fin it's been effecting my mental health as well as weight gain ill be bald buy the end of the year o well that's life
  • 08-12-2013 01:44 AM
    BudskiiHD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    LOL, and people get angry with me when I say Finasteride is a shit treatment for hair loss.

20 years since Fin's inception and to this day its the best we've got. Talk about FAILURE to produce a PROPER treatment.

Yeh it's shit if you've already high on norwood scale before start fin. If you start early its pretty much a cure assuming you don't get side effects. Starting early is pretty much the key to all treatments today and I think its gona stay that way for quite some time even CB-03-01 will be preventative.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 09:59 AM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab